List Mgmt. 2017 AFLW Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lot to work with as far as names go, definitely falling behind the men in that department, might be able to do something with Ash Brazill

How do you rate our draft Pie 4 Life and barrackers ?

What can we expect from our new draftees? What positions will they fill on field? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Molloy is a star, could be an elite player in years to come. Guttridge is a strong leader plays off half-back. Her kicking has been the question mark, but I get the feeling she's a hard worker who will give it everything she's got to improve. Ross I really like, played CHB earlier in the TAC Cup and it will probably be where she plays. Has a good balance of strength and rebound, can play up forward too. The other three I haven't seen (well Brazill on a netball court obviously).

Molloy is a star, could be an elite player in years to come. Guttridge is a strong leader plays off half-back. Her kicking has been the question mark, but I get the feeling she's a hard worker who will give it everything she's got to improve. Ross I really like, played CHB earlier in the TAC Cup and it will probably be where she plays. Has a good balance of strength and rebound, can play up forward too. The other three I haven't seen (well Brazill on a netball court obviously).

She fit right into Collingwood Then.

Would Molloy be Battling Hope for that FF Spot becasue seem Simmlar Types

She fit right into Collingwood Then.

Would Molloy be Battling Hope for that FF Spot becasue seem Simmlar Types
Haha Molloy can play anywhere. She's not the same type because she's much more athletic. The times I've watched her she is able to really leap at the football and take a strong contested mark. Her improvement will come from winning 1v1 at ground level as she is still that little bit lighter but also the fact that she came from basketball so she isn't used to that "wrestle" sense that comes in the forward line. But she's a super athlete and has played through the midfield as well.

Haha Molloy can play anywhere. She's not the same type because she's much more athletic. The times I've watched her she is able to really leap at the football and take a strong contested mark. Her improvement will come from winning 1v1 at ground level as she is still that little bit lighter but also the fact that she came from basketball so she isn't used to that "wrestle" sense that comes in the forward line. But she's a super athlete and has played through the midfield as well.

Sounds like she can become a Special Talent.

Would you know why she was not Taken at Pick 1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like she can become a Special Talent.

Would you know why she was not Taken at Pick 1?

Because Huntington is the best talent, she's just been injured. Dogs coach Paul Groves has coached Izzy since she was 13, so it was always likely to be her.

Because Huntington is the best talent, she's just been injured. Dogs coach Paul Groves has coached Izzy since she was 13, so it was always likely to be her.

What sets Hunginton apart to be Best Talent?

Having the Coach there since she was 13 makes lot of Sense

What sets Hunginton apart to be Best Talent?

Having the Coach there since she was 13 makes lot of Sense

She starred as a CHF as a bottom ager. Booted 5 gls in the U18 champs in 2016 and probably would have gone #1 in the initial draft if not put as a marquee player so no surprise she went again. She's big bodied and athletic. A penetrating kick for goal and wins the footy.

She starred as a CHF as a bottom ager. Booted 5 gls in the U18 champs in 2016 and probably would have gone #1 in the initial draft if not put as a marquee player so no surprise she went again. She's big bodied and athletic. A penetrating kick for goal and wins the footy.

No Wonder she went 1.

Does Molloy have same Upside as Hunginton?

What can we expect from our new draftees? What positions will they fill on field? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Apologies I don't follow women's state league or junior footy, so I'm as lost as anyone when it comes to individual players. From a quick look it seems we've addressed some positional needs though including our backline.

No Wonder she went 1.

Does Molloy have same Upside as Hunginton?

I'd say she even has more. Huntington will come in and be an elite player from day dot. Molloy won't start with the same impact, but in a few years she could go past her. Might not, but she's tracking really well for limited football prior to this year.

Looks like we've tried to improve the pace of the team which has to be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back