2017 AFL Pre-season/Rookie Drafts 5pm, (AEDST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the PSD 1 year or 2?
Been a while since I read up on the PSD given we haven't used a pick for years, but my vague memory is the player can nominate terms (often done in conjunction with a club).

Really think we should be happy with this draft/rookie period. We addressed some areas quite well. Obviously a key forward to develop would have been nice but there weren’t any decent ones to choose from anyway. Hoping we can look back at this draft and say you beauty we nailed all of these picks (besides Oxley he can GAGF.)

Remember folks most drafted rookies end up on the proverbial heap end of next season

Pretty happy with Appleby, seems like a useful type to have around and a good shot to make it to the senior list.

Mihocek is a little meh to me. Saw a little of him in the VFL, was the definition of one paced and at 24 doesn't leave a lot of room to develop. Would have preferred a project like Butts.

Oxley should have been paid out and off the list.

Would have preferred Sam Collins to Mihocek.

There's no way Moore plays major minutes in the backline now. Moore, Reid and Cox are genuinely are only KPF. Reid probably plays in the backline if we are gonna fit in Moore, Cox and Grundy.

It's gonna be a very-makeshift forward line if we happen to get any injuries to KPF's. Fingers crossed, and pray for Lynch.

Pretty happy with Appleby, seems like a useful type to have around and a good shot to make it to the senior list.

Mihocek is a little meh to me. Saw a little of him in the VFL, was the definition of one paced and at 24 doesn't leave a lot of room to develop. Would have preferred a project like Butts.

Oxley should have been paid out and off the list.

Hine by the Looks of it did not rate the Talls in this Draft and Looking to get some in the 2018 Draft as suppose to be Full of Good Talls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people keep insisting we "have to commit to Oxley"?.

Because it is the right thing to do. We have a contract and we should honour that contract. You can’t expect players to honour their contracts if the club doesn’t.

Yes we could pay him out, but that is not the same as honouring the contract. I want a club that acts in good faith.

Because it is the right thing to do. We have a contract and we should honour that contract. You can’t expect players to honour their contracts if the club doesn’t.

Yes we could pay him out, but that is not the same as honouring the contract. I want a club that acts in good faith.

and We probably did not rate any new Prospect

with Will Kelly next year that gives us Kelly and McLarty as young kpds developing with mihocek as depth.

Up fwd theres Moore as a young developing kpf not sure on cox and reid.

Must get Lynch and another developing kpf next year.

Apart from that adding in quaynor holt fitz. Hopefully Suns dont match so we keep our first.

Should be golden but above must be achieved.

Probably would have preferred to take a chance on a young key forward rather than a key defender but if it’s a weak draft and Brody adds depth then it’s better than a midfielder

Brody can Also Play Forward

There's no way Moore plays major minutes in the backline now. Moore, Reid and Cox are genuinely are only KPF.

I suspect they will be going with only one genuine tall in Cox. The rest will be a mix of Elliott, WHE, JDG etc rotating through the forward line. Not sure we will go with two genuine talls very often.

I should have advertised a fundraiser and hoped it was enough to not re-draft Oxley.

What is the point in re drafting players that have been on your list for a few years and couldn't get a game in a poor side? The rookie draft should be for raw players that show potential but need some time to develop or mature aged players who are dominating in the state leagues IMO not for players that have been there for year and the club already know their capabilities.

What a wasted rookie pick!

I should have advertised a fundraiser and hoped it was enough to not re-draft Oxley.

What is the point in re drafting players that have been on your list for a few years and couldn't get a game in a poor side? The rookie draft should be for raw players that show potential but need some time to develop or mature aged players who are dominating in the state leagues IMO not for players that have been there for year and the club already know their capabilities.

What a wasted rookie pick!

Because he has 1 year left on his Contract

Apart from that premiership we won with a heap of rookies
Be interesting to go through those rookies and see how many others in their particular rookie years kept going?

Reasonably satisfying rookie draft. Got two talls albeit they both look like defenders, it should be enough depth. Not sure why schade wasn’t given another year though. Bit of a revolving door with our vfl depth kpps these days....

As for Oxley, good luck to him. Would have been better for his career to start afresh somewhere else but that didn’t happen. Hopefully he can return to his best which has been interrupted by injuries. Not sure he’ll get many chances this year but more than Ramsay so he can count his blessings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back