List Mgmt. 2017 captain - Dayne Beams

Who would you like to be captain in 2017.

• Rockliff

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Zorko

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Robinson

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • Beams

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Rich

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They have your names, so you're probably on the outer. I'd be surprised if you're allowed to renew at the old price. If you do get a membership, they'll put Greeny on your card and it won't work at the gate.
What have you done??

On mine too...I put it down to the price of being a Platinum member..Although the fine print does say that in the event Rocky isn't named Captain..I'll be given an action pic of the Club Mascot.....

YBTH-wallpaper-LIONS.jpg

Very high ball drop. Almost looks like a reversed a.lynch with a bit more tone and a different head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...isbane-lions-a-big-boost-20170220-guhak4.html
By Caroline Wilson
Rockcliff redemption gives Brisbane Lions a big boost
Article quote: 'there remains no true stand-out favourite and if votes were cast on pre-season form and effort alone then Rockliff would get the nod.'

Time to place our bets.

PS looked for a captains thread but couldn't find it - didn't think the Rockcliff thread was appropriate. Please move this appropriately if I have stuffed up. Thanks mod. I didn't go far back enough.

Last edited:
My guess is Co-captains Rockcliff and Mitch Robbo.
Mitch based on possible leadership role in the forward line.
Rocky cause Fagan speaks so highly of him. The article does say that the team get to vote though and I have no insight on how the players feel. Other than the tweet by close that was supportive of Rocky.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/afl...isbane-lions-a-big-boost-20170220-guhak4.html
By Caroline Wilson
Rockcliff redemption gives Brisbane Lions a big boost
Article quote: 'there remains no true stand-out favourite and if votes were cast on pre-season form and effort alone then Rockliff would get the nod.'

Time to place our bets.

PS looked for a captains thread but couldn't find it - didn't think the Rockcliff thread was appropriate. Please move this appropriately if I have stuffed up. Thanks mod. I didn't go far back enough.
Caro usually gives a good insight. Regardless on whom is elected captain it's good to hear rocky is being a much better influence around the club.

Much happier reading stories like these than all the crap we had to read through last year.

"Fagan presented Rockliff with a list of unacceptable priors".

How come Caro isn't getting accused of "l know something you don't know" boasting and being told to put up or shut up! ;)

Seriously though, he's obviously done well to redeem himself coming from a long way back. It's great.

I am still of the view he will have his eyes on greener pastures at year end but whether he stays or goes, a great year for Rockliff is good for him and the club.

On the broader captaincy, all I've heard all pre-season from people at the club is "Beams, Beams, Beams" to the point where if they now give it to Zorko or anyone else I will start to worry that the knee isn't as successfully repaired as they have been suggesting. Still have him in front.

Back