List Mgmt. 2017 captain - Dayne Beams

Who would you like to be captain in 2017.

• Rockliff

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Zorko

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Robinson

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • Beams

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Rich

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure the player vote won't be the only thing that decides the captaincy. Rather it will form part of the overall "ranking score".

All the signs through the trade period & going by the latest quotes from Fagan, I just don't see how Rockliff can remain captain. Fagan and Noble have been given plenty of opportunities by the media to endorse Rockliff's position or at least acknowledge his credentials, but so far they have said absolutely nothing in his defence.

Yeah..Interestingly the Clubs choice of player standing behind the coach with the old 3 musketeer's motto "All for one".

ll
_IHdZH6Pja6uKnI8an5rvM-EJbWvAJthZ6-YaeZJMQmUk6gb6TVFBSpXaOx8ETRkgDqGjaO8mzAaECGdVqLeCYxLyNoieYEgn3CzC4Pt6vT43lTopwEZM-SE_JRXh23yiveVf91g9S1CfxzdzT2RAR2TyQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Reading too much into all of this stuff. I highly doubt anyone from the footy department has talked to anyone from marketing about who to put up, etc. If it is like my experience then none of these departments talk to each other at all.

Absolutely...still a lot of work to do there.

Yeah..Interestingly the Clubs choice of player standing behind the coach with the old 3 musketeer's motto "All for one".

ll
_IHdZH6Pja6uKnI8an5rvM-EJbWvAJthZ6-YaeZJMQmUk6gb6TVFBSpXaOx8ETRkgDqGjaO8mzAaECGdVqLeCYxLyNoieYEgn3CzC4Pt6vT43lTopwEZM-SE_JRXh23yiveVf91g9S1CfxzdzT2RAR2TyQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Interesting choice. Like it or not, believe it or not, there is a bit of a smell around Rocky and his 'leadership'. Not the best choice for selling memberships at the moment. The video and statements so far focus on the youthful hope of the club. Surely some of the young boys present a more enticing image.

Interesting choice. Like it or not, believe it or not, there is a bit of a smell around Rocky and his 'leadership'. Not the best choice for selling memberships at the moment. The video and statements so far focus on the youthful hope of the club. Surely some of the young boys present a more enticing image.

Regardless of the Rocky rumours, never doubted Fagan would select his prefered captain.

Outside of this forum with just general supporters he is still one of the most favoured players in the team.

Yep, get that..Just seemed strange, with Chris Fagan saying the Lions captaincy is up for grabs not to have several favourite players behind him..

I will be really disappointed if Rockliff keeps the captaincy. As this is a whole new start, I think it is very important to start again in all areas of the team.

If our new coach retains Rocky, I will lose my slowly growing excitement for the beginning of being a strong club again....a club that stands for something, a club to be respected again....

.....it will all seem to be just words again.

I will be really disappointed if Rockliff keeps the captaincy. As this is a whole new start, I think it is very important to start again in all areas of the team.

If our new coach retains Rocky, I will lose my slowly growing excitement for the beginning of being a strong club again....a club that stands for something, a club to be respected again....

.....it will all seem to be just words again.
500-1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuck out like a sore thumb
It is almost difficult not to read too much in to it.

Surely after everything that has happened over the last couple of months he should have had a sufficient reality check and been keen to get to the club and put his best foot forward? Even if he wants to continue to rest a bit longer, at least get down and support the boys, encourage the group etc.

Obviously he is perfectly entitled to his full entitlement of leave, but if ever there was a year to come back a bit early surely it was this year!

It is almost difficult not to read too much in to it.

Surely after everything that has happened over the last couple of months he should have had a sufficient reality check and been keen to get to the club and put his best foot forward? Even if he wants to continue to rest a bit longer, at least get down and support the boys, encourage the group etc.

Obviously he is perfectly entitled to his full entitlement of leave, but if ever there was a year to come back a bit early surely it was this year!

Perhaps there are internal politics at play here?

For all we (or at least I) know he might even have been encouraged NOT to surface too early in the piece.

Fagan maybe having a good look at the functioning of the group without Rocky's "influence"?

Im calling it.Rockliff to captain in 2017.

Can just see the melts now. .....

"But he's a racist and a misogynist!"

"He has no respect for women!"

"He wont build the wall!"

"Arrrggghhhh!"
Hopefully he can Make Brisbane Great Again!

Last edited:

NB- If Clarke was still around I would have him in the leadership group in a second. How many times am I going to wonder what might have been for that young man?

Probably only a couple of times less than I will.

vote 1 Dayne Beams.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/64dedb4d0cc7014c5149d83d3429429b

snippets from the article-

DAYNE Beams is not campaigning for the Brisbane captaincy.

But if he gets the tap on the shoulder, he would relish the chance to steer the Lions into a brighter future.

“I worked on my leadership stuff last year when I wasn’t playing and there’s plenty of different forms of leadership. The main one is you want to be on the ground."

“I feel like I’ve matured a fair bit since I’ve come to Brisbane. I’ve learned from my mistakes and believe I have a bit to offer.’’

Back