Prediction 2017 Captaincy (and fallout) - Breaking News : feZZa93

Who will be captain?

• Mundy

Votes: 36 22.9%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 109 69.4%
  • Spurr (hey, a buddy's gotta do what a buddy's gotta do)

Votes: 12 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Hackdorn say Fyfe took a group of the Midfielders over by boat to Rottnest for a bit of a bonding trip. Whether that has anything to do with his captaincy aspirations I don't know, either way good on him for being proactive.

Interestingly Mundy wasn't part of the group.

I heard Hackdorn say Fyfe took a group of the Midfielders over by boat to Rottnest for a bit of a bonding trip. Whether that has anything to do with his captaincy aspirations I don't know, either way good on him for being proactive.

Your mistake was listening to Kim Hagdorn.
He most likely got his information from the same social media that was shown on this site.
It showed Fyfe, Brad Hill, Neale, Langdon, Tucker and Weller in two Instagram pictures with Rotto in the background.
I think the common factor here is age. Captain Mundy is a fair bit older.

We did lose a lot of people in the off season. Guys like Mzungu, De Boer and Silvagni strike me as guys that would have voted for Mundy. It's also likely that the new recruits are more likely to vote for Fyfe. Brad Hill seems to be pretty close to Fyfe for example.

It's just speculating, but I think with the turnover of player's we've had, the vote will go to Fyfe this time around.

We did lose a lot of people in the off season. Guys like Mzungu, De Boer and Silvagni strike me as guys that would have voted for Mundy. It's also likely that the new recruits are more likely to vote for Fyfe. Brad Hill seems to be pretty close to Fyfe for example.

It's just speculating, but I think with the turnover of player's we've had, the vote will go to Fyfe this time around.
I assume Pav would have voted for Mundy last time too

I assume Pav would have voted for Mundy last time too
If they had of done the stand up and then vote thing (like they did with the women's I think) it would have been interesting if Pav stood up early on to declare his vote. He wouldn't want to but he'd have influenced the voting - reckon it'd be hard for some to vote differently than The Pav. Pretty sure they blind voted first as a group and then spoke about their votes so this didn't happen though.

Ross will get up there and preach that this choice is about our future and for the next five years blah blah blah.

Smdh at the people thinking Mundy has it, absolutely 0 chance.

If they had of done the stand up and then vote thing (like they did with the women's I think) it would have been interesting if Pav stood up early on to declare his vote. He wouldn't want to but he'd have influenced the voting - reckon it'd be hard for some to vote differently than The Pav. Pretty sure they blind voted first as a group and then spoke about their votes so this didn't happen though.
...they would have kept the number of informal votes down to a reasonable level.

He most likely got his information from the same social media that was shown on this site.
It showed Fyfe, Brad Hill, Neale, Langdon, Tucker and Weller in two Instagram pictures with Rotto in the background.

Could not agree with you more, its the young guys. Sandi is a pretty important part of the midfield as well and missed out on an invite shock horror.

Lots of previous holiday pictures have shown that the youngies hang together and the senior players also tend to hang together (no f-ing surprise there). The camping holidays tend to be the more senior/family guys like Johnson and Griff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy also has young kids, which make it difficult to enjoy anything except their exclusive company.

16:37pm
THOMSONS BAY, ROTTNEST ISLAND

Sir Nat Fyfe emerges from the wheelhouse of his 98ft pleisure-cruiser to address some of his young protege's and peers. Among the group are Brad Hill, Lachie Weller, Darcy Tucker, some of Nat's friends plus a harem of young women.

"I trust you've had a good day gents...."
Nat says with a wry grin. Knowing full well all on board just had one of the best days they know they'll have this summer.

The young men look amongst themselves and can't help but smile. They just spent all day sampling fine cuisine, drinking beers and champagne with the best of company. Jumping off this massive dreamlike ship that's glistening in the bluest of oceans like a diamond in the sun.

"Oh one more thing, before we head off..." Nat says as he turns back toward the wheelhouse.

"As you're all aware, there is a team vote coming up. I'm not gonna say you HAVE to vote for me... What I will say though, is it's a long swim home"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
16:37pm
THOMSONS BAY, ROTTNEST ISLAND

Sir Nat Fyfe emerges from the wheelhouse of his 98ft pleisure-cruiser to address some of his young protege's and peers. Among the group are Brad Hill, Lachie Weller, Darcy Tucker, some of Nat's friends plus a harem of young women.

"I trust you've had a good day gents...."
Nat says with a wry grin. Knowing full well all on board just had one of the best days they know they'll have this summer.

The young men look amongst themselves and can't help but smile. They just spent all day sampling fine cuisine, drinking beers and champagne with the best of company. Jumping off this massive dreamlike ship that's glistening in the bluest of oceans like a diamond in the sun.

"Oh one more thing, before we head off..." Nat says as he turns back toward the wheelhouse.

"As you're all aware, there is a team vote coming up. I'm not gonna say you HAVE to vote for me... What I will say though, is it's a long swim home"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about the other story- mundy,suban , spurr ,ballas and etc?

The boating and weather isn't half as nice in Vic as it is in West Aus. Based on BF logic and after watching the Da Vinci Code, he's captain of the boat, which is symbolic that he's going to be captain of Freo, which means he's signing a 10 year contract at Freo:thumbsu:

The boating and weather isn't half as nice in Vic as it is in West Aus. Based on BF logic and after watching the Da Vinci Code, he's captain of the boat, which is symbolic that he's going to be captain of Freo, which means he's signing a 10 year contract at Freo:thumbsu:
:( subes miss out .

Hey hackdork - here's one for ya. Fyfe gets captaincy, Mundy obviously misses out then. Mundy plays but struggles with injuries for first half of year before being sent to pasture as we play more kids. Enter Logue, Balic, etc.

Fallout: Mundy joins Gazza Ablett at the Cattery next year! BOOM. Heard it here first.

capt1ht3t9.jpg

Back