List Mgmt. 2017 AFLW Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited by a moderator:

So for the people who truly know, who are we likely to get and how good are they
We're likely to select either Chloe Molloy (lead up forward, midfielder, niece of Jarrod Molloy) or Isabel Huntington (chf, midfielder) with our first pick depending on which one the 'dogs choose. Was there a side agreement involved in us trading them pick 1? The talent coming through is supposed to be ready to go and potentially better than at least the bottom of a clubs best 22 with most having came through junior development programs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/0fe1a6cea413b73ec444d2878bd5db70

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/a3caa99f9f9c1fd2d895d60b1a237751

We're likely to select either Chloe Molloy (lead up forward, midfielder, niece of Jarrod Molloy) or Isabel Huntington (chf, midfielder) with our first pick depending on which one the 'dogs choose. Was there a side agreement involved in us trading them pick 1? The talent coming through is supposed to be ready to go and potentially better than at least the bottom of a clubs best 22 with most having came through junior development programs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s/news-story/0fe1a6cea413b73ec444d2878bd5db70

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/a3caa99f9f9c1fd2d895d60b1a237751

Either one of the girls look very promising, though Chloe would be better as we need more goal scoring

Interesting article about the first trans player trying to get into the AFLW. Played at Ainslie here in Canberra. 190cm and 100 Kgs :eek:

There was an interesting discussion (plus the usual garbage) on the main board about her, instigated by another trans female player.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it. It's a very complex issue.

190cm and 100kg is a very big unit though, by any standards.

Edit: She plays for Ainslie, but I won't hold that against her. ;)

Either one of the girls look very promising, though Chloe would be better as we need more goal scoring
We have some good forwards (Hope, D'Arcy, Garner) however with the way we just bomb it long we really need a pack marking type forward instead of the lead up types we have. I haven't seen enough of Molloy to know whether or not she fits that type, but from what I've read it seems she's similar to our existing group. A change of game plan could potentially address our forward issues and if we play to the strengths of our forwards they would be a lot more dangerous. The other areas of need are quick mids who kick the ball long (a big athletic type would be ideal) and with Stevens' departure a key back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we take a pacey goal sneak type in the draft. Melbourne & Carlton got goals out of these type of players, we seemed too tall and/or slow up forward.

We have some good forwards (Hope, D'Arcy, Garner) however with the way we just bomb it long we really need a pack marking type forward instead of the lead up types we have. I haven't seen enough of Molloy to know whether or not she fits that type, but from what I've read it seems she's similar to our existing group. A change of game plan could potentially address our forward issues and if we play to the strengths of our forwards they would be a lot more dangerous. The other areas of need are quick mids who kick the ball long (a big athletic type would be ideal) and with Stevens' departure a key back.
Sound a bit like what the men’s team need and do.
Toward the end last season they started to play well. Yes with mo hope they gave her no chance,
hopefully they look to get to space instead of bombs away this year. We did at times get burnt for pace as well

Does anyone know how you can Follow the Draft?
On the afl Webb site l believe, but wether they do it the same as the men’s l don’t know. Not sure if Fox footy is doing anything on it, mite have to check that out

On the afl Webb site l believe, but wether they do it the same as the men’s l don’t know. Not sure if Fox footy is doing anything on it, mite have to check that out
Doesn’t look like Fox is covering it. Nothing scheduled in the TV Guide at present :(

Anyone know anything about Ash Brazill from the netball team whose nominated for the draft?

I wonder if I'll add to the list of people I've taught that have been drafted. :cool:

Read the phantom draft, it's got us selecting Jess Trend at 13. She was a pre-service teacher at my school last year, went on camp with her near the end of the year and everything like that, she's a cracking person. She tore her ACL last year right near the end of the season, didn't play this year. Had spoken to us and Carlton before doing the knee last year.*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back