News 2017 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Dogs @MCG Home Games
Geelong, Hawthorn @ Etihad Home Games

Commercially a very bad draw for us. AFL determined to drive us into the ground. Not happy
We can only hope the AFL's buyout of the stadium means much better commercial returns from our games there, and the higher attendances from Geelong and Hawthorn actually works in our favour.

We had a a couple of rounds of redundancies at work in the last 12 months which is obviously tough on the people involved , but a silver lining is I picked up SA and Vic as new territory.

Time to schedule the interstate trips. Yip yip!!

oooh to go to Adelaide and risk death OR to sit at home on the couch? Decisions, decisions.
Harsh but probably true about the death bit.
If you drove, at very least your car would be altered significantly by some of Adelaide's finest.
Stay home MEB and enjoy it while we paste them on their home dung hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time a wooden spooner/Convicted Drug Cheats were rewarded with MORE prime time free to air televised games?

:rolleyes:
AFL obviously factoring in a big move up the ladder for the cheats after getting all their players back.

I really can't see them improving too much tbh, not with so many players missing a whole season.

Maybe the AFL just wants to help them out for being so "brave".

AFL obviously factoring in a big move up the ladder for the cheats after getting all their players back.

I really can't see them improving too much tbh, not with so many players missing a whole season.

Maybe the AFL just wants to help them out for being so "brave".
They factor in the cheats going up but then treat them as a bottom 6 side making us play them twice. So looking at the teams we play twice Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon, Gold Coast, Sydney Swans.

Richmond should go up with Caddy and Prestia fit... Essendon will go up.. Gold Coast if players stay fit will go up.. Sydney and Melbourne should be top 8.

Whereas * get to play these teams twice: Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle. Of which only Adelaide is a top 8 contender.

Lets drug up some players this season so we can get some Friday night games and garner sympathy from the AFL... (yeah right)...

Best part of the fixture - Glad Carlton is not playing in Tasmania thereby funding Hawthorn's development. Surely this is the lowest point in many low ebbs in Carlton's recent history. It was humiliating. And the Tasmanian govt saying Carlton is no longer a premium club so no extra payment to Hawthorn was required.

People go on about the inequities in the fixture (this is minor compared to other factors). Surely the biggest inequity is Hawthorn getting to be the sole tenant in Launceston, thereby netting themselves over the journey at least $35 million in sponsorship, naming rights etc from the Tasmanian govt. Being given (effectively by the AFL) a $35 million head start is a pretty nice little way to go, and Carlton helping that along (by playing them there last year) only makes it worse.

The AFL needs to dismantle this cosy arrangement they set up asap.

I enjoyed the tassie trip this year, lots of golf, beer and a close football game.

Only s**t thing about it was lining up in 50 metre q's to get a beer or have a piss at the ground. Most woefully inadequate facilities I've ever seen at a ground

Can't get a much easier draw up to Round 14, only play 2 top 8 teams ( not including North M as there not a top 8 team anymore )

Almost mirrors my thoughts as well.
A good start and we can really look to beat this years membership total.

Tough start first 9 games not easy we'll be lucky to win 3 games and second half not too much easier.
Plenty will depend on how the team develops how quick new players integrate into game plan. Injuries will play a huge part as usual.
Reckon if we able win 5 to 7 games we'd we doing ok.
Go Baggers

That's basically the byproduct of being one of the bottom teams...

In fact we have quite an 'easy' first month or 2 considering what it could have been.

Almost mirrors my thoughts as well.
A good start and we can really look to beat this years membership total.

I'd much rather have an easier start and difficult finish like we do, than the other way around.

Let's face it, we're unlikely to play finals so finishing with WCE, Sydney & Hawthorn doesn't really matter.

Allows our young players, coaches and fans to hopefully build some confidence early in the season which could set us up for a semi-decent year.

Having 3 tough games in a row at the end kind of sucks, but with only 3 weeks to go, hopefully the guys can give 100% effort and put on a good show knowing the finish line of the season is in sight...it would be tougher if they were rounds 16-18 for example.

(although there's every chance that they might have 'packed it in' by that stage and we get walloped - like this year losing to Essendon and Brisbane :/)

Only one game against the filth? WTF??
How the mighty have fallen...

There was a time when these two clubs were so powerful, the AFL/VFL would've scheduled them to play each other four times in a season if it were possible. It was once the biggest home and away game on the calendar....

It's a bit sad for both clubs really...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back