Fantasy 2017 - Alpha Dynasty Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Processed the trade on the league page as well....

Capture.PNG

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nope. I'd love to see your argument why PB got the better part of the deal

Well, if you look at it like it was posted on here, it seems in favor of Manureid.

But if you try to break it down, imo, it would probably be something like...

2018 1st for Carson Palmer -- QB league...he might only be short-term yes, but guaranteed to score 300+....future 1sts are a crap-shoot, look at every draft we've had.

2018 2nd for Jeremy Hill -- good value for an above-average RB. And PB needs one badly.

Tyreek Hill for Manu's 2nd ... Tyreek Hill exploded onto the scene, but he's a gadget player still, and he tailed off at the end, he'll frustrate Manureid as an inconsistent fantasy scorer. Spend more time on his bench than starting. When he starts, scores 10, when he doesnt start scores 40.

2018 3rd for 2017 3rd ... no real loss/gain there.

I have 3 starting QBs still. Losing Palmer who may have 2 years at best, maybe only 1 for a first next year is okay business.

I have decent starting RB depth, Hill has been frustrating and not grabbed his chances to be a high scoring back. Still possible he could, but for a 2nd is not far off break even.

Tyreek Hill for the last pick in the 2nd. Happy to take a shot on that.

My picks this year for next year. Banking on PB not winning the comp, so anything other than that is an upgrade on picks and gives me currency for other trades.

Or somethin along those lines. PB gets some starters for this season. I get one possible high ceiling WR and some upgraded picks and a first rounder next year also. If PB finishes mid range I get a top 8ish pick for a QB on his last legs. I am sure Palmer will score well this season, but happy to take a punt.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have 3 starting QBs still. Losing Palmer who may have 2 years at best, maybe only 1 for a first next year is okay business.

I have decent starting RB depth, Hill has been frustrating and not grabbed his chances to be a high scoring back. Still possible he could, but for a 2nd is not far off break even.

Tyreek Hill for the last pick in the 2nd. Happy to take a shot on that.

My picks this year for next year. Banking on PB not winning the comp, so anything other than that is an upgrade on picks and gives me currency for other trades.

Or somethin along those lines. PB gets some starters for this season. I get one possible high ceiling WR and some upgraded picks and a first rounder next year also. If PB finishes mid range I get a top 8ish pick for a QB on his last legs. I am sure Palmer will score well this season, but happy to take a punt.

I agree with all that....you had RB and QB depth to burn. Especially say Palmer who has 1-2 years left tops. Might as well get something for him. That's the thing with people trading (most of the time)....moving value around....PB has say an abundance of WR, but lacking QB, RB. You have abundance of QB and RB say, but a need at WR. So it's like a good trade everyone gets what they're after.

The picks is always good to have....but at the same time, it's a crap shoot still. The main thing being...PB and you move value around in your roster.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Well, if you look at it like it was posted on here, it seems in favor of Manureid.

But if you try to break it down, imo, it would probably be something like...

2018 1st for Carson Palmer -- QB league...he might only be short-term yes, but guaranteed to score 300+....future 1sts are a crap-shoot, look at every draft we've had.

Eh, I'd rather have the future 1st. I'd be surprised if Palmer his still productive after 2017, so a 1st is a lot for effectively a 1 year rental. The fact that I have 4 starting QBs might make me not realise what someone with less than 3 QBs might pay for one though

2018 2nd for Jeremy Hill -- good value for an above-average RB. And PB needs one badly.

Agreed here.

Tyreek Hill for Manu's 2nd ... Tyreek Hill exploded onto the scene, but he's a gadget player still, and he tailed off at the end, he'll frustrate Manureid as an inconsistent fantasy scorer. Spend more time on his bench than starting. When he starts, scores 10, when he doesnt start scores 40.

I guess this is where we disagree with most. Hill was WR5 last year as a rookie. Even if you make his big games just average ones, he still would have been top 20 and that is worth more than the last pick in the 2nd round imo

2018 3rd for 2017 3rd ... no real loss/gain there.

As you point out, having to wait for the return lessens the value, so there is a loss/gain here

I agree with all that....you had RB and QB depth to burn. Especially say Palmer who has 1-2 years left tops. Might as well get something for him. That's the thing with people trading (most of the time)....moving value around....PB has say an abundance of WR, but lacking QB, RB. You have abundance of QB and RB say, but a need at WR. So it's like a good trade everyone gets what they're after.

The picks is always good to have....but at the same time, it's a crap shoot still. The main thing being...PB and you move value around in your roster.
So possibly wasn't the 'raping' it was initially called? And the irony was not lost on me by the way ;)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
PB could've suffered for one year without another QB, and used his 2018 1st on best available QB in the draft, someone who'd potentially have a 5+ year career. Palmer was close to retiring this year. So in that sense, PB took a big gamble. But that's a whole YEAR of fantasy to suffer thru. Trust me, last year was awful for me while waiting for Goff to start and having no other starter to fill an OP slot with. We tend to focus on the current year more. Strong urge to do well now. We do all sorts of things, take all kinds of risks/punts, make lopsided trades....in desperation to have a good fantasy season in the current year.

Jeremy Hill was definitely worth the investment, even if he was tied at the hip with Palmer in that trade.

I can afford to plan slightly ahead with draft picks at this point. Have a draft stategy that has served me well last couple of seasons so will continue down that path. Still a bit of luck involved in it all still.

And Hill would probably have been on my bench all season, injuries not withstanding, so a good get for PB and a decent trade out for me.
Funnily enough the trade was set up with Hill for the 1st and Palmer the 2nd....although it didn't matter either way.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can afford to plan slightly ahead with draft picks at this point. Have a draft stategy that has served me well last couple of seasons so will continue down that path. Still a bit of luck involved in it all still.
What I should take into account too is that you won Alpha last year....so you finally had that break-thru, and it's just so great to have that feeling. FINALLY. After 8 or 9 years. Whereas PB is pushing hard to taste that kind of fun/success....and is willing to trade away future picks for a chance this year. And I'm sure he's not done yet trading for QB/RB.

Palmer buys me a year or two to see what Paxton Lynch can do. Dalton still has time, and Winston is a lock for me.
RBs is where I struggled, so J.Hill was worth it to me. Tyreek was my top scoring WR last season, but I don't see him being able to replicate that now that he's "known". I thought what we both had on the table was fair to both of us... good work manureid :)
Now to see what else is in play :D

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Palmer buys me a year or two to see what Paxton Lynch can do. Dalton still has time, and Winston is a lock for me.
RBs is where I struggled, so J.Hill was worth it to me. Tyreek was my top scoring WR last season, but I don't see him being able to replicate that now that he's "known". I thought what we both had on the table was fair to both of us... good work manureid :)
Now to see what else is in play :D
Don't be so diplomatic. You raped him and you know it.

Don't be so diplomatic. You raped him and you know it.
How is it you cannot see how badly 'raped' you get in every trade you do... yet....

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
How is it you cannot see how badly 'raped' you get in every trade you do... yet....
I've only ever been raped once....when I drafted Geno Smith, cut him, then traded a future 1st to Drd23 to get him again but he stunk still. Or Chris Johnson was also included in that for a current 2nd....when I was desperate for a RB -- and he sucked that year I traded for him.

Otherwise, I've been winning every other trade, if not win:win.

Back