Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Does make sense. Lloyd says we are pretty happy using #5 to pick one of the top 5 mids in the draft. Nek minut linked with Sam Hayes. I think we should trade out anyone under 200cm and exclusively recruit rucks. Innovation: 22 x 200cm+ players.

Would prefer almost midfielder within the projected top 15 before considering Sam Hayes. Any of projected Top 5 that slips to us (Rayner, LDU, Dow, Cerra, Stephenson), Fogarty, Coffield, Brayshaw, Higgins, Clark I'd prefer before him. Was hoping Andrew Brayshaw continued his excellent form so that'd he's be a lock for us at 5 but unfortunately he's underperformed recently.

Would prefer almost midfielder within the projected top 15 before considering Sam Hayes. Any of projected Top 5 that slips to us (Rayner, LDU, Dow, Cerra, Stephenson), Fogarty, Coffield, Brayshaw, Higgins, Clark I'd prefer before him. Was hoping Andrew Brayshaw continued his excellent form so that'd he's be a lock for us at 5 but unfortunately he's underperformed recently.

add constable and shipley....both ahead of Hayes

I don't think there could be a convincing argument made for drafting Hayes

His forward craft isn't worth drafting him for (at least in the top 40)
The current game doesn't have room for 2 ruckmen
Will be behind Darcy until he's the better ruckman, which could be never
Vic metro boy who won't get games, will be stolen at the nearest available time
If we were going to spend a top draft pick on a ruck we would have done it last year on English
If we were going to draft a ruckman this year it'd be round 4 onwards

It's not even a convincing smoke screen so I doubt Haggers was fed this info by someone at the club for misdirection

Last edited:
How is he rated in the mock drafts ?

I agree it seems a massive stretch at pick #5

I'm still dirty on Jeff White

Generally rated around 9-15. Personally I reckon he is pretty good (he moves well, can mark and kick) with a lot of upside potential and probably a better prospect than Brayshaw, Coffield or Higgins who are flavour of the month on this board, but happy to concede pick 5 is probably too early.

Generally rated around 9-15. Personally I reckon he is pretty good (he moves well, can mark and kick) with a lot of upside potential and probably a better prospect than Brayshaw, Coffield or Higgins who are flavour of the month on this board, but happy to concede pick 5 is probably too early.

Cheers :thumbsu:

Is there a Dustin Martin in the draft ? That what we need. That mid/forward that breaks tackles and has that amazing upper body strength. I would say Higgins seems to be that type but he isn’t that tall hmmmmm. Would love to see a one on one marking contest between all the groups mids,forwards,backs etc to see players who have that amazing core strength to mark and break a tackle
Rayner. That's why I haven't shut up about him since we started talking about the draft :p That and he's from my local

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why reach for players with pick 5
This.

One of the current media rated top 5 will be available (always is after a bolter or two) and I'd expect to take them. Unless of course the bolter is who we take and we do have a track record of that.

Still got my fingers firmly crossed for Stephenson, Rayner or Fogarty. Will be happy enough if we select Brander too (ie I'll back our recruiters to rate him correctly).

If it is one of the mids I would want the least vanilla one. Preferrably one who makes good decisions and can kick well. Think Cerra or Dow but I am guessing really. Neither stood out when I was watching. Constable looked better IMO at the champs. Need something resembling a Mundy replacement.

This.

One of the current media rated top 5 will be available (always is after a bolter or two) and I'd expect to take them. Unless of course the bolter is who we take and we do have a track record of that.

Still got my fingers firmly crossed for Stephenson, Rayner or Fogarty. Will be happy enough if we select Brander too (ie I'll back our recruiters to rate him correctly).

If it is one of the mids I would want the least vanilla one. Preferrably one who makes good decisions and can kick well. Think Cerra or Dow but I am guessing really. Neither stood out when I was watching. Constable looked better IMO at the champs. Need something resembling a Mundy replacement.

Wasn't Blakely our Mundy replacement?

What a silly old campaigner.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he produced articles for conspiracy theory publications.

I actually don't mind Crumpet's fluff on Hayes. Could allow us to do some serious foxing and cause a highly rated mid to slide. Absolutely no way in high heaven we take a chance on an effeminate Ruck/Fwd at pick five. Lloyd has stated we're looking closely at mids, so that's what we'll do.

I actually don't mind Crumpet's fluff on Hayes. Could allow us to do some serious foxing and cause a highly rated mid to slide. Absolutely no way in high heaven we take a chance on an effeminate Ruck/Fwd at pick five. Lloyd has stated we're looking closely at mids, so that's what we'll do.

I pray your correct.

Rayner. That's why I haven't shut up about him since we started talking about the draft :p That and he's from my local
You've probably already told this story before, but how does a Vic lass end up supporting a club with no success that wears purple and plays on the other side of the country? (i'm impressed by the way).

Back