Fantasy 2017 - Alpha Dynasty Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm certainly keen to play and am all over the new league.

That said i have really enjoyed this league so hope this isn't to the detriment of Alpha.
Keeping a Dynasty league going for this long is a great effort with minimal departures. Long may it continue.

So where are we on changes? Been s**t canned with the new league running alongside this one?
Too many NO votes on IDP changes, so scoring/etc stays as is.
That's fine. Like I said before, not ditching ALPHA, i love it. Just wanting to create a new FREE (espn) Dynasty League with a more parity driven concept, like Empire - but without all the salary cap and complications. Add a few wrinkles in too (roster starters, and a weekly auction waiver system).

Too many NO votes on IDP changes, so scoring/etc stays as is.
That's fine. Like I said before, not ditching ALPHA, i love it. Just wanting to create a new FREE (espn) Dynasty League with a more parity driven concept, like Empire - but without all the salary cap and complications. Add a few wrinkles in too (roster starters, and a weekly auction waiver system).
It is 6 yes and two yes after seeing scoring atm. 8 needed.

Pretty sure dspeed was a No.

You probably read his posts better than I did.

From what I skimmed it seemed like he was arguing against the principle of voting on changes without seeing what they would be first, not that he was against changes altogether.

Either way, dspeed's vote doesn't kill the proposal

The thing is, Dspeed, Dagless, Manureid, TGBB, for starters, all said NO to GG sitting there and tweaking and re-tweaking. Dspeed especially has some kind of morbid fixation against GG, throws a tanty at the idea of GG (who is the LM, and scoring guru now, after running tons of leagues the last 10 years), being allowed to sit and tweak and retweak etc. Like it's some cataclysmic event.

But people dont realize, I HAVE TO tweak and re-tweak, until I am happy with what I'm aiming for. I don't know the exact numbers for each little scoring category until I play around for a few hours. Only THEN can i present it to everyone and say -- there.

But the thing is, I was merely going to make it CT scoring exactly but just up assisted tackles and solo tackles up (so the tackle machine LBs arent made worse like they are in CT).

So, you all didn't even NEED to have "wait and see" approach about it. It's basically CT with the tackles upped a little. Instead of 0.35 for assist, it would be 0.5. instead of 0.7 for solo, it would be 1.0, like they are in Alpha. Big *ingg deal-breaker apparently for GG to tweak that stuff, and possibly re-tweak if it needed to go a fraction higher or lower.

Really. I would prefer if I could just make both offense and defense CT-like. Not even as drastic as what OMEGA scoring is. Just CT, which still heavily favors offense, and still gives the same scoring rankings as Alpha has of QB > RB > WR > TE > IDPs > PK

Well if GG.exe actually had listed the changes, it's possible the changes to IDP scoring could get through as the votes are:

YES - GG, drd23, PB, Cass, balmain, wizard
YES pending seeing the scoring - manureid, Dagless, Woodson
No - TGBB
Yet to vote - dspeed, NDG

Plenty to like of what PB74 said about IDP tweaks so I'm in the same camp as Manureid & Dagless.

No for the rest.

GM LD asks why change what isn't broken? Want sexy? How about wearing women's panties!?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now a yes pending the scoring so can we see some proposed changes. No way this league is taking backseat to some upstart league (and what's with the state names!!??pfft)

Not until I own the #1 pick
Get me 2 top 5 picks and its yours. That goes for everyone. Ill throw in a second.

Fournette for sale bitches.

2 top 5 picks... not sure Fournette is worth that much!
I'd give 2 top 5 picks right now for Elliot. Anyone out there that wouldnt??

Obviously some risk with Fournette but just saying that Elliot is now worth more than that.

I'd give 2 top 5 picks right now for Elliot. Anyone out there that wouldnt??

Obviously some risk with Fournette but just saying that Elliot is now worth more than that.
Hindsight for Elliott now though. You could take 2 RBs like Cook and Mixon with those 2 picks. Fournette may be Elliott Mk2, sure, but is a risk/reward pick for 2 firsts. Elliott also had a much better O-Line to run behind.

Hindsight for Elliott now though. You could take 2 RBs like Cook and Mixon with those 2 picks. Fournette may be Elliott Mk2, sure, but is a risk/reward pick for 2 firsts. Elliott also had a much better O-Line to run behind.
Agreed but Fournette is also arguably a better talent.

I'll trade Corey Coleman and Kenneth Dixon every day of the week for Elliot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back