2017 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

If Eric lines up rnd 1 and make no mistake he will cost us the game v Norf with a number if his clangers.

Beggars belief that we seem to be going down this path again. Speechless.

If Eric lines up rnd 1 and make no mistake he will cost us the game v Norf with a number if his clangers.

I think i'd still prefer Schofield over Mackenzie.

Personally i think he's still a liability. Just not playing with confidence and his disposal certainly isn't convincing.
Let's get around Mackenzie if he is selected, send him all of our positive energy and support.

Best 22 player overlooked in favour of a player (Mitch Brown - 2013, Scot Lycett (and 3 rucks) - 2014, Scot Selwood - 2015, Emac - 2017?) out of contract at seasons end.

Do you mean the above path Biggie?

Best 22 player overlooked in favour of a player (Mitch Brown - 2013, Scot Lycett (and 3 rucks) - 2014, Scot Selwood - 2015, Emac - 2017?) out of contract at seasons end.

Do you mean the above path Biggie?
Not following?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not following?

Emac would leave at the end of this year if he end up playing WAFL. Think they want to keep him beyond this year (we would not get much in return anyway) and thats probably why he might be getting a game ahead of Barass. Same reason why we played Cox, Naitanui and Lycett in the same team in 2014 when Lycett of out of contract at the end of that year.

Emac would leave at the end of this year if he end up playing WAFL. Think they want to keep him beyond this year (we would not get much in return anyway) and thats probably why he might be getting a game ahead of Barass. Same reason why we played Cox, Naitanui and Lycett in the same team in 2014 when Lycett of out of contract at the end of that year.
That's ridiculous. If he's not good enough to make the team now who gives a * if he leaves.

Yeah he's not worth much but so what he'll get his chance(s) throughout the season when injuries inevitably occur and then if he still doesn't perform he is no loss anyway

Surely Barrass will be selected ahead of Mackenzie if it's 1 or the other????

He's younger, almost as good 1 on 1 defending, better intercept mark and much better disposer of the ball and decision maker

No brainier I would've thought
Doesn't seem that way does it.

Surely Barrass will be selected ahead of Mackenzie if it's 1 or the other????

He's younger, almost as good 1 on 1 defending, better intercept mark and much better disposer of the ball and decision maker

No brainier I would've thought
It is a no brainer but we've made plenty of really f****** stupid team selections over the last few years so picking McKenzie over Barrass wouldn't really be a massive surprise

You're projecting a lot of major injuries there - Hurn, Emac, Masten, Butler, Hill.

Still it would be awesome if one of Venables or Rioli forced their way in by then.
I would be surprised if Venables plays AFL this year. Think the Club is taking it slowly as not much point in getting re-injured. Also seeing as he hasn't had much of a pre-season, would his fitness levels be up to speed for AFL?

Think it's more likely that they might play both Mckenzie and Barrass than one or the other

A forward line of Waite, Brown and a resting ruckman (Daw or Goldstein) may tempt the match committee to go with three talls with an underdone Schofield being left out

That's ridiculous. If he's not good enough to make the team now who gives a **** if he leaves.

Yeah he's not worth much but so what he'll get his chance(s) throughout the season when injuries inevitably occur and then if he still doesn't perform he is no loss anyway

Yes I totally agree. Brown who desperately wanted out during 2012 trade period end up signing a 3 year deal a few weeks into 2013 season after he got regular games. He eventually played 19 games (highest since 2009) that year. Lycett played 12 games (highest he ever played in a year up to that point) in 2014. Why would anyone play an underdone Scot Selwood in 13 games in 2015?

I would be surprised if Venables plays AFL this year. Think the Club is taking it slowly as not much point in getting re-injured. Also seeing as he hasn't had much of a pre-season, would his fitness levels be up to speed for AFL?
Simpson has nominated Venables along with Rioli as draftees that could play this year

Venables has said in an interview that he's on reduced minutes in games but is doing extra work on the track to build his fitness base

Provided he doesn't have any injury setback there's every chance he might get a game or two in the back half of the year

Think it's more likely that they might play both Mckenzie and Barrass than one or the other

A forward line of Waite, Brown and a resting ruckman (Daw or Goldstein) may tempt the match committee to go with three talls with an underdone Schofield being left out
I would have no problems in lining up with Yeo on Waite so happy to stay with Gov and one of eMac or Barrass.

Don't forget that Etihad is a fast deck and "I feel the need for speed"
upload_2017-3-19_21-6-45.png

I hope simmo does the smart thing and pump games into emac. Needs practise at AFL lvl to get with the pace. The upside of emac is too good to pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back