2017 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Smart and highly skilled but doesn't have the body to stand up as a midfielder during tough contested games. On the flipside has 400 odd career goals and is perhaps the best small forward we've ever had sans Matera. Is now 28 and slowing needs to go where he'll pose a constant scoring threat.

Yep he has to stay in the F50. He is a good foil for JK in a way as he is a decent lead up target for his size and of course he does well in the forward pocket. I want us to switch his role with Cripps...but the only thing that concerns me is we might miss Cripps's forward pressure up front.

Yep he has to stay in the F50. He is a good foil for JK in a way as he is a decent lead up target for his size and of course he does well in the forward pocket. I want us to switch his role with Cripps...but the only thing that concerns me is we might miss Cripps's forward pressure up front.

Its all about our midfield. You can carry an extra attacking forward if you are comfortable with the supply and the threat of slingshot rebound is low.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gorter gets a go this year. I think he's the ideal third defender.

Smart and highly skilled but doesn't have the body to stand up as a midfielder during tough contested games. On the flipside has 400 odd career goals and is perhaps the best small forward we've ever had sans Matera. Is now 28 and slowing needs to go where he'll pose a constant scoring threat.
He turns 31 this year.

Saw this on Facebook:

According to Fox Footy this is what they believe the Eagles BEST 22 will look like in 2017, thoughts ?

B: Tom Barrass, Will Schofield, Shannon Hurn

HB: Sharrod Wellingham, Jeremy McGovern, Brad Sheppard

C: Andrew Gaff, Sam Mitchell, Chris Masten(c)

HF: Elliot Yeo, Jack Darling, Mark LeCras

F: Jamie Cripps, Josh Kennedy, Josh Hill

FOLL: Scott Lycett, Matt Priddis, Luke Shuey

I/C: Mark Hutchings, Dom Sheed, Drew Petrie, Lewis Jetta

EMG: Liam Duggan, Jack Redden, Eric Mackenzie

out: hutch in: duggan
Saw this on Facebook:

According to Fox Footy this is what they believe the Eagles BEST 22 will look like in 2017, thoughts ?

I still for some reason get more erect over the idea of Vardy instead of Petrie on the interchange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on Facebook:

3 brownlow medalist in one midfield :openmouth:

I still for some reason get more erect over the idea of Vardy instead of Petrie on the interchange.
Vardy's a studly looking bloke so no one would blame you ;)

In all seriousness though I think a fit Vardy could be a massive X-factor for the team, especially in the absence of NN. Not comparing him to the great ruckman, but I think he could provide a valuable dimension to the forward line. COULD.

Much to anticipate in the early part of the season - the Mitchell effect; the Giles/Vardy/Petrie balance and also Lycett upon his return; the Gov/Barrass/Schofield/Ezy race; and Rioli's effect on the LeCras/Hill/Cripps dynamic. Oh, and of course whether Masten trades in the wings for some royal rags.

It's exciting. How many more sleeps? :drunk:

Last edited:
Vardy's a studly looking bloke so no one would blame you ;)

In all seriousness though I think a fit Vardy could be a massive X-factor for the team, especially in the absence of NN. Not comparing him to the great ruckman, but I think he could provide a valuable dimension to the forward line. COULD.

Much to anticipate in the early part of the season - the Mitchell effect; the Giles/Vardy/Petrie balance and also Lycett upon his return; the Gov/Barrass/Schofield/Ezy race; and Rioli's effect on the LeCras/Hill/Cripps dynamic. Oh, and of course whether Masten trades in the wings for some royal rags.

It's exciting. How many more sleeps? :drunk:
I think i read something like 73 days? Not long really, but it is a long time to hold an erection.

I agree, exciting times. I am very optimistic about our chances next season if a few things click and fall our way.

Saw this on Facebook:

First Masten joke to make me crack a smile

Saw this on Facebook:

As soon as I saw the (c) next to Mastens name I knew this was a troll.:huh:

And if Worsfold were still coach:

C: Andrew Gaff, Sam Mitchell, Tom Lamb

HF: Elliot Yeo, Fraser McInness, Jack Darling,

F: Mark LeCras, Josh Kennedy, Nathan Vardy

I/C: Eric MacKenzie, Dom Sheed, Drew Petrie, Jack Redden

EMG: J Giles, M Allen, Rotham, Naitanui:D

As soon as I saw the (c) next to Mastens name I knew this was a troll.:huh:

Why wouldn't the best Brownlow Medalist of the three in the midfield be the captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back