Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final

Discussion in 'Carlton' started by Aphrodite, Sep 24, 2017.

Put it out there
?

Who will you be barracking for on Grand Final day?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2017.
  1. Adelaide

77 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Punt Rd Ferals

18 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Neither

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Won't be watching

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Couldn't care less

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. BlueGum

BlueGum CFC

Carlton
    Other teams:
    It's no hokey pokey

F the Rest and ESKIE like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Wickzki

Wickzki Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    PDX Blazers, Angels, Patriots, MCFC
    Two football clubs, two blocks away, two premierships in two days.

Cam and Dusty do the triple in the same year.

Edit: Scratch that. BILLY gets the Clive Churchill

GO THE STORM!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Doro, thylacine60, Jabba73 and 3 others like this.
  3. Wickzki

Carlton
    Other teams:
    IF anyone saw Cooper's (Cowboys captain) speech. Compare it to Taylor Walker's.

That's what makes Walker a pissweak captain and Cooper a champ.

BIGGUS 64, Stormzy, happydude and 7 others like this.
  4. Jabba73

Jabba73 Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Vixens
    Some sanity restored to the weekend, well done Storm.

Can we please borrow your tackling coach for the off season? Relentless

Wickzki, Doro, Funk and 1 other person like this.
  5. Stig O'Hara

Stig O'Hara Hall of Famer

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Carlton
    Like how they get a happy snap of the team sitting with the cup.

Has that happened before?

Wickzki and Jabba73 like this.
  6. Funk

Funk Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Hopefully in a few years time we will be "the killers"!!!!!

7. slashin_velvet

slashin_velvet Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
    We're trading for Jack reiwoldt?

Funk likes this.
  8. Funk

Funk Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    The only "step forward" he took all day??

Wickzki and ESKIE like this.
  9. Funk

Funk Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    If/when we win our next flag you sit around waiting for all journalists who are EFC/Tiger/Pie supporting flogs to congratulate us?

You'll be terribly disappointed!!!

BIGGUS 64 likes this.
  10. JamisonRun40

JamisonRun40 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    First time I have logged on this weekend. Watched the final with my dad and a couple of friends. Thought it was a great final.

Tigers a bit slow to get going but once they did, WOWEE they took their game to another level. Well done to them and all of their supporters. I have a Tiger supporter friend and she was actually their. A friend got her a ticket and her mother paid for half of her airfare I'm really happy for her that she got to experience her teams win.

I haven't read any of the posts so that will be an interesting read. Well done to the crowd yesterday, it looked and sounded awesome on tv. Loved the Killers. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch any of the celebrations as I had to drive my dad back to his residential facility plus entertain a non footy friend. I still think the doggies win last year was better.

Thought everyone of the Tigers contributed even Grigg, who was great against Jacobs. More thoughts later.

Sharks On A Plane likes this.
  11. PP34

PP34 Finals MVP

Carlton
    Other teams:
    For the supporters on here who were old enough to have celebrated 1995 and other flags, what were the scenes like in Carlton? Anything like last nights?

Seeing footage of Richmond last night made me pretty envious. I'm assuming Richmond celebrations were so big because of the close ties the club still has to the suburb and establishments in the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. PrinceCharles

PrinceCharles Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Look forward to it.

13. JamisonRun40

Carlton
    Other teams:
    The Tigers supporters have any right to be really proud and unbearable of their club and we would be no different if it was us winning yesterday. Good luck to them as the doggies will atest, 12 months is a long time in football.

14. JamisonRun40

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Why are Grigg and Reiwodlt lowlifes? I'm kind of glad I wasn't on here yesterday.

Wickzki likes this.
  15. ajb72

ajb72 Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Grigg played an important role. Ran Jacobs ragged who was dominating early. In the end Nankervis was jumping over Jacobs. Credit to grigg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESKIE likes this.
  16. Doro

Doro Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Wensleydale Wanderers
    95 wasn't that mad, felt more like a healing of previous disappointment. It was a loooonnng time waiting for the Tigers. Hope you younguns experience it sometime soon.

