Resource 2017 AFL Draft Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance the GC bundle up a bunch of their picks for pick 1?
Perhaps something like 21, 22, 24 + 2018 2nd rounder for pick 1? I know people will tell me that the points for pick 1 aren't as much as pick 1,. but the reality of landing 3 picks inside 24 PLUS potentially another early 2nd round pick the following year.. could be worth it for both parties,.
Could mean that Brisbane/Carlton (whoever finishes bottom) ends up a total 4 picks inside 25 over a year period...Instead of a risky pick 1 pick.? Thoughts?

Nope - Pick 2 for Saints Pick 7 + 8 would be close I think.

Getting close to the end of the year now, and still so much potential movement! Looking over on Final Siren's Tower of Power (https://live.squiggle.com.au/#tower), the only thing that is relatively locked in with one round to go is Fremantle in 14th :drunk: Hawthorn and Collingwood seem to have 12th and 13th almost sewn up, the rest of the places below eighth are almost equally likely to go two or three different ways. What a crazy year.

Round 22:
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 9.47.45 pm.png

Getting close to the end of the year now, and still so much potential movement! Looking over on Final Siren's Tower of Power (https://live.squiggle.com.au/#tower), the only thing that is relatively locked in with one round to go is Fremantle in 14th :drunk: Hawthorn and Collingwood seem to have 12th and 13th almost sewn up, the rest of the places below eighth are almost equally likely to go two or three different ways. What a crazy year.

This is a neat resource, just wanted to say thanks.

Love the table, very useful.
But why is there only 17 First round picks?

I know GWS had draft sanctions, but wasn't their 1st round pick already at Richmond for Lids?

Love the table, very useful.
But why is there only 17 First round picks?

I know GWS had draft sanctions, but wasn't their 1st round pick already at Richmond for Lids?

GWS had their's confiscated (simplified version). They gave Geelong's to Richmond.

Sorry guys if you've been looking at the spreadsheet tonight, I've been messing around with it a little to make it work through finals. The top 8 should be in approximately their right positions at the end of each week of finals. As teams dropout they should fall into their correct places automatically as soon as their last lot of results are entered, however I will do this manually on the Sunday night or Monday, so bear with me. Fingers crossed it all works properly the first time :p

I've also made the text bright blue for the picks that are staying put until the trade period.

Round 23:
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.18.32 am.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry guys if you've been looking at the spreadsheet tonight, I've been messing around with it a little to make it work through finals. The top 8 should be in approximately their right positions at the end of each week of finals. As teams dropout they should fall into their correct places automatically as soon as their last lot of results are entered, however I will do this manually on the Sunday night or Monday, so bear with me. Fingers crossed it all works properly the first time :p

I've also made the text bright blue for the picks that are staying put until the trade period.

Round 23:
View attachment 409308
Lore
Just out of interest, is the draft order finalised at the end of the home & away rounds or at the end of the final game?
There seems to be some conjecture with the afl publishing the indicative draft order.
Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Lore
Just out of interest, is the draft order finalised at the end of the home & away rounds or at the end of the final game?
There seems to be some conjecture with the afl publishing the indicative draft order.
Clarification would be greatly appreciated.
After the Grand Final.
Then trade period and father sons/academy player bids potentially changes it again.
That's why it's only indicative at the moment.

Hawthorn is going to be pop corn material this trade period.. what are they to do. They can easily self destruct

Essendon finish 8th. Port Adelaide finish 7th. Their picks won't move any more until the trade period.
Brisbane has Port's first round pick, which will be pick 12 at the beginning of the trade period.
All picks that are where they will be at the start of the trade period are marked in blue font.

Finals Week 1:
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 10.59.29 pm.png

How come the white no points value section begins at pick 128 when picks stop having value at pick 74? Pick 73 is worth nine points, 74 and onwards are worth zero.
No points picks are in italics, not white.

How come the white no points value section begins at pick 128 when picks stop having value at pick 74? Pick 73 is worth nine points, 74 and onwards are worth zero.
No points picks are in italics, not white.
The grey font colour and italics indicates no point value, background colours indicate the first 7 rounds of the draft. After about pick 73 or 74 they become grey font with round 4/5/6/7 background colours, although when compensation picks come in that will change.

The reason that picks in round 8+ are on there (white background) is because I need the columns for when GWS and GC accumulate a heap of picks. Most clubs do not actually use picks after round 7.

freos situation is a bit weird for a rebuild: an early 1st rounder, no 2nd rounder, an early 3rd rounder and 4 early 4th round picks
Where do you get 4 early fourth round picks from? They've got a first, a third, two fourths, a fifth, a sixth and a seventh, etc. Early in each round due to their ladder finishing position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back