Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We would be mad to not pick up either Rayner or LDU , they both are a cut above the rest .
I hope we don't pick Dow at pick 2 when one of the above is available, I think Dow would still be available at pick 5.

But that’s not fair 5 was already ours and we could have used those picks on Wilson etc instead of next years picks when there is some high end WA boys

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So it's next years crop you have an issue with, easy fix

Whose to say who we lose or trade next year bring in a second rounder, we probably will exchange future picks for a couple.

No stress

Remember Weller was always leaving and getting a pick in the top 2 will 90% guarantee a gun

Mundy is a Melbourne boy, Neale is also. Pav never left and we were complete a basket case on and off field back then. Now we have locker rooms where each player has a wi fi connection, and a wicked water slide. A brand new stadium

What draftee doesn't want to be a part of that

We would be mad to not pick up either Rayner or LDU , they both are a cut above the rest .
I hope we don't pick Dow at pick 2 when one of the above is available, I think Dow would still be available at pick 5.

I loved Rayner's interview - he's just happy to play and seems really relaxed

Mundy is a Melbourne boy, Neale is also. Pav never left and we were complete a basket case on and off field back then. Now we have locker rooms where each player has a wi fi connection, and a wicked water slide. A brand new stadium

Neale is from Kybybolite in regional SA, but your point is well made.

Glenelg’s Darcy Fogarty is this year’s best AFL draft prospect, says list expert Gary Buckenara
Andrew Capel, The Advertiser
October 20, 2017 2:16pm
Subscriber only
CROWEATER Darcy Fogarty has been rated the best player in this year’s AFL draft by list expert Gary Buckenara.

While much of the South Australian draft talk has been centred on next year’s bumper crop of local kids, Buckenara says powerful Glenelg utility Fogarty is the man he would take first at the November 24 player lottery.

This is despite Fogarty having his 2017 season ended prematurely at the start of August following knee surgery.

That setback and the fact the 192cm, 92kg Fogarty, who can play forward, back or in the midfield, struggled to make an impact this year because of ongoing knee soreness was widely believed to have seen his draft stock plummet.

But Buckenara has declared he will be a “star’’.

“Fogarty is a tough, physical and imposing type when up and going,’’ said four-times Hawthorn premiership star and ex-recruiter Buckenara in naming his top-30 prospects for next month’s draft.

“He’s a great mark and a damaging kick and is big enough to play as a leading target in attack.

e6c01e80d368b8f468db9b14c5da8a1a

“I believe he has a huge upside and for a club in need of a future third tall forward or possibly a defender, I’ve got him rated as No. 1 because he’s so flexible in that he can play forward but also play a role down back.

“It’s similar to what (Hawthorn’s) Jack Gunston has done in the second half of this season.

“I don’t think he’ll go No. 1 but I would put him there because I think he’s a class player and will be a star.’’

Fogarty, 18, described his year as “pretty disappointing’’, despite playing four league games for Glenelg before his knee injury became bad enough for him to have surgery to repair a small meniscus tear.

The injury meant he could not test at the AFL draft combine.

“The season didn’t go to plan for me,’’ Fogarty told The Advertiser.

“It has been a pretty disappointing year because I started with a lot of hopes and expectations and people talking about my draft possibilities.

“But I never really got going. I wasn’t as free in my movement as I would have liked to have been but I don’t want to make excuses, so I’ve got to live with that.’’

Fogarty started the season as a leading contender to be the No. 1 pick at this year’s draft and the first Croweater selected first since fellow Tigers product and now Crow Bryce Gibbs joined Carlton in 2006. But he had a poor AFL under-18 championships, averaging just 11 disposals.

Of SA’s two AFL clubs, only Adelaide has a shot at him, albeit an outside one, with its first pick coming at No. 12. Port Adelaide’s first selection is at 46.

“My year could cost me a few (draft) spots but that doesn’t bother me too much, I just want to find an AFL home,’’ said Fogarty, who hails from the southeast town of Lucindale.

Victorian midfielders Cameron Rayner, Luke Davies-Uniake and Paddy Dow are the favourites to be picked in the top three.

