2017 AFL Grand Final entertainment , The Killers ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Killers are just another silverchair or kings of leon. Get a band with some songs that aren't all the same. Maybe like King Crimson.

Mike Patton from the band Phantom Ass invented that whole scream into a cup instead of a microphone thing. Just get Patton instead he is a lot better.

Amusing to think what Patton would do at a GF gig. I would find it funny, the crowd wouldn't.

Amusing to think what Patton would do at a GF gig. I would find it funny, the crowd wouldn't.

Haha I reckon Faith No More could go alright to be honest!

Fantomas or Mr Bungle might be a bit out there...

I said earlier in the thread that The Killers were a good get, anyone that's seen them play live before know how good they are and they delivered today.

The Oils cover was a stroke of genius.

After so many blunders, especially under Vlad who wanted to relive his youth from the 70s with the likes of Meatloaf the AFL finally got it right this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlight of the day for mine.

Everyone was complaining about how The Killers didn't care about the AFL GF or Australia in general and then they rolled out a Midnight Oil cover.

Massive blindside.

Respect.

Absolutely love the video of Riewoldt smashed (with emotion or a few drinks you be the judge) singing Mr. Brightside

I thought they were great. I mean their best is a fair way behind them now and Brandon certainly wears his heart on his sleeve but I find that endearing.

I find a lot of well made 'indie' music these days - for want of a better term - fits easily and pleasantly in to the background to the point of being too washed out. Like being at party and talking to a girl you're really keen on but you're afraid to really go for it for fear of rejection. It's good to see them still striving to make those anthemic songs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back