Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final

Discussion in 'Carlton' started by Aphrodite, Sep 24, 2017.

Put it out there
?

Who will you be barracking for on Grand Final day?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2017.
  1. Adelaide

77 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Punt Rd Ferals

18 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Neither

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Won't be watching

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Couldn't care less

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Andonis1997

Andonis1997 Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Crows, Panionios, Sturt
    Well, he's got another few more years to keep the Crows at a disadvantage.. Why the hell would he run his mouth during the finals series, when he is arguably the shittest player in the AFL. Pathetic footballer.

NOW, I don't want to blame the umpires, because Crows were woeful after quarter time, but in that second quarter, all the 50/50 decisions by the umpires went the Tigers' way. Eddie had his arm pulled off and got nothing, Dusty kept pushing players in the face and Lynch got hit after he marked, which should have been a 50 metre penalty. It was obvious what was happening, and nothing can be done to stop it. How can you challenge the V.. AFL on this? You can't.
    You don't put 3 Victorian umpires in the Grand Final involving one Victorian team.

Carlton better get the same treatment as Bulldogs and Richmond, otherwise I'm rioting. Or are salary cap breaches enough to warrant us getting the rough end of the stick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Blue Pulse

Blue Pulse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Denver Broncos
    If you're good enough, you will still find a way to win. Agree, there were some very ordinary calls made, but Adelaide didn't fire a shot in the second half.
    2013 prelim against the Tiges, they got some soft 50m penalties which resulted in goals and we were down at half time, the effort and pressure we put in after half time was the difference, not the umpires.

slashin_velvet likes this.
  3. PrinceCharles

PrinceCharles Senior List

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Can I borrow some tin foil?

ajb72 and Sharks On A Plane like this.
  4. JamisonRun40

JamisonRun40 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    A poster Aph, I can't remember which one but it wasn't one of the regulars.

5. Faz 2000

Faz 2000 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    No conspiracy. I think the Tiges probably got the best of the umpiring, but it didn't make a difference. They killed them.

Josh Jenkins looked like he was in tears when Rance was at his shoulder. He was thinking "but... but... how will I get the ball? How will I get my shots at goal?"

Andonis1997 likes this.
  6. Stig O'Hara

Stig O'Hara Hall of Famer

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Carlton
    Whooda thunk the icing would be a guy in his fifth game??

Jack Graham must think footy is an ok caper.

7. Jeremias

Jeremias Moderator

Carlton
    Other teams:
    MUFC, LAL, PSG
    Called it a month ago.

thylacine60, LanceRomance and ESKIE like this.
  8. Broadside

Broadside Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    this was certainly a sliding door moment, was a terrible Advantage call for Adelaide. I certainly think Richmond was favoured by the umpiring but instead of working even harder, the Crows took their bat and ball and went home.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...chmond-win-over-adelaide-20170930-gyru7n.html

FIRST QUARTER, 16 min: Richmond break through

Richmond kicked their first through Josh Caddy. It was much needed and a little fortuitous after Adelaide choose to take the advantage on the wing. The umpire arguably shouldn't have paid it and brought the free kick back to Taylor Walker instead. Had Tex got the ball, Adelaide looked on for a goal and the score would have been 19-3. Instead, the ball went Richmond's way and Caddy scored to make it 13-9. Adelaide are known for their fast starts and they had controlled most of the play in the game's early stages. This major was important, especially after Jack Riewoldt missed a couple of gettable shots.

Andonis1997 and Wickzki like this.
  9. Andonis1997

Andonis1997 Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Crows, Panionios, Sturt
    No doubt, and as I said, Adelaide stopped after the first quarter so it was their own fault. They should have willed themselves on.
    Ah yes! I remember that now!! You're right, we changed it up ourselves. Made sure those 'gimme's couldn't affect us.
    I don't have any, but I hear Sydney are still providing some, so try them :)

Blue Pulse likes this.
  10. prisoner777

prisoner777 Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Blues need to continue getting our recruitment picks and trade decisions right!! If we're honest about the last 5-7 seasons we've traded players we probably shouldn't have (Betts, Jacobs for example). What does it say about the Carlton club culture that they do so well in their new clubs? Trading Gibbs??? Not sure how this would work out.

11. Gethelred

Gethelred Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I don't see that at all.

