News 2017 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great Result. Glad to get GWS twice, means less travel.

Scum won't be flash this year so glad to get them twice.

Double ups against Blues and Saints should see 3 wins.

SoBraves round 2 will be good. Hopefully we flog them.

We play WCE with them having a 5 day break over there.

Travel to WA and Adelaide once.

I almost had to change my undies when I saw our draw.

Ill be living in Thailand during next years final series so will enjoy watching the boys in Paradise

Last edited:
Great Result. Glad to get GWS twice, means less travel.

Scum won't be flash this year so glad to get them twice.

Double ups against Blues and Saints should see 3 wins.

Dogs in Sydney round 2 will be good. Hopefully we flog them.

We play WCE with them having a 5 day break over there.

Travel to WA and Adelaide once.

I almost had to change my undies when I saw our draw.

Ill be living in Thailand during next years final series so will enjoy watching the boys in Paradise
Sex tourist detected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty good draw. Lots of Friday nights and I think two Thursday nights. Also we catch WCE off a five day break.

Not bad.

Love the draw. Only thing is, with all these Thursday and Friday games, if we have a s**t year that's a lot of weekends ruined.
With the premiership window still well and truly open I have a feeling we'll get a lot of wins on Thurs/Fri nights to tee up some cracking weekends.

Well fcuk me. thats a fantastic draw! i was waiting with a jar of lube in hand!

Surely compensating for the worst umpiring n GF history.

"Ohh sorry guys, we did tell the umps to go a little bit harder on you, didnt think they'd completely fcuk you over. But dont worry, we'll chuck you a few extra prime time spots next year"

Here's my conspiracy theory for you. They are anticipating the possibility of a Giants Swans Grand Final and want to placate the pissed off Swans fans so we actually turn up.

I am so cynical.

As a regional Victorian based Swan (Ballarat) I am absolutely delighted with the draw in so many ways.
To have the opportunity now to go to 7 games (have no hope of getting into Geelong) in lieu of the 3-4 we have had over the past few years is great. In doing so, the only Victorian teams we don't play in Melbourne are Collingwood (won't have to worry about getting beaten up after we kick their arse) and Essendon (where you have to pre-book a seat before the game).
Being the number one Thursday and Friday night club is so good. The likes of the big Melbourne clubs believing it is their God given RIGHT to play all of these. Collingwood supportors won't even be able to watch their team on TV for half the year as they no longer have 22 games on free to air. I can see Eddie STILL spewing.
As to the teams we actually play, our draw is reasonable. We are always going to play GWS twice (which is no longer great), Bulldogs and Hawthorn twice is quite good as I certainly see Hawthorn as a slider (will not make top 8) and the Dogs are not as significant a hurdle as previous premiers have been.
Only real downside is having to put up with watching the Dogs unfurl their flag in front of us. I really feel that was quite insensitive of the AFL. I wonder how often that has occurred in the past?

and one other down side to next year's fixture is that we don't play the suns in Queensland.
Always looked forward to a week's holiday in Broadbeach.
:(:(

Am I the only one who thinks the draw is pretty tough? One of the defining things each year for a team that is expected to be in premiership contention is where you get drawn to play the other contenders that you only face once. Its far better to play the s**t kicking teams (that you will likely beat anywhere) away, whilst playing the good teams at home.

Obviously the GWS/Hawthorn/Bulldogs double ups will all be tough but we get them once at home and once away.

Of the teams we play only once, we host...
  • Port
  • Collingwood
  • Brisbane
  • Essendon
  • Gold Coast
  • Fremantle
While we are away to...
  • West Coast
  • North
  • Richmond
  • Melbourne
  • Geelong
  • Adelaide
Big, big difference in quality between those two lists.

Not having a whinge, good teams should expect tough draws. I'm just not as enthused about the draw as everyone else seems to be.

From a commercial perspective it's very good. SCG hosts 3 Friday night and 1 Thursday night game, all should go close to selling out. Very happy for Melbourne based supporters as well, you guys will see some cracking games. Disappointed there is no game in Qld as my in-laws live in Brisbane and I normally head up there each year to watch a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back