PP34 likes this.
  17. PrinceCharles

PrinceCharles Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Worth the wait, thank you.

18. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Moderator

Carlton
    Other teams:
    "Goddess"
    Who said they were JR.

19. gab213

gab213 All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Coburg VFL

I remember going into Lygon Street that night and no, it was nothing even close.

Mind you, we weren't coming off 37 years of disappointment.

I think it was more relief that we hadn't capitulated in the finals series after the season we had, unlike in '94.

It may be interesting to ask those with clear memories of '68 what celebrations were like as we were coming off a long period without success then. I was a little too young to remember that one, all I remember is watching the replay.

Would expect the celebrations after our next premiership to be something very different.

20. Wickzki

Carlton
    Other teams:
    The problem with Adelaide is that they're a very good ordinary football team. They don't have the star power to turn their game up another notch. Richmond had guys who are on that level like Cotchin and Martin. The best Adelaide players are on about the same level as Richmond's second tier players. They proved it on the weekend. Personally, as good as Bryce is, I don't think he changes that one iota.

F the Rest and ESKIE like this.
  21. Broadside

Broadside Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I think Eddie was just starved of opportunities, how often was the ball brought to ground in the Adelaide forward line after quarter time? He would have got frost bite if it was a cold day. They should have put him in the midfield to get a few touches.

Hats off to Nick Vlastuin, he made a couple of shocking clangers in the first quarter and I thought this game is going to get ugly for Richmond, but he put it behind him and got better and better as the game went on. Ended as one of their very best players.

iluvparis and Blue Pulse like this.
  22. Faz 2000

Faz 2000 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    I went to the game. Was actually pretty ambivalent about who won, given neither had won it for a while and I thought they were the two best teams this year. Hoped for a better game, but the Tigs did not let the Cows get anything going. Tigers' finals series was just unbelievable. They buzz-sawed through the rest of the top 4. Impressive stuff, well-deserved win.

Just like the prelim crowd vs GWS was a one-off (never again can you get such a large, lop-sided crowd), never again will you see the pandemonium all around Richmond and the G. Big fan base, success starved, home ground right next door... good stuff. Good for footy! No idea what the Tigers will do from here, given their identity has been the downtrodden also-rans for so long! They won't know what to do with themselves! They're the greyhound that catches the rabbit.

ESKIE and PrinceCharles like this.
  23. Stormzy

Stormzy Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Chicago Bulls, Manchester City FC
    It was difficult to be not swept up in the emotion that was Richmond's grand final win Saturday, the amount of turmoil, bad decisions and the club being almost on the brink of death almost going the way of Fitzroy all seemed to go away once Richmond iced it in the 4th quarter.

The celebrations on Swan Street and Punt Road just showed how long the Tigers fans have been waiting for the moment they'd finally taste success, this and the Bulldogs winning last year really makes me feel optimistic for the future of Carlton, and with the rebuilding phase in full swing it makes me very excited for the years to come.

I'm 23 so never seen this club win the big one but gee it'll mean the world to see this club back on top again like it was back in my old mans days when they were winning flags left right and center. Here's hoping lads :p

24. Blue Pulse

Blue Pulse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Denver Broncos
    The Tigs have played very consistent footy throughout the year and shouldn't be compared to the Bulldogs win as the Dogs made the 8 and then played a month of good football to win the GF. The tigs have probably been the most consistent side all year, they finished 2 points below the top two and played one poor game against St Kilda. We struggled to get close to them when we played them, whereas we troubled Adelaide, beat GWS and Geelong are just flat track bullies.
    The talk of a tall v short forward line and talent v workhorses accounts for nothing if you don't bring on field pressure to the big stage. Adelaide brought nothing, they were out tackled, out contested, out classed and no one wanted to do the hard yards to get them back into the game. Their so called talented forward line was as soft as butter in the Simpson desert.
    AND Josh Jenkins has a big mouth, your premiership medallion is as nice as Danger's, you d***

F the Rest likes this.
  25. AB_Blue

AB_Blue Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Chelsea FC
    Jenkins played the game in his head and lost during the anthem

Was borderline hyperventilating