Imagine a Bryce not playing a lone hand, as he's had to do for a while now. Imagine him in a midfield where he gets the ball fed to him by the Crouch bros and Sloane, where he can rest forward if he wants. Imagine him being able to find the level he found earlier this year more often, due to not carrying the side every single week; what was it, four goals, forty possessions, ten tackles?

Now, imagine him doing it in a final.

The biggest fallacy about Bryce is that he's never done it in a final. Bullshit. People remember Judd against Richmond in 2013, but forget that it was Bryce too driving that comeback, playing inside and handing the ball out just as Juddy did. He almost was enough alone, in 2011, in Perth, as injured as we were. The good news? He's an even better player now than he was then.

Now, imagine Bryce hanging round for a few years, and saving these matches for when we make the finals.

I'm neither here nor there about trading him; I recognise the value in doing so, whilst he commands potentially more currency. But he'd radically improve that Adelaide side, and if they don't see it that isn't our fault.

HalloweenJack likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. prisoner777

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Great points!!.....will we ever get to see him perform in a Blues final?

13. prisoner777

Carlton
    Other teams:
    First of all congratulations to the Tigers!! The last two GF's have been won a wave of emotion and the teams beaten rated as technically superior to the winning side. Is this a trend?

14. mmhau

mmhau Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    With Richmond now winning the grand final. I am wanting Carlton to rise sooner rather than later.

Jabba73, thylacine60 and SurreyBlue like this.
  15. MEB_

MEB_ Mumma Mebbie

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Yarra Pigeons, K-Flat Roos, Rebels
  16. thylacine60

thylacine60 TheBrownDog

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Insert Token EPL Club
    pathetic

Neese and Andonis1997 like this.
  17. Blues177

Blues177 All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    1995 was nothing like Swan St at Tigerland on Sat night.

The main highlight in '95 was Carlton supporters driving down Lygon St in their vehicles with blues scarfs hanging out and tooting their horns.

18. Robbo's my hero

Robbo's my hero Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Sunderland
    The big celebration was always at Princes Park. The Social Club was opened to everyone. The playing area would be packed with people. The place would be rocking waiting for the players to arrive. In '72 Percy Jones hung over the front of the Social Club with the Premiership Cup and let us touch it. '72 still my happiest memory. We finally best those ******s from Punt Rd. Smug pricks like Sheedy and Bartlett were comatose with shock.

19. thylacine60

thylacine60 TheBrownDog

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Insert Token EPL Club
    We rightfully cringe at Grigg's success but hopefully * feel even worse over the bloke who should have won the NS.

20. iluvparis

iluvparis Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Calgary Flames, Man Utd
    Might be a touch old fashioned but couldn't bring my self to cheer for the Tigers. Have to say the Crows performance had all the hallmarks of our loss in 1993 when we just didn't fire a shot - although they were in the game on the scoreboard for a lot longer than us. Would be a long off-season to have to sit through as a Crows fan.

21. DJMacca

DJMacca All Australian

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I haven't logged on to facebook for a few days knowing all I would see was yellow and black shit from friends and such...just logged on before and it's still there.
    I'm 100 percent over it now :(

happydude likes this.
  22. mmhau

mmhau Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    I hate Richmond so much!! I think even more than Collingwood. Mm Not just yet

Andonis1997 likes this.
  23. tugga

tugga Brownlow Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Quality thread.
    As usual some really good stuff from some of the long timers and the good old fashioned Richmond-Carlton hatred really shone through, but then a begrudging respect shone through towards the end.
    I honestly feel the baggers have a good coach and the right bookends. Just need a bit of polish in the midfield and it will go north fairly quickly.
    As a very long suffering yellow & black supporter, I can tell you it was the most magical day of my life.
    I finally learnt the spirit that is footy. I would never, ever begrudge any good footy fan feeling what I felt (and still feel) on Saturday. Well maybe Essendon supporters, but that's another story. I do hope you all get to feel what we felt on the weekend soon.
    Anyway, see you in round 1 when we unfurl our premiership flag.
    You may even beat us, but frankly, right now, I don't give a damn.
    Yours in footy - Tug

KnobHead, TD2010, Blue Pulse and 16 others like this.
  24. iluvparis

iluvparis Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Calgary Flames, Man Utd
    You had me at 'well maybe Essendon supporters' friend :hearts:

25. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Moderator

Carlton
    Other teams:
    "Goddess"

Enjoy it tugga :trophy:

Now back to hating you. :p

iluvparis, thylacine60 and tugga like this.