Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? Yes we need a tall marking forward, but people are blind if they don't see how bad our midfield depth is.

This board has a serious KPF fetish, and it's blinding them to how ******* dire our midfield depth is. It's not the ******* 80's. The game is won and lost on the deck but we've got WAFL flogs starting for us in the centre square. The kids looking to replace them will be sub quality fringe players at beat for us.

I'd say we need multiple smalls, more than we need a 200cm forward.
Don't doubt we could always do with more mids but we have desperately needed a 200cm forward for over 10 years, imagine any of Daniher, Buddy, Tex, Lynch, Josh Kennedy in our forward line compared to what we have had and tell me we wouldn't have won a flag by now.

Don't doubt we could always do with more mids but we have desperately needed a 200cm forward for over 10 years, imagine any of Daniher, Buddy, Tex, Lynch, Josh Kennedy in our forward line compared to what we have had and tell me we wouldn't have won a flag by now.
True. But adding one right now won't put as any closer to a flag. We have lost quite a bit of midfield depth over the last few years and we look likely to lose more. We then only traded in and drafted key position players and defenders.

Off the top of my head:
mids lost in the last 2 years:
Barlow
De Boer
Mzungu
C.Pearce
Mora

Coming in over the last 2 years:
Tucker
Balic
Bennell

Likely to go out in the next 2 years:
Balic
Sutcliffe
Sheridan
Suban
D.Pearce
Mundy (could play on, depends on form 2 years from now)

Probably missed a few but the point remains that we need to get some more mids coming in or we will never be serious flag contenders.

Look at it from a list management perspective. We need a dozen quality smalls, and 1 KPF.

Our KPF need is immediate. This isn't a surprise, we've known this for 5 years. Drafting a kid for 3-4 years from now isn't going to fix that problem for you guessed it, another 3-4 years.

I'd hazard a guess that most of you would burn your memberships between now and that point, so needless to say, it's not really an option.

Fix our small brigade and I think you'll find we're not as reliant on a messiah KPF to play Superman week in week out.

It's way too high. McGovern is not worth pick 5. Let's calm down a second, yeh he takes a good grab.. but it's pick 5 ffs! We could land ourselves a super A grade player at that pick.
You still got Adelaide first rd pick though , not actually a pick 5 for Mitch alone. Buying two for the price of one . That pick could be a star or vanilla player.

You still got Adelaide first rd pick though , not actually a pick 5 for Mitch alone. Buying two for the price of one . That pick could be a star or vanilla player.
You don't get too many stars at pick 20 mate. Just more vanilla, which we have enough of already.

Our midfield got obliterated but it was also missing Blakely and Walters. Plus Bennell should eventually be part of the midfield rotation. I'd also consider Langdon an upgrade on D Pearce.

But it's not uncommon to get injuries and oir midfield depth is Suban, D Pearce and Sutty. We need another Blakely developing at Peel.

But Ballas is our only small forward and he is absolutely cooked. We need a small crumbing forward as well.

Hogan would be pretty handy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Fyfe was pick 20. Just saying.

Having said that I agree pick 5 for McCarthy and pick 18 isn't enough. If Adelaide are that keen on pick 5 they should throw something else in.
I know, but the strike rate for a higher pick 5 is a lot better ( I hope we arent giving more picks up for mcarthy!)

I know, but the strike rate for a higher pick 5 is a lot better ( I hope we arent giving more picks up for mcarthy!)
If downgrade I am looking at pick 8-10 plus Mitch . Adelaide first rd is just the start , if they trade lever or Charlie Cameron out a lot of the variable can change eventually .They may have two first rd or higher first round pick than they currently hold .

It's way too high. McGovern is not worth pick 5. Let's calm down a second, yeh he takes a good grab.. but it's pick 5 ffs! We could land ourselves a super A grade player at that pick.

We have landed one "super A grade player" in 23 years with our 1st round picks, regardless, I didn't say straight swap pick for player. Now yes the downgrade for Mitch may still be overs but the chances of getting Jeremy increase that little bit more and that's enough for me!

Here's to hoping Adelaide go out in straight sets!

Our midfield got obliterated but it was also missing Blakely and Walters. Plus Bennell should eventually be part of the midfield rotation. I'd also consider Langdon an upgrade on D Pearce.

But it's not uncommon to get injuries and oir midfield depth is Suban, D Pearce and Sutty. We need another Blakely developing at Peel.

But Ballas is our only small forward and he is absolutely cooked. We need a small crumbing forward as well.

Hogan would be pretty handy too.

Liam Ryan needs to be on Fremantles list come November!

We have landed one "super A grade player" in 23 years with our 1st round picks, regardless, I didn't say straight swap pick for player. Now yes the downgrade for Mitch may still be overs but the chances of getting Jeremy increase that little bit more and that's enough for me!

Here's to hoping Adelaide go out in straight sets!
Our recruiting department is a fair bit better now, and apart from logue, its been a fair while between top 10 drinks!

If pick five gets used at all brining Mitch McGovern to the club then I hope our recruiting team has seen glimpses of him as a Fyfe clone midfielder that will win hard ball at the stoppage and bust out of packs when he isn't taking high marks around the ground.

Well Fyfe did start off as a half forward, goal kicking type!

Back