2nds 2017 Casey lower case demons thread - Eternal Dev League Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be surprised if brayshaw plays again.

I'm already prepared for this outcome.
He's gotta think about if it's worth the risk now I think. It's very minor s**t that's doing it (although last night it was a cheap elbow)

He's gotta think about if it's worth the risk now I think. It's very minor s**t that's doing it (although last night it was a cheap elbow)

I don't know the severity of the hit but if he's getting concussed from the water of a shower head hitting him it might be time for him to walk away.

It's messed up how these head knocks follow people around. I can think of Jones getting a big hit to the head once in his career and Gus has had 7 in 2 years or something crazy

Nothing I love more than a completely uneducated opinion on a matter that even Doctors don't have a definitive answer on. The club will back him to get himself right, and even if he doesn't, its way too early to be talking about his future beyond keeping him off the park for the foreseeable future.

Nothing I love more than a completely uneducated opinion on a matter that even Doctors don't have a definitive answer on. The club will back him to get himself right, and even if he doesn't, its way too early to be talking about his future beyond keeping him off the park for the foreseeable future.
Completely uneducated? Really mate?

Justin Clarke of Brisbane retired around the same age from multiple head knocks. It's a valid fear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're not a doctor, you're guessing. Head injuries are in a league of their own.
I overheard part of a convo with Someone from the club mate...
It sounded to be about him, although she didn't say a name or anything

Last edited:
Very early to go with this - I'm sure you're aware how rumours spread, hopefully he's back out there in a few weeks
It's an opinion mate. Hardly one of the most shocking ones on here. "Wow! Player who has suffered numerous serious head injuries may not play again - the scoop from a random bigfooty poster up next."
The clubs said he will play next week, so apparently I'm wrong anyway. No matter how much I disagree with them

It's an opinion mate. Hardly one of the most shocking ones on here. "Wow! Player who has suffered numerous serious head injuries may not play again - the scoop from a random bigfooty poster up next."
The clubs said he will play next week, so apparently I'm wrong anyway. No matter how much I disagree with them

With your connection to the club people will likely take your opinion as closer to fact.

Hopefully we dont have to worry about this again.

With your connection to the club people will likely take your opinion as closer to fact.

Hopefully we dont have to worry about this again.
Was nothing to do with her, as I said. I also wouldn't pass on medical information from the missus, easy way for her to lose a job

I'm not a doctor but I do know that you become more vulnerable to concussions once you've had a couple. It is a massive concern for Gus. I think he'd be better off being put on the LTI for the rest of the year, but at least for a couple of months. If I was his old man I'd be very, very concerned. * footy if your going to have no short term memory and be unable to drive a car in your mid-20s.

Mahoney says he'll likely play next week and was improved this morning.
I don't understand how it can only be a mild/minor concussion. From every one in the industry I've asked, still showing signs the next day isn't "mild".

Not sure why you'd risk it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back