Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Dow, LDU & Rayner are taken. Who do you select at pick 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine in three years our midfield will include:
Kelly
Cunnington
Higgins
LDU
Simpkin
Ahern
McDonald
Maybe Next year’s first pick
Taryn Thomas
A couple of father/ sons

Deadly!

I'll start including Kelly once we actually land him. Higgins will be 32 in 3 years time and probably done or on a serious decline. Ahern is a wildcard at this point.

We were probably trying to spook Freo into picking him but they mustn't have been keen. Then we really liked Brayshaw and lo and behold...LDU.
Judging by Ross' reaction, we pulled one over on Freo. First, North's public interest in Brayshaw and two, Freo thinking that we go after Cerra instead of LDU.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Raging monster ballpig prototype (LDU)
Lateral god (Ahern)
Fleet of foot dangerous flanker, allows shuffling of other players in that role (Walker)
Horrific murderer (Hayden)
Project beanpole BFNAAK (Xerri)
Gibson replacement (Hartung)

Giddy up

Joyce Man of the Year

Imagine in three years our midfield will include:
Kelly
Cunnington
Higgins
LDU
Simpkin
Ahern
McDonald
Maybe Next year’s first pick
Taryn Thomas
A couple of father/ sons

Deadly!

I reckon dumont could be trade bait next period.
We’re gonna need another 2nd rounder at least in next year’s draft in order to get the points to bid on Thomas I reckon.
Key focus on next year needs to be retaining our first rounder and still getting Thomas at the club.
We have an extra 3rd rounder - won’t be enough imo.
If we traded dumont - only retirements I see are Thompson and waite.
If we manoeuvre well over the next 12 months we’ll have a stable list for 5 years with min turnover imo

I feel we did really well this draft and it makes me excited for next year to watch our kids develop. Hartung is a great pick, fits our age profile PLUS is quick and has a tank. Disposal is the knock on him, and we arent exactly brilliant there anyway, but i truly believe he adds somethiing to our side. And at pick 70 odd good pick imo

http://www.footyology.com.au/bede-briscomb-rates-your-clubs-afl-draft-performance/

4. NORTH MELBOURNE: LUKE DAVIES-UNIACKE, midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays
Forget about Jack Higgins, this is the steal of the draft. Mark my words, Davies-Uniacke is a future All-Australian captain and Brownlow medallist. Not enough hyperbole for you? Try this. I would rather Davies-Uniacke at his age and contract than a Dustin Martin or Josh Kelly clogging up my list for a decade.
Value: A+ Team fit: A

23. NORTH MELBOURNE: WILL WALKER, midfielder, Sandringham Dragons
A reach but he should still improve their midfield depth.
Value: C Team fit: B

In: Raging monster ballpig prototype (LDU)
Lateral god (Ahern)
Fleet of foot dangerous flanker, allows shuffling of other players in that role (Walker)
Horrific murderer (Hayden)
Project beanpole BFNAAK (Xerri)
Gibson replacement (Hartung)

Giddy up

Joyce Man of the Year
I'm nominating Joyce for national living treasure.....

Draft night summed up for me.
Brisbane always gonna take Rayner.
Freo taking Brayshaw bit of a surprise but family genuinely happy as he beat his brother and also happy he went so high.
Dow going Carlton was more yay staying in Vic but family was like, Geez Carlton?! really??
Cerra looked shattered to be leaving Victoria. Sister gave him a nervous look and his mrs sat there thinking its all over for me. Old man could not be more annoyed at losing his boy to Perth. They probably hate us.

LDU more relief at not having to go to Perth or Brisbane. In fact outside of Rayney was the happiest I would have thought.

Back