2017 Byes

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is gold Coasts bye?

I go to supercoach and see which one of my players have the byes and it doesn't show when Gold Coast have theirs.

Same when I look at the fixture in supercoach (round 11, 12 and 13)

Don't Gold Coast have a bye this year? :drunk:
Round 9 with port

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is round 12 best 18? Might try loading up on some rd 12 premos to maximize numbers for rounds 11 and 13.
Have been thinking about it for awhile and am sure there is some sort of 'loophole' method of using rd 9 and 12 bye players to get leg up over the rest of the comp. When I work out how to do it I will let you know that I have worked it out, but I wont tell you how to do it!;)

elMM

Cancelled
Nov 2, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
thebeesharps
I am not concerned by the bye rounds;
- Port and GC's early bye can help to smooth over the byes by trading in premos or holding onto mid pricers
- The reduction in number of players counted to your score last year has reduced the need for a meaningful bye strategy
- I think selecting players based in their bye is a poor idea at the start of the season. You should select players who will be top 8 in their position, represent value (most likely traded to fallen premo during the byes) or cash cows. Thinking about byes may lead to incorrect selections and costly trades to correct.

My strategy is to trade in premos around the bye rounds and leave it at that. It has worked for last 2 years

Pay no attention to byes until I start trading, because my team always changes massively between round 1 and the byes.

Grab GC and Port keepers so I have bonus players in the actual bye weeks, but at most one per line given there's no special handling for those players.

Suckers, i sorted out my bye structures over a year ago..

4P7InZ.gif

As I said in another thread this year I'll be planning pretty heavily for the byes. Rookies don't matter as they will be culled without a second thought, and most likely won't still be in my team by the time they are due for a bye. I only care about planning ahead for the premiums/midpricers

Round 9 bye- Gold Coast and port. As it will still be a normal round It's better that I start with only players that I deem are absolutely necessary, because for each port and GC player I have to bench in this round I'll have to cop a rookie score in their place likely costing me 40~ish points. Even more importantly, if any of my rookies have been dropped or injured by this stage, it will make it much less likely that I'll cop a donut, or be forced to sideways trade a premium to avoid one.

So I'll only start with players that I feel have the scoring potential outweigh this penalty. For me right now that's Ryder and Swallow. At most im prepared to allow one in the defence, 2 in the mids, and one in the forward line. Any more than that and I'll be relying on having every single rookie playing on that line in order to avoid a donut.

then Between rounds 9-11 I'll be looking to stock my team with any fallen premos from these 2 clubs, and pick up any rookies on the bubble, which will make navigating the three main bye rounds much easier. I'd love to get 2 players from this list if they are at a good price.
  • Pittard
  • Ablett
  • Gray
  • Wines
  • Lynch
  • Wingard
From there it's just a case of keeping the premiums for the other bye rounds spread relatively evenly to avoid donuts. round 13 looks to be the stinker, as I already have 7 premiums from clubs with this bye.

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
As I said in another thread this year I'll be planning pretty heavily for the byes. Rookies don't matter as they will be culled without a second thought, and most likely won't still be in my team by the time they are due for a bye. I only care about planning ahead for the premiums/midpricers

Round 9 bye- Gold Coast and port. As it will still be a normal round It's better that I start with only players that I deem are absolutely necessary, because for each port and GC player I have to bench in this round I'll have to cop a rookie score in their place likely costing me 40~ish points. Even more importantly, if any of my rookies have been dropped or injured by this stage, it will make it much less likely that I'll cop a donut, or be forced to sideways trade a premium to avoid one.

So I'll only start with players that I feel have the scoring potential outweigh this penalty. For me right now that's Ryder and Swallow. At most im prepared to allow one in the defence, 2 in the mids, and one in the forward line. Any more than that and I'll be relying on having every single rookie playing on that line in order to avoid a donut.

then Between rounds 9-11 I'll be looking to stock my team with any fallen premos from these 2 clubs, and pick up any rookies on the bubble, which will make navigating the three main bye rounds much easier. I'd love to get 2 players from this list if they are at a good price.
  • Pittard
  • Ablett
  • Gray
  • Wines
  • Lynch
  • Wingard
From there it's just a case of keeping the premiums for the other bye rounds spread relatively evenly to avoid donuts. round 13 looks to be the stinker, as I already have 7 premiums from clubs with this bye.
Isn't round 9 best 18?

It should be the normal 22 imo
best 18 would be making it too easy
best 20 I can deal with, but I can't see that happening

Has anyone heard the R12 scenario? I keep thinking to myself it;s Best 20 that week only but that is all me-processed and I have actually never heard anything like that from an external source. I think it should be Best 20 as it's only four teams with the week off but I have no idea.

Nothing so far, one of the herald sun writers tweeted about round 9 being best 22 and all other byes as normal, but nothing official yet.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not bothered too much by the byes this year. Round 13 looks the trickiest but given it is the last one, it is the easiest to trade for. Probably the only big change I will make is picking Robbie Gray to take advantage of Port's early bye.

Midfield Bye question.

At the moment I'm going with Danger Pendles Treloar Fyfe Titchell Beams.

Pendles Treloar Fyfe & Titchell all have the round 13 bye. If Pendles misses round 1, simple I go to JPK.

I'm also running short on other lines so I can't use DPP to help really.

Ditch the Titch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back