Universal Love 2017 Awards Season

Right, due to unforseen circumstances and my own personal laziness this has slipped by the wayside. So, PotY and UPotY are incoming. Watch this space.

It's about time someone stole the POTY crown off me.
I can confirm - in 2017 we had a new award winner for PotY.

Due to the restrictions of time, I'm not going to post a week-by-week like we normally do. So what is going to happen is our top 3 will be posted, followed by the final vote tally.

And with that, in third place...

Sando22!

Sando's efforts during the week are much appreciated on the board, and he often provides a relatively cool head while the rest of us are over here going troppo. Also does bloody well considering he doesn't post on weekends, which probably says a lot about his job. Congratulations Sando!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

Due to the restrictions of time, I'm not going to post a week-by-week like we normally do. So what is going to happen is our top 3 will be posted, followed by the final vote tally.

Sando22!

Sando's efforts during the week are much appreciated on the board, and he often provides a relatively cool head while the rest of us are over here going troppo. Also does bloody well considering he doesn't post on weekends, which probably says a lot about his job. Congratulations Sando!
I "liked" both because I'm a big fan of Sando22 's work, and the fact the PotY isn't Topkent :D

Massive missed opportunity, should probably know better 27,000 deep!
I spend most of my time trying to snipe Main Board threads with snide remarks that will get 100+ likes. Who knew.

You say lazy LeverPuller I say visionary!

We've done it smarter than the AFL, they stuff it in GF week. But us, as the excitement for the upcoming season builds and posters return from their off season exile, we come together in a crescendo of celebration. Acknowledging the passion, the posting, the meltdowns and the raw abuse that makes this place special and...... Most of us slightly deranged.

Let the non vintage sparkling white burst forth!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Sando22!

Disrespectful end for a back 2 back champion..

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I had a suspension for a month for saying sucked in to Freo fans about hogan.
Worth it.
Clearly there is a lack of depth in your team. You need some decent alt-accounts who can step up and play a role.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Clearly there is a lack of depth in your team. You need some decent alt-accounts who can step up and play a role.

Nah I did try, I had MattJones69 for a day and then got banned again.
Frankly I'm a little hurt from all the hate. Never anything but gentle and kind to anyone on this board.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Nah I did try, I had MattJones69 for a day and then got banned again.
Frankly I'm a little hurt from all the hate. Never anything but gentle and kind to anyone on this board.
Yes I was a bit surprised that alt got banned so quickly when it was so cunningly disguised.

I suspect your kindness is actually your downfall. We’ve been discussing trading you to the Port board for pick 31.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yes I was a bit surprised that alt got banned so quickly when it was so cunningly disguised.

I suspect your kindness is actually your downfall. We’ve been discussing trading you to the Port board for pick 31.

It was some da vinci code style thought process and yet it was still cracked. Mods are crafty around here.

Fun analogy, who's the other Melbourne posters I'll be posting with at Port. Assuming it's Wonna Cowboyfromhell and DrWhooo

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It was some da vinci code style thought process and yet it was still cracked. Mods are crafty around here.

Fun analogy, who's the other Melbourne posters I'll be posting with at Port. Assuming it's Wonna Cowboyfromhell and DrWhooo
None of that lot deserve to be Jack Trengove

Best First Year Poster

This award goes to someone whose insight and eloquence brought a touch of class to both the Melbourne board and BF more broadly. His astute footy knowledge is a joy to read.

Congratulations to Bazza97 !

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Best First Year Poster

This award goes to someone whose insight and eloquence brought a touch of class to both the Melbourne board and BF more broadly. His astute footy knowledge is a joy to read.

Always enjoy Bazza97's posts!

Best First Year Poster

Wait!

I take back my vote that I didn't cast due to his avatar.

Second Place

This poster is a consistent contributer who isn't afraid to share the rage or celebrate the wins. Sometimes he can rub people the wrong way, but that doesn't dismiss his effort or thought.

Congratulations to schmuttt !

Back