2017 AFL Grand Final entertainment , The Killers ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Killers were good, but I would still prefer pre-match to be:
Under-18 Division 2 Final (e.g. NSW v Tas - not the academy teams)
Under-18 Division 1 Final (e.g. Vic Country v SA)
Parade retiring players + mens and womens state league premiers
Anthem (if really necessary)
AFL Grand Final

and then have a band or two for the post-match event

On a wet day that would rip up the ground.

Mike Brady
National Anthem
Football

That is all we need on Grand Final day.

Anything more is an admission that our game is boring.

On a wet day that would rip up the ground.

Mike Brady
National Anthem
Football

That is all we need on Grand Final day.

Anything more is an admission that our game is boring.
Legitimate concern. I'm not sure it holds true in the modern day with better maintenance, no pitch square, and under-18s are generally lighter bodies that churn the ground less. But, yeah, the AFL would want to be sure the ground would hold up.

Legitimate concern. I'm not sure it holds true in the modern day with better maintenance, no pitch square, and under-18s are generally lighter bodies that churn the ground less. But, yeah, the AFL would want to be sure the ground would hold up.
It would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raise you, Back on the Borderline, Cold Cold Change, Bus to Bondi, No Reaction, Stand in Line!!!!
cracking collection of songs! but “Is is now” and “Naked flame” are b grade tunes. little bit too much late 70’s fluff with some of those production choices.

I maintain that “Dont wanna be the one”, “Lucky country”, “If Ned Kelly was king”, “Basement flat”, “Brave faces”, “Armistice day”, “Someone else to blame” and the almighty “Quinella”... their best collection of songs :)

I prefer the old fashioned pre-GF entertainment - ie football matches (as in reserves and under 19s).

Having said that, if you want musical entertainment, then it becomes a completely subjective argument that will never make everyone happy.

Eg - as an older person, I could suggest two acts which would absolutely kill the AFL GF entertainment, yet which have been going nearly 100 years between them - Chicago and the Doobie Brothers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back