List Mgmt. 2017 captain - Dayne Beams

Who would you like to be captain in 2017.

• Rockliff

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Zorko

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Robinson

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • Beams

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Rich

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams assessment of the first quarter - it being as good as any 20 minutes of footy he had ever played - is reason alone for his captaincy.

Because he has been at the top the young players are more likely to gain confidence from his assessments than those of someone like rocky who had the misfortune to be drafted to a club with an extended stay at the bottom of the league.

So many things come down to being in the right place at the right time.

Lions supporter next to me yesterday was saying how crap Beams is and how often he turns it over. Said he's by far our cleanest and best player and we'd be screwed without him. Guy was a flog.

My biggest concern is losing him to injury again .
Is the exact reason why I held my breath while I clicked on this updated thread and waited for it to load.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we'll go down by 20 or 30 and it'll be hands on hips and little to no second efforts. We'll be looking around for that messiah to come and give us a lift.

This year, I see the captain kicking that clutch goal to get us out of the ledge and moving. Seen it twice already against Bombers n saints. You can't put a finger on the impact but i feel that the team settles really well after that one moment - its like a reassuring "cmon boys, we've trained for this - now let's get to work" kind of unspoken directive from the leader.

Love what Beams is doing for us this year - great choice for captaincy.

Back