Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, I'll edit my post to make it less confusing. I never stated otherwise.

I agree with this, my comment was about the melts when we didn't pick him. He could end up the best player in the draft.

Judging the draft results before 3 years is a bit silly, not as silly as melting about one of the clubs two top 5 draft picks before they had even arrived at the club.
I was just interpreting the post by Paracleet.

I agree with what you guys are saying.

I went LDU and Dow. Pretty happy the club didn’t listen to me as Brayshaw and Cerra showing plenty of potential. Although, Dow would have been nice as well.

Never rated Fogarty in the lead up to the draft and still don’t. Seems too small to be a key forward but too big to be a midfield.

Freomaniac necrobumping again? :think:

Applying some tough man Tony Abbott tactics to posters real-time bagging the Brayshaw pick? :fire:

I went LDU and Dow. Pretty happy the club didn’t listen to me as Brayshaw and Cerra showing plenty of potential. Although, Dow would have been nice as well.

Never rated Fogarty in the lead up to the draft and still don’t. Seems too small to be a key forward but too big to be a midfield.
Whilst Dow's explosion from the stoppage is great, his skills by hand and foot have been terrible so far. Not sure if that is an inexperience thing or just an ability thing.

If he cleans that up he'll be amazing.

Whilst Dow's explosion from the stoppage is great, his skills by hand and foot have been terrible so far. Not sure if that is an inexperience thing or just an ability thing.

If he cleans that up he'll be amazing.

I haven’t seen him play too much this season but I liked his highlights reel. Reminded me of Lenny Hayes.

I haven’t seen him play too much this season but I liked his highlights reel. Reminded me of Lenny Hayes.
Watching in general play is much less impressive. Does a LOT of clangers. Like handballs 2 meters wide of the target and to ground, lots of OOTF when kicking for goals etc.

That said he has improved noticeably later in the season. Seems to be a reasonable tackler. Must admit though, I don't think Hayes when I see him more Danger, but very light version and a worse kick.

Watching in general play is much less impressive. Does a LOT of clangers. Like handballs 2 meters wide of the target and to ground, lots of OOTF when kicking for goals etc.

That said he has improved noticeably later in the season. Seems to be a reasonable tackler. Must admit though, I don't think Hayes when I see him more Danger, but very light version and a worse kick.

He does play for Carlton though

Jokes aside, he may clean that part of his game up as he gets stronger. He seems fairly lightweight compared to the rest.

He does play for Carlton though

Jokes aside, he may clean that part of his game up as he gets stronger. He seems fairly lightweight compared to the rest.
Yeah I think he will at least be a good clearance player. Stoppage burst is valuable but if he doesn't tidy up the kicking he'll become a liability with turnovers.

Don't think he'll ever be a great kick but if he can at least learn to put it to the forward's advantage Carlton have one there.

Remembering back, I initially wanted Cerra and Fogarty.... then LDU and Fogarty...... then Brayshaw and Fogarty...... and my final vote was Brayshaw and LDU.

Stoked with both Brayshaw and Cerra.

I think Brayshaw is shaping up to be a great all rounder (Cotchin/Sloane/Murphy/Selwood type). He's No1 in our team for tackles in his first year, once he builds his body to match his elite fitness he'll run riot. Not worried at all about his kicking skills, in his U18's games you could see he has a very neat kick he just needs more game time to settle. I'm pretty sure he lead his U18's side for score involvements, you can see him trying to bring others into the game, drawing the tackler before releasing the ball. He'll only get better as he adjusts.

Cerra is the next Pendlebury/Mundy. Great in traffic, fast hands, laser boot and great vision. Just need to build his fitness base and harden the body up over the next few preseasons.

We're going to have seriously deep and varied midfield in the next few years all getting fed by Big Boy Darcy.

Fyfe, Neale, Blakely, Brayshaw, Cerra, Walters, Bennell, S Hill, B Hill, Langdon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe, Neale, Blakely, Brayshaw, Cerra, Walters, Bennell, S Hill, B Hill, Langdon.

No idea why prpl_jss would bump this (???), but I’ll play...

Shame Neale, B.Hill, Langdon all pissed off; Blakely turned to poo; Bennell couldn’t get it together on or off the field; S.Hill is old and injury prone; and due to a lamentable (and also injury prone) forward line, we’ll need Fyfe and a now unavailable Walters filling holes there.
Also you forgot Mundy. 😉

LDU might still become the best player from that draft, but jeez it'd would've been hard to have another injury prone talent on the list these last 3 years.

LDU might still become the best player from that draft, but jeez it'd would've been hard to have another injury prone talent on the list these last 3 years.

Going on early form, I can't see him being better than Cerra. Maybe he gets Brayshaw but Cez is all class.

I'm fine with that. My problem is with blowing our load on one pick, and being left in the position of having to rebuild the rest of the list with chump change.

That's taking us back 10-15 years when we were perennial dreamers simply because we had a handful of good players, surrounded by scheiß.

People might not be fully confident with Apeness/Cox, but we simply don't have the luxury of going HAM on another KPF when we've got trash getting regular games for us in the midfield.

Like it or not, we've made that bed, now we must lay in it. We have no choice but to back Apeness/Cox in.

We've only got so much trade currency. Why would we go all in on another tall, when we can play it safe by drafting some midfield depth AND giving a chance for our talls to come hood? It just defies common sense with risk/reward.
where are you now?

Backline is good, Midfield is ok. Forward line is a shambles

Back