Player Sponsorship 2017 BigFooty NMFC Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello North Melbourne BigFooty family.

It's that time yet again.

For the last two years since taking over these duties from the hall of famer kangalover, we have successfully sponsored two players each year, and multiple BigFooty North board regulars who pledged got some great rewards, such as training with the team, attending the Syd Barker, signed guernseys, etc!

Decision to make
In 2017 we have a decision to make, since the price to sponsor players has gone up (and not insignificantly, either).

Continuing our sponsorship of Majak Daw will cost us $2,750, and adding a second player will cost us $2,350 (or $1,750 for a rookie/first year player).

Last year it cost us $3,980 to sponsor two players, and we just hit this figure near the end of the deadline. This year to sponsor two players it's going to cost us either $5,100 or $4,500 depending on which way we choose to go, and as such it's a bigger target for us to hit.

I need your thoughts on how we should proceed; do we aim for two players like we've done annually for a long time, or do we scale it back to one player?

Complicating this issue, we cannot choose to sponsor one player now and then add in a second player at a later date if we're smashing our fundraising pledge target; we need to lock in our player sponsorships in the coming weeks.

Pledges and Benefits
Without further ado, I am now calling for pledges for the 2017 Player Sponsorships! Simply respond to this thread with how much you'd like to pledge (preferably in increments of $50) to register your interest - most of you have been doing this for years so you know what's involved!

Pledges will be due to be paid to me by 30 March 2017.

Here are the details for this year's program:

PER PLAYER SPONSORED:
  • An invitation to two (2) events during the year to meet your sponsored player
  • Two (2) tickets to attend the 2017 Syd Barker Medal
  • Player Jumper Club members, will have access to two (2) change room passes to one (1) home or away game in Melbourne
  • Player Jumper Club members, will receive a home match-issued guernsey signed by your player (guernsey size will replicate that worn by your sponsored player)
  • Two (2) level 2 Premiership Club tickets for one (1) home game in Melbourne
  • Certificate endorsing your 2017 membership
  • Recognition on the club website
Last year I trialed a system for the giveaways where when we had two tickets to something (like pre-game room passes or the Syd Barker), I gave it to two different player sponsors. That didn't work ideally, so this year winners will win themselves a double pass, meaning they can take a friend with them.

But that's not all! In previous years, every player sponsor who contributed $100 or more got a Premium Platinum BigFooty membership for 1 year, and a cool and sexy badge identifying them as a player sponsor! If you contribute $50, you'll get a Premium Gold BigFooty membership (and the badge)

What I need from you is to reply to this thread with;
a) Your pledges/confirmations of participation for 2017; and
b) Your suggestion on whether we should sponsor just one player (Majak Daw) or aim to hit the goal for two players, noting that if we go for two players, we'll need more sponsors/bigger pledges than in previous years.

Thanks all!

YYfEjWVqZ6NDG.gif

$50 please

Can we just sponsor two first year players instead? Costing $3500.

Our two new favourites, Larkey & Junker?

By the way, im in again.

Also love that the prices have been significantly raised, yet the return is exactly the same. Chop out some extra change room passes or something ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone considering delaying their pledge we've been informed that most other club BF boards have already finalised their player sponsorship rallys and we need to get a move on.

For anyone considering delaying their pledge we've been informed that most other club BF boards have already finalised their player sponsorship rallys and we need to get a move on.

32VuUZWdixwDN5Tl7g1LX_pSWkBdV-KVklu_t0Z32Na6oLaQ35mWvQL4DEpIDGgBKcP_SEH8=w290-h218-nc

.... for $50 :thumbsu:

Put me down for $50. Also agree with the goal of sponsoring two "player of the futures" rather than Maj + memberships. Especially since this category features Durdin, Preuss, Fordham, Wagner, Two Dads and others

I'm back on-board this year! Put me in for $50.

Can I give you my thoughts on your asks?

I think we should go for one player, but continue to fundraise past that total. Any extra money could be put towards something club related. It could even be used to purchase Chairman function tickets/etc, for which we could raffle off to BF members? Money goes to the club, and each BF sponsor has a chance at a premium match-day event?

I think it's a bad move giving the dual tickets to a single winner. I was lucky enough to win a ticket to the players meet-and-greet a few years back, and had a great time meeting some fellow BF posters. I think if you don't split the tickets, it effectively halves your chance of getting access to these events.

Anyway, thanks Chadwiko for organizing!

I think it's a bad move giving the dual tickets to a single winner. I was lucky enough to win a ticket to the players meet-and-greet a few years back, and had a great time meeting some fellow BF posters. I think if you don't split the tickets, it effectively halves your chance of getting access to these events.
I think it depends on what it is. For example, with the pre-game room pass - it kinda ruins it if you only get one ticket since most people don't go to the footy alone and you have to get there early so it just makes it logistically awkward if you have a pass and your partner/friend/whoever doesn't. Whereas for Syd Barker, because it is the most hotly contested of the prizes, I think the tickets should be split up so as to increase chances for people to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back