News 2017 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

One game against the Pies....been a few years since thats happened id reckon.

1991 and before that was 1978 but we met them in the semi final.

2017fix_timeslot.png

2017fix_venue.png

ref: http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2017-AFL-Fixture-Clubs.pdf

I like the fixture. We play heaps at the MCG (inluding our first three games of the season as well as a run of four games in a row from rounds 14-17), and we only have a 6 day break with travel involved 3 times through the season.

Before the bye, it looks like we could win anywhere from 1-7 games lol. Very up in the air right now. Second half of the season looking very tough in comparison.

Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Dogs @MCG Home Games
Geelong, Hawthorn @ Etihad Home Games

Commercially a very bad draw for us. AFL determined to drive us into the ground. Not happy

Commercially a very bad draw for us. AFL determined to drive us into the ground. Not happy
Our home games are:

MCG: Richmond, Essendon, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Bulldogs.
Etihad: Gold Coast, North, GWS, Geelong, Hawthorn.

The only fizzer at the MCG would be against Sydney. For Etihad, it will be poor attendance for Gold Coast and GWS. Other than that, should be healthy crowds so I'm not too sure what the negative is?

AFL is using our additional MCG games to give non victorian clubs MCG matches. Is almost a nil benefit to the clubs finances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our home games are:

MCG: Richmond, Essendon, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Bulldogs.
Etihad: Gold Coast, North, GWS, Geelong, Hawthorn.

The only fizzer at the MCG would be against Sydney. For Etihad, it will be poor attendance for Gold Coast and GWS. Other than that, should be healthy crowds so I'm not too sure what the negative is?
Come on, I know you're excited about your Adelaide game, but the lack of night football and poor stadium selection will cost us dearly. Club will soon announce another statutory loss for this year so let's not be so naive as to stick our heads in the sand. Geelong and Hawthorn at the MCG vs Etihad would mean 20k more bums on seats for each game. Lack of primetime exposure for sponsors is another one that will hurt us. We really need to start climbing the ladder next year or the AFL will continue to take advantage of us

Come on, I know you're excited about your Adelaide game, but the lack of night football and poor stadium selection will cost us dearly. Club will soon announce another statutory loss for this year so let's not be so naive as to stick our heads in the sand. Geelong and Hawthorn at the MCG vs Etihad would mean 20k more bums on seats for each game. Lack of primetime exposure for sponsors is another one that will hurt us. We really need to start climbing the ladder next year or the AFL will continue to take advantage of us

Its a hole the dug club for itself. The Malthouse Era continues to have far ranging consequences.

The AFL always give the better performing clubs better timeslots...it's nothing new.

In fact, given how crap we've been this decade, our draws have typically been pretty good since we were able to ride on the coattails of being one of the 'big 4' clubs.

As soon as we get back into finals, we'll be getting much better timeslots...it was only a few years ago we had like 6 Friday night games.

Tough start first 9 games not easy we'll be lucky to win 3 games and second half not too much easier.
Plenty will depend on how the team develops how quick new players integrate into game plan. Injuries will play a huge part as usual.
Reckon if we able win 5 to 7 games we'd we doing ok.
Go Baggers

Don't patronise me.

Glad we play in Adelaide but **** me - this must be 8 years now since we've played the Crows here? Literally might only be 2 guys left on our list who have done that lmao

Surely the AFL taking the piss, how can a team not play away once in (i think it's 7 years) at the oppositions home ground?? Such an amateur competition.

Best part of the fixture - Glad Carlton is not playing in Tasmania thereby funding Hawthorn's development. Surely this is the lowest point in many low ebbs in Carlton's recent history. It was humiliating. And the Tasmanian govt saying Carlton is no longer a premium club so no extra payment to Hawthorn was required.

People go on about the inequities in the fixture (this is minor compared to other factors). Surely the biggest inequity is Hawthorn getting to be the sole tenant in Launceston, thereby netting themselves over the journey at least $35 million in sponsorship, naming rights etc from the Tasmanian govt. Being given (effectively by the AFL) a $35 million head start is a pretty nice little way to go, and Carlton helping that along (by playing them there last year) only makes it worse.

The AFL needs to dismantle this cosy arrangement they set up asap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back