2017 Annual Report

Remove this Banner Ad

The SANFL no longer own AFL licenses, havent since 2014. Adelaide's AFL licence has been released for $11.326 million, while Port Adelaide will pay $6.985 million. Adelaide at least will pay theirs off over 15 years. In the meantime, the AFL appoints the board with Adelaide at least specifying a release date of 2028.

The AFL in turn guaranteed 45 million in funding to the SANFL.

Not how the SA experience is working at present.
Thanks for that, does the SANFL own Adelaide Oval?

Thanks for that, does the SANFL own Adelaide Oval?

No. The Oval remains the property of the SA Government. However the SANFL are together with the SACA the ground managers for the Oval, through the stadium Management Authority. The SANFL taking revenues from March to October, and the SACA from October to March.

Anyone actually read the annual report?

It's actually not a great reflection on the club - the only reason we turned a profit was that we included $4 million in income by valuing the lease at Cockburn and it coming out at $4 million more than what we paid for it.
Take that out - and it's at best a dubious income inclusion - and we made a relatively significant loss. Corporate income in particular was hammered.

I'd expect it to be one off given we should s**t it in this year, but still.....we shouldn't ignore it.

Hey guys, so the wookie doesn't have to buy the annual report (40+ bucks) can someone who is a member please contact the club and try to request a copy- should be free and has been lodged on asic so defs available. thanks!

WC killing it. All that profit and no AFLW team though and Lathain is a joke compared to Cockburn. Money can't buy everything I guess (seems to go a fair way into buying the maggots though).

Sorry to burst your bubble but the complex at Lathlain is nearly complete, massive and impressive. I will take some photos on the weekend and post on the board if people are interested.

Its impressive that Collingwood and Wet Toast can t/over +$80 million in a year, when they both make the GF.
But the fact that Collingwood make $6 mill profit from pokies is a very unpalatable occurrence for the AFL.
While these big clubs in Melbourne have the pokies, it makes it harder and harder for the smaller ones!!

Yes the "s**t nest" as I affectionately call it is polluting our neighbourhood and the structure is quite imposing.
There goes the neighbourhood!

What’s worse is the weagle scum frequent my local coffee shop before / after training. Have tried buying elsewhere but the coffee is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s worse is the weagle scum frequent my local coffee shop before / after training. Have tried buying elsewhere but the coffee is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buy the coffee shop. Lace their coffees with clenbuterol. Then they wont come back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad, if west coast did $80 mill in revenue, which is very high, and Collingwood did $82 mill, then not a bad effort.
Did Collingwood make $6 mill in profit from pokies in 2018 Wookie ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back