Prediction 2017 Analysis and Prediction

Remove this Banner Ad

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here are my 2017 Predictions, partly from analysis, partly from wishful thinking. What have I left out? What have I got wrong?

Return of: Fyfe, Bennell, Sandilands, Johnson

Full Preseason: Yarran, Apeness, Mundy, A Pearce

Additional Preseason: Blakely most importantly but also all 1st 2nd and 3rd year players in general

Trades: McCarthy for 2017 2nd, B Hill for Mayne Compensation,
Barlow for a mid to late 2nd, Ballantyne for a 3rd,

Players returning to correct roles/ new(ish) roles:
1. S. Hill: Wing
2. Crozier: Left Back Pocket
3. Weller: RHBF
4. Sheridan: Outside mid/ outside run with

Preseason: More running/ fitness work
For more pressure on ball carrier, more run and spread, run games out better

Leadership:
Captain: Fyfe
Leadership group additions: Neale, Walters, A Pearce (Mentioned by Mundy in a press conference)
losses : Pavlich, Johnson
Team (best 2x)
Assumptions: Langdon stays, McCarthy and B Hill deals are done.

FB: Spurr/Tucker, Collins/Silvagni, Crozier,

HB: Weller, A. Pearce, Johnson/Ibbotson,

C: S. Hill, Fyfe, B. Hill,

HF: McCarthy, Taberner, Bennell,

FF: Walters, Apeness, Yarran,

R: Sandilands, Neale, Mundy,

I/C: Blakely, Sheridan, Langdon, Balic,

E: 2016 pick 3, Sutcliffe, D. Pearce

Flexibility:
1. Fyfe: tall forward
2. Bennell: mid
3. Weller: HFF
4. Apeness: Ruck (15-20%)
5. Hills: Running backs
6. Sheridan: Outside run with
7. Walters: mid
8. Mundy: HBF

New Synergies:
1. Hill Brothers
a. Stephen: Left foot left wing
b. Brad: right foot right wing
2. Crozier and Weller:
a. Crozier: elite Left foot kick, longer kick, better mark
b. Weller: elite right foot kick, better runner/ faster, better tackler
3. Apeness, Taberner and McCarthy
a. Apeness: FF pack crasher, contested marker, ruck chop out
b. Taberner: Roaming CHF
c. McCarthy: 3rd tall, CHFF, Lead up

We need defenders and if we do end up with a end of first round/second round pick for Mayne, i would be slightly annoyed if we offloaded that for B Hill.

That young Logue looks like a good pick up

We need defenders and if we do end up with a end of first round/second round pick for Mayne, i would be slightly annoyed if we offloaded that for B Hill.

I think a decent prediction would be us getting either logue or rotham if we pull a 2nd rounder out of our asses

Here are my 2017 Predictions, partly from analysis, partly from wishful thinking. What have I left out? What have I got wrong?

Return of: Fyfe, Bennell, Sandilands, Johnson

Full Preseason: Yarran, Apeness, Mundy, A Pearce

Additional Preseason: Blakely most importantly but also all 1st 2nd and 3rd year players in general

Trades: McCarthy for 2017 2nd, B Hill for Mayne Compensation,
Barlow for a mid to late 2nd, Ballantyne for a 3rd,

Players returning to correct roles/ new(ish) roles:
1. S. Hill: Wing
2. Crozier: Left Back Pocket
3. Weller: RHBF
4. Sheridan: Outside mid/ outside run with

Preseason: More running/ fitness work
For more pressure on ball carrier, more run and spread, run games out better

Leadership:
Captain: Fyfe
Leadership group additions: Neale, Walters, A Pearce (Mentioned by Mundy in a press conference)
losses : Pavlich, Johnson
Team (best 2x)
Assumptions: Langdon stays, McCarthy and B Hill deals are done.

FB: Spurr/Tucker, Collins/Silvagni, Crozier,

HB: Weller, A. Pearce, Johnson/Ibbotson,

C: S. Hill, Fyfe, B. Hill,

HF: McCarthy, Taberner, Bennell,

FF: Walters, Apeness, Yarran,

R: Sandilands, Neale, Mundy,

I/C: Blakely, Sheridan, Langdon, Balic,

E: 2016 pick 3, Sutcliffe, D. Pearce

Flexibility:
1. Fyfe: tall forward
2. Bennell: mid
3. Weller: HFF
4. Apeness: Ruck (15-20%)
5. Hills: Running backs
6. Sheridan: Outside run with
7. Walters: mid
8. Mundy: HBF

New Synergies:
1. Hill Brothers
a. Stephen: Left foot left wing
b. Brad: right foot right wing
2. Crozier and Weller:
a. Crozier: elite Left foot kick, longer kick, better mark
b. Weller: elite right foot kick, better runner/ faster, better tackler
3. Apeness, Taberner and McCarthy
a. Apeness: FF pack crasher, contested marker, ruck chop out
b. Taberner: Roaming CHF
c. McCarthy: 3rd tall, CHFF, Lead up
I have to say I enjoyed that read, especially the best 25 that you put together. I really like that the club seems to have taken the longer view with the injuries to Fyfe, Bennel, Balic, A Pearce, Sandilands and MJ. Will give a freshness to the new season, and hopefully pay immediate dividends. They are all impact players.

