2017 Carlton Draw

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not a draw. It is a FIXture, with an emphasis on the first syllable.

I would like to see all double up games played for 2 points the win, 1 point the draw so that every team competes against every other team for 4 points max. That would be a draw.

I would like to see all double up games played for 2 points the win, 1 point the draw so that every team competes against every other team for 4 points max. That would be a draw.

Interesting point. Would like to see some analysis on how this would have impacted the ladder over recent seasons.

hey that actually makes sense. Me likey.

It's not too bad.

You also have issues for playing away as well, perhaps different points for home vs away wins away.

Maybe even just put the points allocation into the hands of the AFL for their announcement at the end of the round ala Free Agency compo. FMD, that'd be living on the edge every week. Maybe even a live broadcast...tied in with MRP announcements, team of the week and a little variety act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not too bad.

You also have issues for playing away as well, perhaps different points for home vs away wins away.

Maybe even just put the points allocation into the hands of the AFL for their announcement at the end of the round ala Free Agency compo. FMD, that'd be living on the edge every week. Maybe even a live broadcast...tied in with MRP announcements, team of the week and a little variety act.
They could do TURBO ROUND when crowds are low..."THIS WEEK ONLY...CARLTON V ESSENDON FOR 36 PREMIERSHIP POINTS WOOOO"

They could do TURBO ROUND when crowds are low..."THIS WEEK ONLY...CARLTON V ESSENDON FOR 36 PREMIERSHIP POINTS WOOOO"

Tick! Options are endless, this fixture just got real exciting.
What about a hat (special guest appearance by 1AW's throughout the year) where specials are drawn from....playing for the XXXX (Sportsbet, TAB, all new Toyota Camry) Cup this weekend and drawn the eg. "+50 card"
Draw 50K crowd, 50 point win and hot chips for 50c (Nb serving size reduced) for bonus points.
That's right, 50c hot chips, you just can't beat that!

Interesting point. Would like to see some analysis on how this would have impacted the ladder over recent seasons.
Why? The idea isn't based on perceived distorted outcomes in previous years. The idea is that every team should play every other team for ONLY 4 points. If teams are going to play each other twice then they should be "2 point games".

It's not too bad.

Your suggestions, imaginative and tongue-in-cheek as they are, would demand that the playing schedule was called a FIXture, not a draw.

Easter. Is that happening or still a "possibility" from the AFL?

Hang on a minute Smegger I'll just go check.

I just asked my kids and they tell me that the Easter thingy is still happening this year. Also said that the AFL better not interfere because they'll make sure that one or two of the kids get way more eggs than all the others....and that wouldn't be fair would it?

Easter may however be cancelled should the Easter bunny get traded against his will (king spit) or gets injured during training.;)

Last edited:
Hang on a minute Smegger I'll just go check.

I just asked my kids and they tell me that the Easter thingy is still happening this year. Also said that the AFL better not interfere because they'll make sure that one or two of the kids get way more eggs than all the others....and that wouldn't be fair would it?

Easter may however be cancelled should the Easter bunny get traded against his will (king spit) or gets injured during training.;)
Do they make cola eggs?

Hopping the Blues can get a regular gig for Easter (like Pies & * have Anzac day). Haven't heard anything except the usual "we're looking into that".

Add it to my multiball idea and we've turned this sport into a spectators dream!!
needs more Jonathan......

a1db2eead85e75539f172593e704466a.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back