B: Wellingham - Barrass - Watson
HB: Sheppard - McGovern - Nelson
C: Jetta - Priddis - Gaff
HF: Venables - Darling - Cripps
F: LeCras - Kennedy - Rioli

R: Naitanui - Mitchell - Shuey
I/C: Lycett - Sheed - Yeo - Cole

E: Duggan - Hutchings - Vardy
You're projecting a lot of major injuries there - Hurn, Emac, Masten, Butler, Hill.

Still it would be awesome if one of Venables or Rioli forced their way in by then.

Thought it would be fun to project our lineup going into the finals:

B: Wellingham - Barrass - Watson
HB: Sheppard - McGovern - Nelson
C: Jetta - Priddis - Gaff
HF: Venables - Darling - Cripps
F: LeCras - Kennedy - Rioli

R: Naitanui - Mitchell - Shuey
I/C: Lycett - Sheed - Yeo - Cole

E: Duggan - Hutchings - Vardy
Watson ain't playing this year. Hurn?

as exciting as watto is. He needs to improve his skills and decision making and also put 4 quarters. He will be exciting and can see him pushing for debut later in the season.

I think and hope that he settles for you this year. His best is very good.

Sinclair, on the other hand, is slipping further behind in our ruck rankings. I think you'll have the last laugh on that deal.
Jury was out on Stinklair during all of '15. The momentum we lost when he went in the ruck was remarkable. Probably would only want him playing ahead of Petrie over here, but even then Petrie brings so much more smarts and football nous than old mate Stinklair.

Strange how people are talking like Watson died in the ass after half time.

It was pretty obvious Peel chucked someone on him to nullify his output. Every time he went near it in the 2nd half he got bummed by his opponent, yet all i've heard since half time was how he didn't put in 4 quarters. He was allowed absolutely no space after running amok in the first.

Deserves a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're projecting a lot of major injuries there - Hurn, Emac, Masten, Butler, Hill.

Still it would be awesome if one of Venables or Rioli forced their way in by then.

Forgot Hurn. It won't necessarily take injuries to displace Mackenzie, Masten, Butler or Hill. Butler in particular seems to be set for EP in round one.

I reckon pending reasonable form and fitness we will try and find a way to squeeze Rioli and Venables in this year and Masten and Hill are probably the most expendable in those positions.

If Nelson is in then it's 1-2 of Mackenzie, Barrass and Schofield.

And 1-2 of Hill, Hutchings and Butler.

3 players in total from the six I've mentioned.

Best guess is no changes to the team that played Melbourne.

I suppose that Giles for Petrie is the other potential change.
yeah I think there wont be any changes from the Dees JTL match.
no one in last nights WAFL games stood up to warrant selection.

I actually agree with Simmo in giving Emac another chance for Barass.
And the reason is I think Emac has finally come good from his recovery.
Was a bit naive to think last year he would be great after no preseason.

He looked back to his best and taking contested marks like old days.

Same time I don't think Barass has been good and for a young guy like him he needs to prove and not get complacent. I think he will break his way into the side at some point so not worried.

Schofield is a interesting one as I like him but Nelson seems to be going up a level and would be taking his spot. Be an interesting battle between those two and Butler for that one spot in the backline.

Giles wont take Petries spot as he was shithouse last night.
Hutchings plays rnd 1 as does Hill. They have been ok in JLT

players missing only have themselves to blame for not performing in WAFL last night.

I want to recant my call for Giles to play in round 1.

I vote for Vardy and an inanimate carbon rod to play as ruckmen.
So Vardy and McInnes then?

I actually agree with Simmo in giving Emac another chance for Barass.
And the reason is I think Emac has finally come good from his recovery.
Was a bit naive to think last year he would be great after no preseason.

He looked back to his best and taking contested marks like old days.

Same time I don't think Barass has been good and for a young guy like him he needs to prove and not get complacent. I think he will break his way into the side at some point so not worried.
I don't get this logic at all.

We've got one of the most exciting young KPDs in the game with the ability to chop off repeat entries and spoil like few other players are capable of. His work last year was excellent. Why mess with that?

I also question that Mackenzie is anywhere near his best, which was a crazily high level a few years back.

Vardy is just overall more dangerous than Giles and so is Petrie.

We can afford to lose the hitouts with our full complement of midfielders, what we cannot afford is to have a plodding ruckman who is constantly outworked accross the ground.

Petrie and Vardy offer more forward presence

I don't get this logic at all.

We've got one of the most exciting young KPDs in the game with the ability to chop off repeat entries and spoil like few other players are capable of. His work last year was excellent. Why mess with that?