Buckenara has chosen four South Australians in his top 30, with Norwood defender Harrison Petty at 23, Crows father-son prospect, Glenelg midfielder Jackson Edwards, at 25, and Sturt ruckman-forward Callum Coleman-Jones at 28.

So it's next years crop you have an issue with, easy fix

Whose to say who we lose or trade next year bring in a second rounder, we probably will exchange future picks for a couple.

No stress

Remember Weller was always leaving and getting a pick in the top 2 will 90% guarantee a gun

What draftee doesn't want to be a part of that
Mundy is from Seymour
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour,_Victoria

Glenelg’s Darcy Fogarty is this year’s best AFL draft prospect, says list expert Gary Buckenara
Andrew Capel, The Advertiser
October 20, 2017 2:16pm
Subscriber only
CROWEATER Darcy Fogarty has been rated the best player in this year’s AFL draft by list expert Gary Buckenara.

While much of the South Australian draft talk has been centred on next year’s bumper crop of local kids, Buckenara says powerful Glenelg utility Fogarty is the man he would take first at the November 24 player lottery.

This is despite Fogarty having his 2017 season ended prematurely at the start of August following knee surgery.

That setback and the fact the 192cm, 92kg Fogarty, who can play forward, back or in the midfield, struggled to make an impact this year because of ongoing knee soreness was widely believed to have seen his draft stock plummet.

But Buckenara has declared he will be a “star’’.

“Fogarty is a tough, physical and imposing type when up and going,’’ said four-times Hawthorn premiership star and ex-recruiter Buckenara in naming his top-30 prospects for next month’s draft.

“He’s a great mark and a damaging kick and is big enough to play as a leading target in attack.

e6c01e80d368b8f468db9b14c5da8a1a

“I believe he has a huge upside and for a club in need of a future third tall forward or possibly a defender, I’ve got him rated as No. 1 because he’s so flexible in that he can play forward but also play a role down back.

“It’s similar to what (Hawthorn’s) Jack Gunston has done in the second half of this season.

“I don’t think he’ll go No. 1 but I would put him there because I think he’s a class player and will be a star.’’

Fogarty, 18, described his year as “pretty disappointing’’, despite playing four league games for Glenelg before his knee injury became bad enough for him to have surgery to repair a small meniscus tear.

The injury meant he could not test at the AFL draft combine.

“The season didn’t go to plan for me,’’ Fogarty told The Advertiser.

“It has been a pretty disappointing year because I started with a lot of hopes and expectations and people talking about my draft possibilities.

“But I never really got going. I wasn’t as free in my movement as I would have liked to have been but I don’t want to make excuses, so I’ve got to live with that.’’

Fogarty started the season as a leading contender to be the No. 1 pick at this year’s draft and the first Croweater selected first since fellow Tigers product and now Crow Bryce Gibbs joined Carlton in 2006. But he had a poor AFL under-18 championships, averaging just 11 disposals.

Of SA’s two AFL clubs, only Adelaide has a shot at him, albeit an outside one, with its first pick coming at No. 12. Port Adelaide’s first selection is at 46.

“My year could cost me a few (draft) spots but that doesn’t bother me too much, I just want to find an AFL home,’’ said Fogarty, who hails from the southeast town of Lucindale.

Victorian midfielders Cameron Rayner, Luke Davies-Uniake and Paddy Dow are the favourites to be picked in the top three.

Buckenara has chosen four South Australians in his top 30, with Norwood defender Harrison Petty at 23, Crows father-son prospect, Glenelg midfielder Jackson Edwards, at 25, and Sturt ruckman-forward Callum Coleman-Jones at 28.
The Fog is rising.

But really I only want him if he has actual midfield capacity, and if it is pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can play midfield and wants to spend more time in the midfield but for some reason Buck refuses to acknowledge that part of him game.
I think we need another big body and I am sure we get it this draft. A few days ago I was probably thinking Starcevich, although have always liked Fogarty. What can work for us is a fleet of players who can role between the midfield and forward.

Back