Analysis 2017 B&F Analysis - Votes Per Game (+ More)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty poor result for Hampton. General consensus was that he was going ok but coaches clearly didn't rate him. Best game was 10 votes then nothing over 4 and 3 straight donuts to end his season. Delist material if he doesn't pick it up next year (and steer clear of injuries which he has not been able to do thus far unfortunately).
Yeah I agree, very poor finish. Worse than Seedsman in 2016, who I thought polled surprisingly poorly in that year. That said, he's not too far off Milera's result from last year, so there's room to work (if he can get his body right)

Should remove 1 game each for JJ (rd2) and Talia (rd5) due to injuries early in the First quarter
Talia would have a 6.17 average No change in 19
JJ would have a 7.3 average Jump 1 position to 12

What's the maximum possible votes per game?

It's a small thing but I think Keath did OK for a rookie.
Alex scored 6 votes against Geelong, more than Betts, McGovern, Otten and Cameron.

Did the coaches not see Harry Taylor kick five goals on him in a half of football :rolleyes:.

Any comment Marty....Marty, Marty .......where the hell are you Marty?

Probably the same as our medical team who passed him fit to play

Our selection crew are the biggest bed wetters of the lot. Would rather fail with an injured regular than put balls on the line and select outside of their continuity mantra. Continuity is nothing but a crutch for those that are comfortable losing, as long as there's no curly questions following it. Our club remains mired in that culture, Pyke is yet to show any inclination to address it.

Our selection crew are the biggest bed wetters of the lot. Would rather fail with an injured regular than put balls on the line and select outside of their continuity mantra. Continuity is nothing but a crutch for those that are comfortable losing, as long as there's no curly questions following it. Our club remains mired in that culture, Pyke is yet to show any inclination to address it.

Maybe you can argue that coherently in the GF, maybe.

But not in round 8. There was nothing wrong with JJ physically and the expected him to stand up and play. He wasn’t injured just like he wasn’t injured in 2016 finals

He is soooo soft people think there must be more to it.

Even the selectors appalled at his form wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of allowing his s**t form to be covered by injury, they sent him down to play sanfl; not hide behind an imaginary injury cloud

Alex scored 6 votes against Geelong, more than Betts, McGovern, Otten and Cameron.

Did the coaches not see Harry Taylor kick five goals on him in a half of football :rolleyes:.

Any comment Marty....Marty, Marty .......where the hell are you Marty?

Sounds like you want Keath to replace Lever he certainly has the runs on the board as you have pointed out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Kelly didn't rate higher. Had a great, breakout season

Seems really odd to me. The fact he played every game would suggest the coaches rate him, but his VPG were decidedly average.

Also, if I'm reading those stats right, Tex truly is our barometer. How do we get him more involved next season? Hopefully it is just a injury issue, and he should be better next season.

I for one would love to see him push higher up the ground. His I50 kicks are actually more damaging than his goal kicking imo.

Sounds like you want Keath to replace Lever he certainly has the runs on the board as you have pointed out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, I want him to replace Alex Rance as captain of the All Australian team:D.

I think Keath’s best position is centre half back. I would play Talia at full back and Hartigan as the third tall. He has shown he can play on talls and smalls and can play the third man up role. Whoever replaces Lever will take fewer intercept marks but hopefully they will not give away as many goals. Not only did Lever struggle one on one but he also leaked goals by attempting intercepts marks, allowing the ball to slip through goalside and this resulted in some cringeworthy goals.

That leaves Doedee, Gibson or Douglas to replacie Brodie Smith. They are all different players to Brodie but there is no like-for-like to replace Brodie. I am less keen to use the SEED or BNM on the half back line.

Maybe you can argue that coherently in the GF, maybe.

But not in round 8. There was nothing wrong with JJ physically and the expected him to stand up and play. He wasn’t injured just like he wasn’t injured in 2016 finals

He is soooo soft people think there must be more to it.

Even the selectors appalled at his form wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of allowing his s**t form to be covered by injury, they sent him down to play sanfl; not hide behind an imaginary injury cloud

His tests would have been touching for pain, "nah, that's fine", running, kicking, catching and a few collisions where he could fully protect himself in advance. But, none of that is opening up his body for unknown impact and whilst JJ's body was physically fit, because he's so soft, he wasn't mentally ready at all. I remember posting that he needed to prove he was over the injury in the SANFL because he's not a player that can just grit teeth and push through physical or mental barriers. We actually agree, no doubt he was physically fine to go, but mentally he was shot. Piss weak by him and the coaches who should have known better and brought him back via the 2's.

His tests would have been touching for pain, "nah, that's fine", running, kicking, catching and a few collisions where he could fully protect himself in advance. But, none of that is opening up his body for unknown impact and whilst JJ's body was physically fit, because he's so soft, he wasn't mentally ready at all. I remember posting that he needed to prove he was over the injury in the SANFL because he's not a player that can just grit teeth and push through physical or mental barriers. We actually agree, no doubt he was physically fine to go, but mentally he was shot. Piss weak by him and the coaches who should have known better and brought him back via the 2's.

I guess that’s the thing. It’s not the coaching team who contracts players

How much ground are they prepared to give to a player’s mental softness?

Seems anathema to me that the guys who are trying to train and prepare warriors to bleed for the team have to then almost second guess a guys softness

Seems really odd to me. The fact he played every game would suggest the coaches rate him, but his VPG were decidedly average.

Also, if I'm reading those stats right, Tex truly is our barometer. How do we get him more involved next season? Hopefully it is just a injury issue, and he should be better next season.

I for one would love to see him push higher up the ground. His I50 kicks are actually more damaging than his goal kicking imo.

Need to get him fit first.

Touched on this in another thread, he’s come back from his ACL but has struggled with that foot of his the past 2 seasons now.

Really need him and Talia 100% right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back