I think we should be able to get someone using the PSD, either directly or using it to engineer a trade in our favor. I also think we could target some mature recruits late or via rookie list who will play, and personally want to see either Barlow or de Boer on the list.

I have to say I enjoyed that read, especially the best 25 that you put together. I really like that the club seems to have taken the longer view with the injuries to Fyfe, Bennel, Balic, A Pearce, Sandilands and MJ. Will give a freshness to the new season, and hopefully pay immediate dividends. They are all impact players.

I think we should be able to get someone using the PSD, either directly or using it to engineer a trade in our favor. I also think we could target some mature recruits late or via rookie list who will play, and personally want to see either Barlow or de Boer on the list.
i think kersten might be that psd target.

I really like that both Logue and Rotham are getting a run in the midfield at colts level.

I really like that both Logue and Rotham are getting a run in the midfield at colts level.
That is what you mistaken me for , if freo want either one of them then b.hill and kersten will be pretty impossible to strike.a deal

I prefer to keep the Mayne compo. Brad Hill and Kersten are good to have not must have right now. MacCarthy is a must have. That is the deal which must be done first.
My desire for Brad comes from my dislike for D Pearce. Also I'm under the impression that when you have brothers on the field their power multiply à la Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Brad Hill might be a triple flag winner but he wants to come home. And, he wants to go to Freo. I think Pick 3, and whatever compo pick we get for Mayne if he is truly signed and sealed up, must be used in the draft. I can't see any reason to give the Hawks Mayne's compo pick. Not like WCE is going to be bidding for his services to force up his worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish. Kersten can come for nothing in the PSD.
Then we will lose mayne combo that what some postie said. I not sure just read it. Not by me , but can check in trade thread that if we get somebody in psd we lost mayne combo.

Michael Johnson in 2015 & 2016 has gone the same way as Luke Mac did in 2014 & 2015 ie good for first third to half of season then he's done. If he plays more than 10 games will be a bonus. We need a ruckman because Sandi is good for 2017 if he stays fit. 2018 and beyond re ruckman????

I think dockers are really re- assessing Clarke's worth. His performances in peel's two finals games have been good. If he leaves then we only have griff whose an honest toiler as backup but no match winner.

Top sides have ruckman who gives their midfielders on most occasions first use of ball. No coincidence we went well in 2015, with Sandi in AA form feeding Fyfe Mundy Neale hill etc

Then we will lose mayne combo that what some postie said. I not sure just read it. Not by me , but can check in trade thread that if we get somebody in psd we lost mayne combo.
Nothing to do with Mayne compo. better you get some education about this. Pre Season Draft is not Free Agency. Kersten is not a Free Agent.

I am torn apart with clarke , he can be Superman one day but can be jack darling another . Toss the coin ans decided maybe.

Nothing to do with Mayne compo. better you get some education about this. Pre Season Draft is not Free Agency. Kersten is not a Free Agent.
Ok i am sorry now i know about it . Then go ahead like you said . I get confused with so many different rule.

Ok i am sorry now i know about it . Then go ahead like you said . I get confused with so many different rule.
We should be able to add a half decent out of contract player via PSD, or at the very least make sure we get a trade weighted in our favour. Happened to us in the past with Roberton, and it is a small edge we need to get some value from.

McCarthy, Kersten and B Hill all coming to the club and one left field candidate.
Assuming we get a 2nd round compo, we will use it to get the above players.
Langdon to head home.

Next year we will have a much improved team, but will be missing an A graders in the forward 6 and an A grader in our back 6, and a massive unsettled back 6.

Rotham would be a great if we can hold onto our 2nd round pick compo.

In a perfect world:
Downgrade pick 3 for pick 7, 15 and McCarthy.
Straight swap Langdon for Hill
Receive pick 4 for Mayne. (Okay that bit is a complete fantasy - I'll be realistic and say we get pick 21).
Get another second round pick by trading Suban and/or Ballantyne.

Sam PS lasts till 7, we pick him up. English lasts till 15 and Logue lasts till 21. We pick both of them up.
With our remaining second round pick we pick up a superstar who has drifted in the order for some speculative and incorrect reason, and who takes just one season to establish himself.

We start slowly in 2017, winning games by just a few points each time, before demolishing the Eagles by 47 points in the first derby and 147 points in the second. Jack Darling is cited for staging, and publicly humiliated again.
The season ends with two finals at the new Perth Stadium and a comfortable grand final win, and the cup is presented by Matthew Pavlich to the Freo captain.
Ross Lyon is accused of destroying football (again).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back