List Mgmt. 2017 AFLW Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then why have a sub board for the woman’s team then, if some stuff stays on the main board?

It'll get moved there when it's run it's course.

Anyone know who is the number one rank girl in the country who Collingwood could get to draft in 2018?

We really need to target a big name. Losing our 2 best players from last year is obviously taking its toll.

We have some good young players we just need a couple more experienced mature players and I think we’ll do ok.

Anyone know who is the number one rank girl in the country who Collingwood could get to draft in 2018?

We might not get Pick 1 with Expansion Teams coming in

We really need to target a big name. Losing our 2 best players from last year is obviously taking its toll.

We have some good young players we just need a couple more experienced mature players and I think we’ll do ok.

and Good Mids because we don't have 1 outside of the Captain

They bungled up the list build from the get go, AFLW footy is much different from men's AFL and the types required to succeed are also different. Getting Mo hope purely for the *Dane Swan* factor was a huge bungle for our "marquee" player.

They bungled up the list build from the get go, AFLW footy is much different from men's AFL and the types required to succeed are also different. Getting Mo hope purely for the *Dane Swan* factor was a huge bungle for our "marquee" player.
To be fair Mo was regarded as one of the best players going around at the time. You can see why they picked her up. But yeah obviously disappointing for us she’s been a flop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair Mo was regarded as one of the best players going around at the time. You can see why they picked her up. But yeah obviously disappointing for us she’s been a flop.

She was playing in a league that was less condensed in talent and athletic prowess, she is short, slow and was unfit for her to even to succeed as a small FF type.

Given the increased tactics and athletic potential in a more dense league her ability to translate was always going to be lessened. If she wasn't tatted up to the teeth (and with swans retirement being nicely timed) I bet there would of been others in consideration to fill that KPP role. The Pies/AFL pushed her forward banking on her marketability.

Yeah I remember her best on ground 6 goal performance in the all star game and thinking we had nailed our pick. She dominated the best in the league that night.

She was playing in a league that was less condensed in talent and athletic prowess, she is short, slow and was unfit for her to even to succeed as a small FF type.

Given the increased tactics and athletic potential in a more dense league her ability to translate was always going to be lessened. If she wasn't tatted up to the teeth (and with swans retirement being nicely timed) I bet there would of been others in consideration to fill that KPP role. The Pies/AFL pushed her forward banking on her marketability.
She dominated the Dogs V Melbourne game. I’m sure they were banking on her to get fitter and make the step up at the next level because she has talent. It just hasn’t worked. She still has time to show us what she’s got and I thought she played quite well on the weekend. Hopefully she’s on the up.

To be honest both of our marquee signings haven’t been great and we probably should have gone for others but at the time they were good signings. That’s Hindsight for you.

Yeah I remember her best on ground 6 goal performance in the all star game and thinking we had nailed our pick. She dominated the best in the league that night.

Helps when you have the Best Players to get the Ball to you.

Where we have lot of Players more Likely kick to the Oppostion then to a Teammate can make it hard for Hope

To be honest both of our marquee signings haven’t been great and we probably should have gone for others but at the time they were good signings. That’s Hindsight for you.

Could say that about Majority of our Recruiting has been

Could say that about Majority of our Recruiting has been
It hasn’t been as bad as some suggest. Losing our two best players from last year hurts. You take two good players out of any side and they struggle.

There are always going to be hits and misses with a new comp. You have those players plus the ones we have injured and things look a little brighter. But obviously that’s not the case and we’ll have to do something about it in the off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back