2017 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone see the game penalty Klein copped which ended up giving Groth the match at Nottingham? Shocking decision from Lahyani.

Yeah but I didn't see the build up. Apparently Klein had been mis behaving all match. Klein has one of the worst repuations on tour due to his behaviour so we shouldn't feel to sorry for him.

And it begs the question why the **** he didn't retire there and then
he retired after losing the first set in a TB. so another 5 or so games.

but I sort of agree with you. it is the first round of a minor(ish) tournament, 2 weeks before a grand slam. but credit to him for at least trying.

no doubt people will slam him still.

Nick really needs to start stringing some results together, the fact he is still ranked around 20 with his talent is pretty poor.
The problem is he is always getting these niggly injuries which has to go back to how he prepares for tournaments. He has barely had a consistent run at it since miami. No chance he will go deep at wimbledon, just does not have enough miles in his legs for a 2 week long tournament.

The problem is he is always getting these niggly injuries which has to go back to how he prepares for tournaments. He has barely had a consistent run at it since miami. No chance he will go deep at wimbledon, just does not have enough miles in his legs for a 2 week long tournament.

Agreed, whereas I find the next generation players like Zverev and Thiem are better condition than Nick.

Agreed, whereas I find the next generation players like Zverev and Thiem are better condition than Nick.
His only hope really is a good draw where he can get some match fitness under his belt before he runs into a top player. We all know what nick is like when he feels like he is under prepared however, he throws in the towel mentally like he did @ the french. Maybe the surface will trigger a different mindset.

He's been unlucky this season. Looked to have turned a corner mentally and was playing well through the Indian Wells Miami hard court swing. Since then though, injuries have hampered his progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very nasty fall, was promising that he could play on not to hampered but obivously still hampered enought o lsoe that set against Young, we'll see how it comes up, disappointing because would of be nice to see Nick fully fit and playing well at Wimbledon.

He's been unlucky this season. Looked to have turned a corner mentally and was playing well through the Indian Wells Miami hard court swing. Since then though, injuries have hampered his progress.
I dare say the death of his grandfather has contributed to the loss of consistency as well. Just really bad circumstances and timing. We may not see him back into some decent form till the us open hardcourt swing at least.

Bunch of Aussies playing in the Ilkley Challenger. Currently watching Millman v Melzer, not confident for Millman as he has looked pretty rusty in his matches so far since coming back from injury. Bolt and Groth already through to the second round, Ebden and De Minaur still to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back