Toast 2017 Best and Fairest (& Other Awards) - Congratulations Clayton Oliver (Spoiled By Trac)

Who Wins This Seasons Best and Fairest

• Nathan Jones (3x)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Viney (1x)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Bernie Vince (1x)

• Christian Petracca

• Jordan Lewis

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 54 76.1%
  • Michael Hibberd

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Tom McDonald

• Oscar McDonald

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jayden Hunt

• Neville Jetta

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Jeff Garlett

• Alex Neal-Bullen

• Dom Tyson

• Jake Melksham

• Mitch Hannan

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a big fan but he definitely gets overrated in the voting, think Jones does as well tbh.
Yeah I love both but it'd be nice to see players who were more consistent get some recognition. Was thinking the same about Jones

My opinion was that
1. Oliver
2. Hibberd
3. Jetta
4. Tmac
5. Garlett

For about 8 weeks at the end of the year the melky bar kid should have been top 5.

Jordan Lewis being that high was a joke, I'm guessing his consistency earned him a spot because he got 2nd at the Hawks last year and they thought he had dropped off

Also Jackson Redvers at 21st. He's not coming back.
obviously Goody isnt a fan but that's just a joke. Was one of our better players up until he got injured. Lewis finishing 3rd is laughable, no wonder we didnt make finals and don't know what Tom McDonald has done wrong he deserved to be top 5. just shows how irrelevant B+F votes are I guess.

It's a s**t voting system (4 match committee members score each players individual game from 0-10). I reckon they'd get sucked into weighting scores for different players based on their expectation, rather than looking at who the players with the most impact for the day were.

Should have 4-6 people give out 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 votes for each match.

obviously Goody isnt a fan but that's just a joke. Was one of our better players up until he got injured. Lewis finishing 3rd is laughable, no wonder we didnt make finals and don't know what Tom McDonald has done wrong he deserved to be top 5. just shows how irrelevant B+F votes are I guess.
Yeah not wanting to say the n-word but it's almost reminiscent of Neeld placing both Matt Jones & Terlich. Like the club can have its idea of what makes a good season or player but when there's such a gap to how they actually went it looks a bit pedantic

I'd imagine the votes are more to do with carrying out their role(s) during the game. So while Watts may have done a few cute things and overall been okay, if he'd been asked to run around, pressure, lay tackles etc, the coaches would likely not have given him as high a mark as someone watching the game.

Lewis though... just assuming that's a symptom of bringing an experienced 4-time Premiership player into the fold. The way he eats breakfast and reads the morning paper would be worth 40 B&F votes alone.

He was 6th at round 14 - missing 6 games and playing poorly in the back half of the year doesnt help with how our votes are recorded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B&F's are funny with how different all the voting systems are. With the way ours is, its more like a "Most improved" award.

Lewis is a joke. Must have been part of his contract so they had to squeeze him in.

B&F's are funny with how different all the voting systems are. With the way ours is, its more like a "Most improved" award.

Lewis is a joke. Must have been part of his contract so they had to squeeze him in.

Or maybe he was given lock down specific roles which he completed perfectly?

Maybe he did jobs that freed up Hibberd? But as fans we only notice the dashing possession happy player

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Or maybe he was given lock down specific roles which he completed perfectly?

Maybe he did jobs that freed up Hibberd? But as fans we only notice the dashing possession happy player

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lol, well the butchered kicks and inability to pressure or tackle after the 3rd quarter he executed perfectly :D

Casey does the b n f the same way. Always found it weird that every player on the ground gets a score
Just do it like normal with the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

SO I crunched the numbers for points per game:
  • Hibberb climbs to 4th
  • Watts stays at 21st

The thing I found amusing about our points system is that if you have 4 coaches giving marks of 0 to 10 each game, it seems like the vast majority of our side were scored at an average of 3/10 for the year. Guess our half time team talks were "You're playing badly, you're playing badly, and you're playing badly, and you're ******* useless. Clarry... solid mate, solid."

I get the feeling future Best and Fairests are just going to be dominated between Clarry and Viney. Both have already achieved so much at their respective ages, i can only imagine what it'll be like when they're in their prime

Hibberd's missing the first few games didn't help his finishing position. Plays those and easily makes top 3-5.

Well done Clarry!! Now back it up, son. Impressive that even Viney struggled to match his training standards, apparently. This kid could be anything if he attacks the rest of his footballing career with the mindset he's shown this year. I love the fact he got into a number of high profile verbal's and physical altercation's this season. This kid doesn't take a backward step and he's got the game to back it up. Exactly what we need.

Adding to the chorus of those dumbfounded by AA Hibberd placing #6th. Thought he was better than Lewis, N. Jones and probably Jetta.

Back