Women's Footy 2017 AFL W Grand Final! Adelaide v Brisbane (Sat, March 25 1:30pm CST @ Metricon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday night at Adelaide Oval would have been such a great showcase. Brisbane should have looked at the bigger picture.

Will be stuff-all people there. Opportunity missed.

First real stuff up of the organising which until now has been first class.

They beat us by 3 points last time we met. I imagine BG has analysed that defeat and we can counter Brisbane's flooding back into our forward 50 and then running the ball out once there's a turnover. We have the women with the will to win this.
Go Crows!
I think you might see a similar game to the one on the weekend. Still play on as quick as possible but keeping Sarah Perkins and another back in goal, making the defenders choose between guarding the space or the player

Saturday night at Adelaide Oval would have been such a great showcase. Brisbane should have looked at the bigger picture.

Will be stuff-all people there. Opportunity missed.

First real stuff up of the organising which until now has been first class.
I can imagine the same attitude if it had been Adelaide vs Collingwood and they decided that the lower ranked Pies should play the final at the MCG for the good of the comp :rolleyes:

Brisbane deserve the home final. End of story.

I can imagine the same attitude if it had been Adelaide vs Collingwood and they decided that the lower ranked Pies should play the final at the MCG for the good of the comp :rolleyes:

The Grand Final is at the MCG for the good of the competition.

Brisbane deserved a home final at the Gabba. The Gabba is unavailable. Going to a neutral venue is dumb. Would be as stupid as playing the Shield final in Alice Springs.

Brisbane deserved a home final at the Gabba. The Gabba is unavailable. Going to a neutral venue is dumb. Would be as stupid as playing the Shield final in Alice Springs.
Yeah, right. The Grand Final is played at the MCG for the good of the competition ... what on earth gives you that idea?

It's not a curtain raiser if it is two separate games, as long as you don't need a QClash ticket to see the GF it's not a curtain raiser.

Strictly speaking, maybe not.
The argument here was never about technicalities though it's about symbolism - herein the disappointment lies.

I think a full metricon will make for a better atmosphere than a half full gabba, the AFL just needs to get their ass into gear and start marketing it so QLDers actually know it is happening.
They would have got a full Metricons worth at the Gabba. Doubt they will get a full Metricons worth at Metricon.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-20/early-crow-for-grand-final

ADELAIDE is madly scrambling for flights to the Gold Coast as it plans to give itself two days to prepare for Saturday's inaugural NAB AFL Women's Grand Final.

With the GABBA unavailable for the decider against the undefeated Brisbane Lions, the match has been moved to Metricon Stadium and will be played as a curtain-raiser to the AFL Round One encounter between Gold Coast and the Lions. The Crows will fly to the Gold Coast on Thursday to give themselves an extra day together as a squad. Darwin-based Crow players will also fly to the Gold Coast on Thursday to meet up with their Adelaide-based teammates. "The Darwin girls will be up there and we will be down here," Crows co-captain Chelsea Randall said on Monday. "I expect they will meet us on the Gold Coast on Thursday." The Crows will be aiming to turn the tables on the Lions after they went down by three points at Norwood Oval in Round Five. "It was a fantastic contest. They are a strong side [and] we knew it was going to be a tough game," Randall said. "We expect it will be the same kind of contest [on Saturday]."
The Crows will have an open session at Football Park in Adelaide on Wednesday evening. Fans are invited to attend the training run from 5 – 6:30pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you might see a similar game to the one on the weekend. Still play on as quick as possible but keeping Sarah Perkins and another back in goal, making the defenders choose between guarding the space or the player
Forecast is for rain ALL week. Gold Coast has had a pummelling over the last five days with more to continue.

Brisbane aren't really getting a home final though, are they?

Forecast is for rain ALL week. Gold Coast has had a pummelling over the last five days with more to continue.
Goody gumdrops

Why play in perfect conditions in front of a huge crowd at Adelaide Oval when you could have a 1 goal to 2 goals thriller in front of 300 people at a storm-lashed non-traditional football venue where the people don't even care about their men's team yet, let alone someone else's women's team.

Brisbane aren't really getting a home final though, are they?

I'd bet quite a few of the team live on the gold coast, they'd be just as familiar with Metricon as they would be with the gabba and they will have the majority support of the crowd, they haven't lost any of their home ground advantage.

The grand final is played at the MCG for the good of the MCC and corporate sponsors.

For the food of the game you'd play it at the highest qualifier's home, give them 60%of the tickets and the lower qualifier 40% and do away with all corporate neutrals. It would go off.

AFL backed themselves into a corner when they committed to minor premier hosting the game.

The grand final is played at the MCG for the good of the MCC and corporate sponsors.

For the food of the game you'd play it at the highest qualifier's home, give them 60%of the tickets and the lower qualifier 40% and do away with all corporate neutrals. It would go off.
Not financially

Not as a showcase spectacle

AFL grand final... live from whatever the GWS stadium is called now

Not financially

Not as a showcase spectacle

AFL grand final... live from whatever the GWS stadium is called now
That's the problem with running the AFL on what makes the most money rather that what is fairest and best for the fans.

A GWS home GF would be a small price to pay to get a home Adelaide Oval or new Perth stadium.

Would you not prefer us to keep home ground advantage if we qualified highest for a GF?

That's the problem with running the AFL on what makes the most money rather that what is fairest and best for the fans.

A GWS home GF would be a small price to pay to get a home Adelaide Oval or new Perth stadium.

Would you not prefer us to keep home ground advantage if we qualified highest for a GF?
I'm happy with the grand final at the MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back