AFL 2017 - AFL Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

As a concerned eagles supporter i think the $3.7 price for freo or 26.5 point start look good. Stephen Hill is similar to Wells for Collingwood, he is a huge piece of the puzzle for freo and they are 3 goals better when he is on song. Add to that a rested Mundy, an improving Fyfe and a potential wet afternoon plus a feral home crowd I will be having a couple of units on them to make up for what could be a long week at work. Hope I am wrong

As a concerned eagles supporter i think the $3.7 price for freo or 26.5 point start look good. Stephen Hill is similar to Wells for Collingwood, he is a huge piece of the puzzle for freo and they are 3 goals better when he is on song. Add to that a rested Mundy, an improving Fyfe and a potential wet afternoon plus a feral home crowd I will be having a couple of units on them to make up for what could be a long week at work. Hope I am wrong
Yeh I think as long as hamling is ok they have enough firepower through the mid with Walters Fyfe Mundy n hills playing great to stay close

Nibble on Kennedy BOG Medal @13 - Tabtouch (Bonus 25% profit up to $50 promo). Hasn't played for a while, but given his importance to the Eagles structure and his record against Freo I'll have a nibble at those odds, the promo gives it a nice little boost too.

I think they'll at least be competitive early, so I like them as a side to use for the 24 point promo (i'll bet on Bulldogs as well elsewhere though). Carlton's had some alright starts in 4 of their last 5 games:

up 19 vs Dees at quarter time (Biggest lead of the game, went on to lose)
up 11 vs Tigers in the first 5min (kicked the first 2 goals, then dropped off and lost)
up 21 vs GC at quarter time (hit the 24 early in the 2nd, dropped off later but won by 10)
up 15 vs GWS early in the 2nd quarter (biggest lead of the game, went on to win)

Against a side like the Dogs I reckon they could start quite well.

Was tipping/hoping for Blues to get the 24 then a Dogs comeback. Up by 17 early, but couldn't quite get the 24 before the dogs kicked the next 34 points :/

There's a few WC / Freo supporters on this board (Langdon, Benno, free at last etc). Anyone got any feedback on the upcoming derby?

I'm leaning strongly toward WC at the line (i'm on at -10.5 and -12.5). Freo had lost 5 in a row (before the NM win) and think they have been flattered a bit in their last 2 games - kicked 12.8 vs Saints including an incredible 6 from Walters. Kicked 13.8 vs NM including a match winning 4 from a guy who has never played forward before. Got 4 or 5 rookies playing.

WC get Kennedy back and can switch McGovern back to defense. Lost a few games of late but against top 8 contenders in Melb and Port. Beat Geel comfortably at home of late.

The dangers are Walters and Fyfe, but Shepherd and Hutchings seem like likely and potentially favourable shutdown jobs.

Feels like a flat track bully 4+ goal margin to me.

I'm on at -10.5 and -12.5.

Middled some at Freo +26.5.

Yeo out has me concerned somewhat and Freo have a bit of a midfield / speed edge. Interesting to see who Hutchings tags and i'm hoping Shepherd does a good job on Walters when forward.

The Freo forward line is atrocious bar Walters so i'm anticipating they won't have the fire power to kick a winning score.

Middled some at Freo +26.5.

Yeo out has me concerned somewhat and Freo have a bit of a midfield / speed edge. Interesting to see who Hutchings tags and i'm hoping Shepherd does a good job on Walters when forward.

The Freo forward line is atrocious bar Walters so i'm anticipating they won't have the fire power to kick a winning score.
Bit of a weird game. I was spewing because I had 7.5u on WC line and middled 3u +26.5 and 1u+35.5 live so one more Freo goal and a bonanza return. WC were gifted 2 goals from 50 metre penalties as well.

On the other hand if Freo had kicked straight and delivered the ball to their forwards instead of Hurn and McGovern they surely could have won. After quarter time they destroyed WC in clearances and inside 50's and clearly had more run but fortunately little composure.

Put some money down on both Collingwood and Hawks as I think both Perth teams showed some significant weaknesses and the WC win was surely one of the worst 30 point win in recent history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back