2017 AFL Grand Final entertainment , The Killers ?

Remove this Banner Ad

They were ideally suited for the occasion, perfect pick by the AFL relative to some recent misfires. Tom Jones dominated, but the Killers have been the most all-round successful option to date since the notorious meatloaf debacle.

I missed all of it, but that Oils clip just then was pretty good!

Hard to think who else would be a good show. Foo Fighters would do well. Fairly mainstream, and anyone who has seen them live knows that they put on an awesome show. Either them or Rammstein with the full pyro show.

I missed all of it, but that Oils clip just then was pretty good!

Hard to think who else would be a good show. Foo Fighters would do well. Fairly mainstream, and anyone who has seen them live knows that they put on an awesome show. Either them or Rammstein with the full pyro show.

Foo Fighters probably out of the price range, but would be good. Rammstein have no chance of playing.

Foo Fighters playing would be ******* amazing, I know the cost thing could be tricky, but make it happen.

About to watch myself.
I was on a train to the G when it was on but heard Forgotten Years on MMM for a bit which was good from what I heard.
For a brief moment thought it was Midnight Oil it was so well done.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's because I was growing up in my teenage years when Mr Brightside came out but that song is the one song that gets the whole party up on the dance floor singing it word for word. Having the Killers playing live after the biggest sporting day of your life would be ******* awesome. Jack would have had an absolute ball up there!! Great entertainment. Best for a long time.

Never been a fan but a good fit.

Next years suggestions:
Tame Impala
Silverchair (reunion gig)
Sam Smith

Sam Smith? We want to entertain the crowd, not make them fall asleep.. Talented singer, but boring as hell and not suited to a grand final.

The Killers were excellent today, even a couple of their songs I am not a fan of (somebody told me, human) i loved

The Killers are fine but do they even know or care about AFL other than getting a pay check. This applies to any non-Australian band/performer.

It bothers me that someone like Eskimo Joe can't be selected. Promote Australian singers or songwriters please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back