2017 ATP Tour - Masters/500/250

Remove this Banner Ad

A Zverev v N Kyrgios playing later tonight in Montreal. Last time they played I think Nick won in straight sets but since then Zverev has improved quite a bit.
Should be a great match, I reckon Kyrgios has his measure and will take them in two tight sets

Kyrgios beat him twice in the span of a few weeks back in the Spring
Since that point of the year, zverev has grown in confidence and stature, securing a place in the top 10 and gaining consistency. Meanwhile Kyrgios has gone backwards (some circumstances out of his control).

In saying that, Kyrgios has a bit of the I'm the big dog of the young blokes brigade and will set himself to win this match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this rate, Federer is going to be No.1 before the US Open even starts & ahead by a country mile by the end of the year.

We can't say that. The brute reality of his age remains. At 36 in a sport reliant on speed and reaction times the fact is a 36 year old can suddenly seem very old if things go against him.

I ama big fan. I really hope he plays many more events and wins most of them but when age hits it hits and one day soo Fed will age quickly on court and that will be that. We have seen great athleths and teams just hit walls.

That siad 68 minute two set victories might keep him on top til he is 40.

Last edited:
I didn't see it just checked the results after reading your post. I wonder what changed?

He appeared really flat and tired in the first set, and i did think he would go ahead and win. Here's a quote from his press conference

"I started off pretty slow. Just drained from yesterday," Shapovalov said. "Rafa took a lot out of me. But Adrian did a good job of playing fast with me in the first set, really taking it to me… Obviously the rain delay helped me. I kind of told myself ‘This could be a really good turning point. It's giving him a little bit of time to think about his game.' He got a little bit cold. It's always tough to come out and serve after having 11, 12 minutes off. I took advantage there. After I broke him, I kind of felt confidence again, and I ran with it.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/mannarino-shapovalov-montreal-2017-qf

What an exciting semi, Shapovalov v Zverev. nextgen, slowing stepping up. And, Canada has a new tennis star.

He appeared really flat and tired in the first set, and i did think he would go ahead and win. Here's a quote from his press conference

"I started off pretty slow. Just drained from yesterday," Shapovalov said. "Rafa took a lot out of me. But Adrian did a good job of playing fast with me in the first set, really taking it to me… Obviously the rain delay helped me. I kind of told myself ‘This could be a really good turning point. It's giving him a little bit of time to think about his game.' He got a little bit cold. It's always tough to come out and serve after having 11, 12 minutes off. I took advantage there. After I broke him, I kind of felt confidence again, and I ran with it.”

What an exciting semi, Shapovalov v Zverev. nextgen, slowing stepping up. And, Canada has a new tennis star.

and who can actually play tennis

(Sorry Milos that was harsh, I am not sorry Genie)

haha i was about to say the same, his game style is so much better than Milos. Denis is not just a serve bot, he is an exciting player to watch play tennis.
haha. you knew where I was going. I was going to say something more obvious about Milos being a servebot but didn't want to sound too much like Parker :)

haha. you knew where I was going. I was going to say something more obvious about Milos being a servebot but didn't want to sound too much like Parker :)

lol!I nearly posted servebot in my original post, but it's true, Dennis is the complete opposite of Milos. LukeParkerno1 would agree with us.

Nice backhand

Aha, ye olde rain delay! Anything can happen after a rain delay!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back