I also question that Mackenzie is anywhere near his best, which was a crazily high level a few years back.
Because selection is based on today and always will be. McKenzie has been better in the lead up to 2017 and had a fantastic pre season beating midfielder's in time trials ect. He has his pace back and strength in the legs.
Barrass has been a bit quite, proibally went a bit too hard in the gym as he hasnt been running as smoothly in the JTL and needs to go back find some form. Its very close between those two.
New year and players go through patches. Eric isn't finished and we could see that form that won him a best and fairest two years ago.
Last year was about finding confidence in the knee. This year is about getting back to his peak level. At his best his the best defender in the game and can stop all forwards. Having him back will be a great thing. Barass is just going to have to earn his spot this year.

Because selection is based on today and always will be. McKenzie has been better in the lead up to 2017 and had a fantastic pre season beating midfielder in time trials ect.
Barrass has been a bit quite and needs to go back find some form.
New year and players go through patches. Eric isn't finished and we could see that form that won him a best and fairest two years ago.
Last year was about finding confidence in the knee. This year is about getting back to his peak level. At his best his the best defender in the game and can stop all forwards. Having him back will be a great thing. Barass is just going to have to earn his spot this year.
Arguably. He's probably played one good game, the rest haven't been anything special. Missed about every target by hand.

We are repeating the mistakes from last season.

You mean how he did last year when McKenzie was absolutely rubbish? Barrass has earned his spot as a best 22 backman and should be in the round 1 side. It's McKenzie who should have to earn his spot through the WAFL this year. Simpson has a bad habit of gifting undeserved games to veterans just because they're veterans and persisting with them far too long when they're out of form, Selwood in 2015, Jetta, McKenzie, Lecras & Redden last year.

Because selection is based on today and always will be. McKenzie has been better in the lead up to 2017 and had a fantastic pre season beating midfielder's in time trials ect. He has his pace back and strength in the legs.
Barrass has been a bit quite, proibally went a bit too hard in the gym as he hasnt been running as smoothly in the JTL and needs to go back find some form. Its very close between those two.
He isn't worthy to wipe McGoverns ass. The true best defender in the game. Was. Past tense. He definitely isn't any more.

You mean how he did last year when McKenzie was absolutely rubbish? Barrass has earned his spot as a best 22 backman and should be in the round 1 side. It's McKenzie who should have to earn his spot through the WAFL this year. Simpson has a bad habit of gifting undeserved games to veterans just because they're veterans and persisting with them far too long when they're out of form, Selwood in 2015, Jetta, McKenzie, Lecras & Redden last year.

Difference is McKenzie was coming back from a knee reco. Was out all 2015 as he did it in pre season. He was underdone and I remember he had a few set backs in the off season of 2016 which put him behind the eightball in getting his body right for the 2016 season.

We found Barrass which was a blessing.

This year is different though as McKenzie is back and has had a full preseason for the first time looks to have his confidence back in the leg. He can jump again.

If Mckenzie comes good we can have the luxury of bring Barrass in and using Gov as swingman.

Basically it will make us stronger.

I like McKenzie fullback
Barrass CHB

Gov roaming the ground everywhere when needed.

Difference is McKenzie was coming back from a knee reco. Was out all 2015 as he did it in pre season. He was underdone and I remember he had a few set backs in the off season of 2016 which put him behind the eightball in getting his body right for the 2016 season.

We found Barrass which was a blessing.

This year is different though as McKenzie is back and has had a full preseason for the first time looks to have his confidence back in the leg. He can jump again.

If Mckenzie comes good we can have the luxury of bring Barrass in and using Gov as swingman.

Basically it will make us stronger.

I like McKenzie fullback
Barrass CHB

Gov roaming the ground everywhere when needed.
Im a massive emac fan but he was only good in the last game and wasn't convincing. Barrass imo had a better first game and second game. Emac should not be given a free ride and made to earn his way into the team. His confidence was wrecked last year and even when he went to WAFL, he looked shaky. He needs to build his form ad confidence through EP first.

Im a massive emac fan but he was only good in the last game and wasn't convincing. Barrass imo had a better first game and second game. Emac should not be given a free ride and made to earn his way into the team. His confidence was wrecked last year and even when he went to WAFL, he looked shaky. He needs to build his form ad confidence through EP first.

Why not just play both. Go with the plan we wanted all along.

Emac FB
Barrass CHB
Gov Swingman

Problem solved.

Round 1 go with

Wellingham Emac Shepard
Hurn Barrass Yeo/Gov

Jetta Priddis Gaff

Vardy Mitchell Shuey

Gov/Yeo Darling Cripps
Lecras Kennedy Hill

Interchange Hutchings Nelson Petrie Masten