Review 2017 AFL National Draft - Friday 24th November

Dow, LDU & Rayner are taken. Who do you select at pick 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH MELBOURNE

The Kangaroos rebuild continues, with most of their outs this season being veterans like Lachie Hanson, Sam Gibson, Lindsay Thomas and Andrew Swallow. Aaron Mullett was arguably unlucky to be delisted, but was able to find a new home at Carlton. But the drafting of delisted Hawk Billy Hartung is a smart move by the Roos, who desperately needed someone to run and carry the ball between the 50m arcs. Luke Davies-Uniacke, a big-bodied midfielder in the Josh Kennedy mould that also possesses explosiveness from stoppages, could’ve gone No. 1, so to pick him up three draft selections later was an excellent result for the Kangas.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...n/news-story/fe5efbb6d4e243694216bea50a3dcc96

3 years down the track and Cerra, Brayshaw, Hunter Clark, Davies - Uniake, Hayden and Bonar are all emerging now, whilst the speedy flash in the pan Stephenson is now being questioned.

Dow & Will Walker have been out with injury.

I hope folks learn that a little bit of patience is required sometimes, and those that are too quick to judge can look ignorant down the track.

3 years people. Unless they are quick when drafted, you have to give them at least 3 years.

Last edited:
3 years down the track and Cerra, Brayshaw, Hunter Clark, Davies - Uniake, Hayden and Bonar are all emerging now, whilst the speedy flash in the pan Stephenson is now being questioned.

Dow & Will Walker have been out with injury.

I hope folks learn that a little bit of patience is required sometimes, and those that are too quick to judge can look ignorant down the track.

3 years people. Unless they are quick when drafted, you have to give them at least 3 years.

I'm pretty confident LDU will be the best player to come from that draft.......just saying.

I'm pretty confident LDU will be the best player to come from that draft.......just saying.
I've always had a feeling, well since that draft anyway, that LDU and Hayden might be the best two players from it.

I had no idea who he was, we drafted him and I checked his history out and thought hmmmm.

It would be hilarious if Bonar, Hayden, Walker and LDU all ended up 150 - 250 game multiple premiership players for us.

Yeah wont enjoy watching him play for them. Still think he'll finish up being the best player in the draft but rapt with LDU nonetheless.

:thumbsu:

Wow LDU. Geez looks a big unit. I guess Freo knew Brayshaw would stay in WA with family connections and they got Cerra pick 5 so they've done well.
Stephenson looked filthy heading to pies lol

:D

Stephenson looks underwhelmed going to the pies

:D

Apologies if this has been covered, ( I haven’t kept up with the thread) but Shifter Sheehan on Sen today reckons Stephenson is the best player in the draft. Interesting

:thumbsu:

Well it's seems then it's Cerra or dow. I'm not complaining with either but I really feel Stephenson will make whichever club that picks him up very happy.

;)

Stephenson was, 1st preference is North. Cerra would like to be picked up by North.

;)

Just listening to SEN & Shifter Sheehan. Reckons Stephenson best of the lot. Man knows his juiniors.

💦:eggplant:

If Stephenson gets to our second pick, I may well drown in a jizznami.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a selective bump there Tef, you then said Jaidyn was a flash in the pan?

I was licking cane toads around that time. Disregard. :D

Nah, actually it was more of a response to people who were voicing the opinion that we should have taken Stephenson ahead of LDU.

For the record, I still believe that Luke will end up the better player.

I was also pointing out how extremely quick or fit draftees are much more prominent earlier in their careers.

Back