Autopsy 2017 AFL Brownlow Medal - Congratulations, Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty has less talented players around him. It's easier to stand out. Just like Tom Mitchell at the Hawks.

The same players who include brownlow medals, AA's, a Dual Coleman medallist, and are playing in a grand final this weekend. Those untalented players?

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

You don't know the facts of any of that though do you?
No he doesn't. He can't possibly know, that's why the high court found in dustys dads favour 6 to 1 votes. . Because they simply didn't know, as dutton provided zero evidence to support the allegations.

I completely agree. You are free to remove yourself at any time. No one running the site, moderating the forum, or participating in it owes you specifically some arbitrary feeling of 'safety', whatever that means to you since I've never felt "unsafe" in an online forum no one knew me in. And you, being what I assume to be a functioning adult exercising free will, are responsible for your mental health around the choice to subject YOURSELF to this forum.

a) No evidence you are indigenous, nor is it relevant to a race-blind (anonymous members) forum.
b) Being poor doesn't grant you special powers to be listened to.
c) Simply stating you feel unsafe isn't actionable.
d) Invoking statements like "I have LGBT friends" as some kind of ammunition to have your viewpoint of a situation acted upon is nonsense and disrespectful to those groups. Besides that I know for a fact (being one, and cringing at my identity being politicized) not all LGBT people have this leftist group-think mentality about their issues and how society is towards us. So don't be self aggrandizing to suggest you speak for or advocate for all LGBT!

Heartless. You must be a Hanson voter.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well its simple! Richmond finished 13th in 2016 and thus got a easy draw just like Essendon did in 2016 for finishing last.
Here i was thinking you had to win finals to make the GF. That easy draw helped us against Geelong and GWS. Do you actually think before you post?

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Woewodin will forever be remembered for being the shittest to win a brownlow but Cotchin will always remembered as the bloke that dogged one.

Its so satisfying knowing Jobe got to celebrate it and experience it on the night and make a nice speech.
Cotch - drug free winner. And captaining his team into a granny. Why would he take a phone call from a drug cheat? May as well accept calls from Lance Armstrong as well.

Collingwood’s slow descent to mediocrity has meant people forget just how good Pendlebury is still. He’s now underrated as a player. Silky skills too.

Even still, Pendlebury missed a number of games, and Adams will win the Pies B&F fairly comfortably, and was prominent in most of the team's better performances.

The real surprise from a Pies perspective was how many votes Sidebottom got. There was probably only a few games max where he was among the team's best 2-3 players, let alone the three best on the ground. Maybe top 5 in the B&F, by virtue of playing every game, and he did well when given the captaincy with Pendles out, but it wasn't a great season for him overall.

Wow some of the comments in this thread are pathetic. I didn't realise an internet forum was full of brilliant public speakers.

He did very well since we already know it's not a strength of his but who really cares and public speaking is rarely a strength of anyone.

His strength in life, and what we should judge him on, is his footballing ability and it's what won him the medal, possibly a premiership on Saturday and over $1 million per year for the next few years. He's more than winning at life and good luck to him. It's been a pleasure watching him dominate this season and I like him more after last night.

Even still, Pendlebury missed a number of games, and Adams will win the Pies B&F fairly comfortably, and was prominent in most of the team's better performances.

The real surprise from a Pies perspective was how many votes Sidebottom got. There was probably only a few games max where he was among the team's best 2-3 players, let alone the three best on the ground. Maybe top 5 in the B&F, by virtue of playing every game, and he did well when given the captaincy with Pendles out, but it wasn't a great season for him overall.

I think the umpires must be able to tune out the 2-3 awful errors Sidey makes each game that we as supporters can't. If you take those out he has a pretty positive impact in most games, plus because he's so fit he's always close to the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope your going to the Granny! Enjoy it whilst you can! Good chance....no...High probability your not making top 4 next year.

So if they win the GF this year, wouldn't it all be "worth it"?! You know, considering the point is to actually win a flag at some stage, not perpetually be building for some mythical dynasty down the track.

I think the umpires must be able to tune out the 2-3 awful errors Sidey makes each game that we as supporters can't. If you take those out he has a pretty positive impact in most games, plus because he's so fit he's always close to the action.

Yeah, even still, he's always had his random unforced OOTF every week for years now. I feel like overall influence wasn't as great as it has been over the past few years. Probably the first time I've felt he's been overrated instead of underrated though.

Im going to bed now. You win.
All you have done is clog the thread up with dickhead posting and look like a *******. You must be future MB mod material.

Your son probably has better spelling and grammar than you do. Cause? It's because you twit, and use commas and full stops. Reading that out loud would cause anyone to lose their breath. Also notice how I used cause correctly?
Reading that sentence, it appears as though he's referring to his 6yo as an embarrassment.

Well done to Martin on winning the 2017 Brownlow medal. He had a dominant season and is playing the best footy of his career during his prime.

Also a shoutout to Tom Mitchell. It ain't easy being the 6th best midfielder in a team to runner-up in the Brownlow in just 12 months. :D
What an absolute steal for pick 14!

Wow some of the comments in this thread are pathetic. I didn't realise an internet forum was full of brilliant public speakers.

He did very well since we already know it's not a strength of his but who really cares and public speaking is rarely a strength of anyone.

His strength in life, and what we should judge him on, is his footballing ability and it's what won him the medal, possibly a premiership on Saturday and over $1 million per year for the next few years. He's more than winning at life and good luck to him. It's been a pleasure watching him dominate this season and I like him more after last night.
Here Here.
I'd much rather listen to Dusty than some of the other it's all about me "celebrities"
Dusty is a breath of fresh air in the way he conducts himself and plays his footy.
He isn't a rocket scientist, he's a footballer. He doesn't try to be anything else. Good on him

That's the joke. Present Not Past said this (after an initial post waffling on about role models)
"I hope for the next Brownlow speech the player has no tattoos and comes from a good family, has an excellent education from the best schools and is an excellent public speaker. I will enjoy that very much."

Old Cuzzy fit the criteria when he won but is hardly a great role model for kids
I took his quote as sarcasm though

Frankly I am a little repulsed by some of the comments in this thread!
To criticize Dusty for his reading ability is pretty low....
He may well have left school as he struggled with dyslexia for all we know.....
For all time, his name will be remembered as a "Brownlow winner", while some people will fade back into the dark abyss of obscurity and mediocrity, which is where they belong.

He had no problem telling a woman he would jam chopsticks in her eyeball with his hand around her neck!
Nice bloke by the way! His dad is champ too!
Was a bullshit story. The woman was a media whore wasn't she?

Regardless, dusty doesn't strike me as the type of guy that's going to threaten to "stab you with chopsticks in your eyeball".

You would just have a chopstick in the eyeball. and be like "what happened". He's that quick with the fend, you wouldn't see it coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back