Fantasy 2017 - BFFFL Discussion (and 2016 hangovers)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you picked up Jimmy G ey?

Acquiring a potential franchise quarterback will put any fanbase into a frenzy.
But hold your roars: The latest deal for such player might not actually put him on the field for a while.

That's the word from San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan, who met with reporters Wednesday to discuss the franchise's acquisition of Jimmy Garoppolo via trade with the New England Patriots.

"I can't promise you guys that he'll play this year," Shanahan said of Garoppolo on Wednesday. "I know that we have a guy that we're excited about, and I know has the ability to help us and help this team in the future. That's what I mean by 'well we didn't do this just to save this year.'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ahan-49ers-might-not-play-garoppolo-this-year
At least that was exactly what I expected with only a slim chance he would even play next year as I picked him up before the trade. Anyone who picked him up thinking he was going to produce for them this year will be disappointed (and stupid). It took Matt Ryan a year to learn the playbook.

God. Some of the wins I've had this year scoring sweet FA, and I go down this week with 99.
Coming up against 7-1 when he has six players on bye plus Fournette was a nice touch.

Actually across my three leagues I faced teams holding Brady x2 and Rivers x1, plus Gronk x2, which was very helpful all around.

Anyone who feels they are out of the running and wants to stash injured keepers for the rest of the year, the Blazin Asians have the following available

RB
Thompson
Johnson
Jones

WR
Pryor SR

Going for a title tilt so want active players in return

This week was Doug Martin's last chance I think. He has been rubbish regardless of match-up after his first start.

My exposure to Martin, Diggs, Parker and their ilk has hurt a lot of my teams this season. Diggs is going to move into the same only if you have to draft category with Jordan Reed etc I think. Too many injuries and worse he can't play through them at all.

Well with 9 minutes left and Atlanta with the ball I am not sure that second point is coming.
I want:
  • Wilson to score 11 more points (unlikely), or
  • Ryan to outscore Coleman by five points from here to maintain my playoff position in my cash league, plus
  • Jones to not get five more points in CT.
What a tightrope.

Well with 9 minutes left and Atlanta with the ball I am not sure that second point is coming.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want:
  • Wilson to score 11 more points (unlikely), or
  • Ryan to outscore Coleman by five points from here to maintain my playoff position in my cash league, plus
  • Jones to not get five more points in CT.
What a tightrope.

Two out of three! (Drew the cash league, won CT.)

What's the playoff structure? ESPN is showing top 8 with playoffs in weeks 15 to 17.

Assuming drd23 holds on, it looks like the top 8 is settled with everyone 8-6 and better making it in.

I just had a look at the team that won me the GF in 2015

Texans D/ST, Hou D/ST@Ten
W 34-6 19
Mike Evans, TB WR Chi
L 21-26 6
Denard Robinson, Jax RB @NO
L 27-38 7
Matt Forte, NYJ RB NE
W 26-20 7
Antonio Gates, SD TE @Oak
L 20-23 1
Josh Brown, NYG K @Min
L 17-49 5
Tim Hightower, NO RB Jax
W 38-27 28
Carson Palmer, Ari QB GB
W 38-8 16
Dorial Green-Beckham, Ten WR Hou
L 6-34 0
TOTAL 89

I honestly have no idea how I made the finals with that lot and then won the lot. Looks like a s**t show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back