AFL 2017 - AFL Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha different league, different role has never played that well at AFL level.
I was actually gonna tail you. I noticed he had never gone beyond 18 disposals at AFL level, but I always like to check state league level form before deciding. Getting 41 touches in the VFL last week made it a no bet for me, but you should definitely be happy with the way things are tracking so far. Well done.

I was actually gonna tail you. I noticed he had never gone beyond 18 disposals at AFL level, but I always like to check state league level form before deciding. Getting 41 touches in the VFL last week made it a no bet for me, but you should definitely be happy with the way things are tracking so far. Well done.

yeh i think hes had 2 41s jn a row or like a 36 an 41 at vfl level

Would appreciate some feedback from x box x, targett, Vhaluus or any others on the best way to approach middles.

I have been betting early and pretty much beating the opening lines fairly significantly (primarily through Sportsbet) where you can bet on future games when they are playing their current game. I find most of these games pretty easy to read and have tailed several posters here as well ie Ade -26.5 vs Bris posted a couple of weeks ago. Of course given the results this season beating the opening lines doesn't mean i'm a squillionaire unfortunately.

I have experimented with middles and got a couple a few weeks ago, but wondered if this should be automatic if you beat the line significantly? This week I have 2u on NM -9.5 and 5u on WC -5.5. I am very confident in both these bets and would have used Points Bet if I had joined. If I middle and GWS loses by 4 goals which I expect I have turned a win into a small loss.

Occasionally I have hedged with some of the Unibet specials whereas I has some bets on Melbourne a few weeks ago and a small kind of hedge on Hawks to win and Isaac Smith to kick a goal through Unibet.

With the bye i'm going to review my strategy, but i'm thinking that I might take larger bets earlier and then hedge half the bets if the line moves significantly in my favour. That way I have money invested on the outcome of the line and still keep the potential for hitting those sweet middles.

Doesn't always work as I jumped on GC vs WC when they were up 30 points vs Melb (although I still like this bet).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0.14U Waite over 15 total points with Pointsbet.

Has kicked 1.7, 6.2, 0.1 this year, so had plenty of shots in 2/3 games. Worst case he goes scoreless and i know my max loss is 15x (about 2U). Has a decent record at Etihad, last 2 years in Etihad wins he's kicked (3.1, 4.1, 4.1, 1.2, 2.3, 2.0, 2.0) Last 2 years in Etihad losses (0.2, 1.7). Expecting Roo's to win fairly comfortably, and he's kicked 2+ in 9/13 wins the last 2 years. He should be good for 2 goals at least and a tiny loss, but hoping he could kick a bag for a nice profit.

Would appreciate some feedback from x box x, targett, Vhaluus or any others on the best way to approach middles.

I have been betting early and pretty much beating the opening lines fairly significantly (primarily through Sportsbet) where you can bet on future games when they are playing their current game. I find most of these games pretty easy to read and have tailed several posters here as well ie Ade -26.5 vs Bris posted a couple of weeks ago. Of course given the results this season beating the opening lines doesn't mean i'm a squillionaire unfortunately.

I have experimented with middles and got a couple a few weeks ago, but wondered if this should be automatic if you beat the line significantly? This week I have 2u on NM -9.5 and 5u on WC -5.5. I am very confident in both these bets and would have used Points Bet if I had joined. If I middle and GWS loses by 4 goals which I expect I have turned a win into a small loss.

Occasionally I have hedged with some of the Unibet specials whereas I has some bets on Melbourne a few weeks ago and a small kind of hedge on Hawks to win and Isaac Smith to kick a goal through Unibet.

With the bye i'm going to review my strategy, but i'm thinking that I might take larger bets earlier and then hedge half the bets if the line moves significantly in my favour. That way I have money invested on the outcome of the line and still keep the potential for hitting those sweet middles.

Doesn't always work as I jumped on GC vs WC when they were up 30 points vs Melb (although I still like this bet).

I just lean on the side i like, i have the same north bet as you for 3U so i have backed carlton at 1.5U, that way if it goes as i expect it to i win, if it lands in the middle even better. and if i lose its not as hard a hit

Unless a line moves so far that there is value in the other side i won't take a middle just for the sake of it (and wouldn't recommend it). Most middles ill bother with are the ones that both sides are available at the same time

missed my middle there. That was the softest game of football I've seen all year, neither side had any interest in actually putting on pressure.

FML, on the under for Carlton vs Kangaroos and they won't ******* miss.

Edit:14.3

Have either of these teams heard of defense?

Last edited:
missed my middle there. That was the softest game of football I've seen all year, neither side had any interest in actually putting on pressure.

Totally agree! It was a yawn fest. No atmosphere. Players jogging up and back like they were just going thru the motions. I had the TGS (unders), Collingwood -110.5 and Brisbane +48.5. Got one outta the three ;) Weather was so inconsistent and the predicted rain/storms stayed away for the most part. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back