2017 AFL Fixture - 18 games in Melb/Tas (13 ES/1 MCG/ 3 Hobart/1 Launceston)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm a bit the same way. It is worked out purely based on point differential, so its not the most in depth analysis of the draw. But you know we are going to get a pummeling in the media because of it. Lose and they will be all over us saying we still cant win even with the easiest draw, win and they will be all over us saying 'yeah, but they had the easiest draw'. Cant win.
Not really we loose and we just become irrelevant

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

At a glance I like it (given the horrid second half of 2016).

I focus on Melbourne home games - 2 Friday, 3 Saturday night, 3 Sunday (2x 1.10pm, 1x 4:40pm). Nice mix of teams.

Teams we play will be easier than 2016, but that's not a major concern. Lots of home games early. I may head o/s in July so I'd only miss one home game... sweet. The away games I could nitpick about, particularly number of Sunday games but I can live with that. Only 4-5 six day breaks. We've had much worse than this fixture.

Just being competitive and our younger guys 'showing up' to games will be enough for me next year. This year has left me flat on a number of levels so next year i want to focus on enjoying individual performances and team efforts rather than expect a top 4 finish (or top 8 for that matter) and another tilt at a flag that ends up looking more like a tilt at windmills :cool:
Not willing to dream the impossible dream?

We have double ups against Freo, Gold Coast, Melbourne, St. Kilda and the Dogs.

The last time we've doubled up against each team:

Adelaide: 2016 (Rounds 1 & 14)
Brisbane: 2015 (Rounds 2 & 17)
Carlton: 2007 (Rounds 8 & 21)
Collingwood: 2013 (Rounds 1 & 23)
Essendon: 2015 (Rounds 7 & 16)
Fremantle: 2015 (Rounds 8 & 21)
Geelong: 2015 (Rounds 4 & 15)
Gold Coast: 2012 (Rounds 5 & 12)
GWS: 2012 (Rounds 2 & 23)
Hawthorn: 2016 (Rounds 13 & 21)
Melbourne: 2014 (Rounds 14 & 23)
Port: 2011 (Rounds 6 & 14)
Richmond: 2015 (Rounds 6 & 23)
St. Kilda: 2016 (Rounds 7 & 19)
Sydney: 2016 (Rounds 10 & 22)
West Coast: 2012 (Rounds 6 & 15)
Western: 2016 (Rounds 6 & 20)

We haven't played Carlton twice in a season since 2007, haven't played Port twice since 2011 and haven't played the Giants twice since 2012. None of these will change in 2017.

CzBzC9hVEAAoTr8.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North’s JLT Community Series
MATCH 1
Sydney Swans Vs North Melbourne
Coffs Harbour International Stadium
Sunday, February 19 at 2.05pm (AEDT)

MATCH 2
North Melbourne Vs Hawthorn
North Melbourne Recreation Reserve - Arden Street
Sunday, February 26 at 2.05pm (AEDT)

MATCH 3
GWS Giants Vs North Melbourne
Manuka Oval, Canberra
Friday, March 10 at 5.50pm (AEDT)

*All matches will be broadcast live on Fox Footy

So, for North fans, we have two interstate trips and one game at Hardon St against a team with 70,000 members plus. The chance to see the team play live is miniscule for the bulk of our own 45,000 members.

I like the opponents though as they'll well and truly show us where we're at heading into the season proper.

That is a seriously good spread of matches across a wonderful array of venues. I'm excited :thumbsu:

Excited for the game at coffs. Will be certainly be making the 2 hour drive south to see the guys in action!

On HTC 2PST1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's worse if that they've been poo for most of that time and we're only about 50% against them
Maybe not playing Carlton twice in a season is a good thing, sometimes North really do play their worst footy against the crappier teams, yet we somehow always lift to the occasion when playing the top teams ... that annoys me and I'm pretty sure that it frustrates a lot of our other supporters too ... Grrr :mad::mad::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back