AFL 2017 - AFL Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Have gone for Darcy MacPherson to get over 59 points for his disposals x his marks on Pointsbet.

He averages 52 for the season in the AFL but 180 in the NEAFL. Got 105 last week.

Hoping for some time in the middle.

Something a bit different anyway.

Can the Blues beat Hawks for the first time since 2005? i think not.
0.5u Henderson 2g+ @4.40 Cr
1u Schoemakers 2g+ @4.50 b365
0.3u Schoemakers 3g+ @17 b365
1u Puopolo 2g+ @2.30 b365
0.5 Puopolo 3g+ @5.50 b365
1u Bruest 2g+ @1.50 b365
0.5u Bruest 3g+ @2.40 b365

Edit: added 1u Hawks under 13.5 behinds. @1.76 lads (gone under 19/20 games)
(or there's also under 14.5 @1.50 Cr)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every game going under total this weekCan saints Roos have an open affair in this dead rubber?? Will the roof be shut to stop that sun shining in?? Their past few have been low scoring but North conceding 102.5 per game

I put 15 units on Freo game under 180.5, they stuffed up.
Obviously a little nervous.
I have it as a 160 point game
I can obviously set up a middle to cover some or the whole, although the under "should be safe"
It will be a big win if the under comes in
Bigger if the middle hits
Less if I middle and it misses
I also have plenty of time to live bet out Of trouble, say take over 178.5 at half time and kill any profit but not loose
Thinking of putting 5 units on the over.
Thoughts

I put 15 units on Freo game under 180.5, they stuffed up.
Obviously a little nervous.
I have it as a 160 point game
I can obviously set up a middle to cover some or the whole, although the under "should be safe"
It will be a big win if the under comes in
Bigger if the middle hits
Less if I middle and it misses
I also have plenty of time to live bet out Of trouble, say take over 178.5 at half time and kill any profit but not loose
Thinking of putting 5 units on the over.
Thoughts
YEh should go under easy man both teams set up so defensively !!! Go for the middle n Ull stil be up 9-10 units if it misses! Which bookie stuffed up? Will they limit you afterward though? 1500 is a huge bet for them to take on an error and not crack the sads

If your into some psychological tipstering I have been doing some work for round 23.

Obviously this round differs in that it consists of some teams that will be finishing their season, teams under pressure to perform ie to make finals or top 4 and teams gearing up for finals. Last year saw some big blowouts with Rich and Melb both losing by over 110 points. Obviously with nothing to play for they "mailed it in". The last 5 seasons have seen at least 3 games with margins over 50 points, but no line for next week exceeds 50.

I suspect that the best situations are very good teams playing at home vs weak / young teams or teams under pressure to perform vs teams that are playing out a dead rubber.

Therefore I believe that Port vs GC is my bet of the round. Port are ruthless against weak teams at home (ave 50+ win vs teams outside the 8 in the last 2 years) and GC have been terrible - lost to Freo on the road by 4 goals, outscored by Bris by 80 points after qtr time and lost to Ess by 33 with 18 less scoring shots). In a normal round I would have Port winning this by 50+ points, but given it's the last round this could be a very big blowout.

Both Bris and NM won't make finals, but Bris are going great guns (thrashed their last 3 teams at home that are outside the 8) and NM are 1W 9L in their last ten. I think Bris will be keen to pounce on NM so I have them clear favs plus the potential for NM to be flat travelling in the last round.

Ess need to beat Freo to make finals and are clearly the better team playing at home. Alot to play for one team and nothing for the other. Same for Melb vs Coll. I'm expecting Coll to play some more youth and Adams is unlikely joining Pendles, Wells, Greenwood, Varcoe, De Goey and Fasolo on the injury list. They've run out of cattle. Melb need to win to make finals.

I think Carl season has finished on a high beating the Hawks. Feel this is a situation where they gear themselves up for their last win on the calendar then it's season done. They did it last year beating Melb in round 22 then being beaten easily by Ess in round 23.

Obviously not all teams have their mind on Mad Monday with some good performances in recent years such as Coll nearly beating the Hawks who needed to win to get the double chance.

I'm on Port -34.5 / -38.5, Ess -20.5, Melb -7.5, Bris H2H and Syd -46.5.

Round 23 thread isn't up yet and lines are moving so thought I would throw the post up now to see if anyone has an opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back