2017 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Kokkinakis ended up losing but good effort to get to the final. Wasn't able to watch in the end but in his presser he said his serve let him down with too many double faults.

Alex De Minaur has reached the final of the Segovia Challenger also.

Yeah, very surprised to see him playing again so soon given his injury problems. Looks like it was an easy match, I'll be interested to see how he goes in a match that tests him a bit more.

Meanwhile Thompson got beaten in the first round of the Aptos Challenger by Santillan!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyrigos should beat Lorenzi/Tiafoe next up.
Barty has a very winnable match against Dodin.
Dasha plays Strycova.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It looks like Kokkinakis and Millman are using their protected rankings for the US open.

I presume the TA Wildcard will go to either Santillian or De Minaur?

It looks like Kokkinakis and Millman are using their protected rankings for the US open.

I presume the TA Wildcard will go to either Santillian or De Minaur?
Won't go to Santillan, you don't just come back into the fold and get the royal treatment. De Minaur is every chance with the youth factor as he's a future DC player and they'll want to get the experience into him, but Ebden having a good run lately puts him in the frame also. Has to be one of those two.

Won't go to Santillan, you don't just come back into the fold and get the royal treatment. De Minaur is every chance with the youth factor as he's a future DC player and they'll want to get the experience into him, but Ebden having a good run lately puts him in the frame also. Has to be one of those two.

I had thought about Ebden but I think they will go with youth. He has also never really been a Tennis Australia favourite. I think it will be De Minaur.

From chocolates to boiled lollies for both De Minaur and Millman, both crashing out in their Challenger events in the first round. Saw the second half of Millman's match, he looked really flat, hope he is not injured again.

Barty through to round two in Toronto courtesy of a retirement from Dodin but Gavrilova lost to Strycovava in three sets.

I'm not sure but I do believe it's going to be on SBS.
good call. i hope streaming rights doesnt exclude bet365 from doing what they did this year at the French/Wimbledon.
SBS serves an ace with the US Open
The Grand Slam returns live and in HD to free-to-air TV SBS today announced that it has secured exclusive free-to-air broadcast rights for the US Open. In a partnership with ESPN, SBS’s US Open coverage will commence Wednesday 6 September, during the quarter finals stage. Played on hard courts in Queens, New York, the US Open is the final of the four annual tennis majors, wrapping up the year for the major tournaments. SBS will broadcast some of the biggest matches, live and free on SBS, SBS HD,as well as streamed live online.SBS Director of Sport, Ken Shipp said: “SBS has a proud heritage in bringing the best of international sport to Australian fans. The US Open is one of the iconic events on the sports calendar, and this deal sees the climax of the year ’s final Grand Slam returning live and free to all Australians.”

SBS’s coverage of the US Open will commence Wednesday 6 September on SBS and SBS HD, as well as streamed live online.
SBS US Open Schedule (TBC):
Wednesday 6 September
US Open Tennis Quarter-Finals
9.00am – 2.00pm AEST **Live to All**
Thursday 7 September
US Open Tennis Quarter-Finals
Friday 8 September
US Open Tennis Women’s Semi-finals
Saturday 9 September
US Open Tennis Men’s Semi-Finals
6:00am – 2.00pm AEST **Live to All**
Sunday 10 September
US Open Tennis Women’s Final
6.00am – 9.00am AEST **Live to All**
Monday 11 September
US Open Tennis Men’s Final
6.00am – 10.00 AEST **Live to All**
For more information, please contact:
Emma Losco
-
M: 0447 343 788 E:
emma.losco@sbs.com.au

From chocolates to boiled lollies for both De Minaur and Millman, both crashing out in their Challenger events in the first round. Saw the second half of Millman's match, he looked really flat, hope he is not injured again.

Barty through to round two in Toronto courtesy of a retirement from Dodin but Gavrilova lost to Strycovava in three sets.

sounds like a tough loss.

I saw Casey/Barty lost in the doubles as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back