2nds 2017 Casey lower case demons thread - Eternal Dev League Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure but he can perform in the clutch...

...with bonus Petracca tongue out swagger

I don't think the commentator said Corey Maynard enough in the video. I demand more!

0uP9ETc.png

0YBHPd9.png

Well the cupboard's looking a bit bare at the moment, but it looks like Maynard would have to be a chance at debuting in the next few weeks?

Well the cupboard's looking a bit bare at the moment, but it looks like Maynard would have to be a chance at debuting in the next few weeks?

Wouldn't be against it.

Johnstone a sneaky chance too, especially if Kent has another poor game.

Wouldn't be against it.

Johnstone a sneaky chance too, especially if Kent has another poor game.
Surely BenKen gets a crack ahead of DJ

Talls take time, blah, blah, blah, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned about Weid. I don't expect him to dominating, even VFL, at this stage, but I think we'd want to be seeing more consistently. Great that he kicked 6 a couple of weeks ago, but then what happened?

Actually just checked Inside Football ratings and it seems as though he was more consistent in the first half of last year: concerning.

Talls take time, blah, blah, blah, but I'm starting to get a bit concerned about Weid. I don't expect him to dominating, even VFL, at this stage, but I think we'd want to be seeing more consistently. Great that he kicked 6 a couple of weeks ago, but then what happened?

Actually just checked Inside Football ratings and it seems as though he was more consistent in the first half of last year: concerning.
Casey really aren't as good this year, but that's as much about Melbourne as anything. Not only did they have more consistent access to a bevy of high-level VFL players last year still listed at Melbourne (MJones, Terlich, Grimes as examples) they also weren't dealing with a raft of injuries at Melbourne. IIRC Casey recruited Nyuon because they were confident they'd have both Spencil and King for most of the year and that'd cover their ruck stocks. Bam, Gawn and Spencer get injured and King's the #1 ruck after not playing footy virtually since late 2015. Weid spent the first half of the year in the AFL, messing up their forward projections, then swaps with Pedo once the ruck disaster happens. Tim Smith gets a gig at AFL level and basically has a car crash on-field, then finally gets fit before busting his foot. Guys like Harmes and ANB who were solid contributors at VFL level last year make the step up.

Right now Melbourne really doesn't have that many fit players, and it's showing at Casey. Their inside brigade would be shattered because ours is shattered at senior level.

As such, Weid isn't getting the service he was last year, and it's tough as a KPF in that scenario. Look at Jack Riewoldt on Saturday night, same thing.

(Also, don't forget Oliver spent half of last year at Casey and blew everyone away)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey really aren't as good this year, but that's as much about Melbourne as anything. Not only did they have more consistent access to a bevy of high-level VFL players last year still listed at Melbourne (MJones, Terlich, Grimes as examples) they also weren't dealing with a raft of injuries at Melbourne. IIRC Casey recruited Nyuon because they were confident they'd have both Spencil and King for most of the year and that'd cover their ruck stocks. Bam, Gawn and Spencer get injured and King's the #1 ruck after not playing footy virtually since late 2015. Weid spent the first half of the year in the AFL, messing up their forward projections, then swaps with Pedo once the ruck disaster happens. Tim Smith gets a gig at AFL level and basically has a car crash on-field, then finally gets fit before busting his foot. Guys like Harmes and ANB who were solid contributors at VFL level last year make the step up.

Right now Melbourne really doesn't have that many fit players, and it's showing at Casey. Their inside brigade would be shattered because ours is shattered at senior level.

As such, Weid isn't getting the service he was last year, and it's tough as a KPF in that scenario. Look at Jack Riewoldt on Saturday night, same thing.

(Also, don't forget Oliver spent half of last year at Casey and blew everyone away)

Fair point, but I just think he should be doing somewhat better than averaging 7 touches at VFL level. He's still got time though.

Hey VitalDread how is BenKen actually looking when you watch him? He keeps racking up the disposal counts but it doesn't seem to be translating into what the coaches want. That said, the off-field s**t certainly isn't helping his cause.

When you lie to the club about an injury then go out drinking when you shouldn't a few months later, you are in deep s**t when you are out of contract and struggling to break into the 22 in the same year.

Since we gave JKH a new contract and Vince will probably get one as well if he is fine to play VFL and take a pay cut, we still have to make at least two changes to the list (I believe Lumumba counts as one so it isn't the usual three). The delistings will be out of the following:

Trengove
Kennedy
King
Hulett
Vandenberg
Spencer

(ANB, Stretch, Frost and Hunt are also OOC but obviously they won't be cut)

To be honest looking at that list wouldn't be surprised if we cut more than 2 (We've also got White on the rookie list who I can't see surviving another year). Trenners looks gone, Kennedy/Hulett would be very nervous and I reckon one of those rucks might get the chop if we can recruit a forward/ruck from somewhere. I only listed Vandenberg because with yet another long injury layoff the club might just let him go (Doubtful yes, but not beyond the realms of possibility).

When you lie to the club about an injury then go out drinking when you shouldn't a few months later, you are in deep s**t when you are out of contract and struggling to break into the 22 in the same year.

Since we gave JKH a new contract and Vince will probably get one as well if he is fine to play VFL and take a pay cut, we still have to make at least two changes to the list (I believe Lumumba counts as one so it isn't the usual three). The delistings will be out of the following:

Trengove
Kennedy
King
Hulett
Vandenberg
Spencer

(ANB, Stretch, Frost and Hunt are also OOC but obviously they won't be cut)

To be honest looking at that list wouldn't be surprised if we cut more than 2 (We've also got White on the rookie list who I can't see surviving another year). Trenners looks gone, Kennedy/Hulett would be very nervous and I reckon one of those rucks might get the chop if we can recruit a forward/ruck from somewhere. I only listed Vandenberg because with yet another long injury layoff the club might just let him go (Doubtful yes, but not beyond the realms of possibility).

Trenners Ill eat a hat if a gets another contract no chance in hell and that would be a waste of money for a bloke whos played 4 games in 4 years or something.
Kennedy has to be bloody nervous right now because he couldnt get a game during the crisis and when he did have a shot he went out on the piss. Kent was given another shot probably due to his contract. Kennedy is in big trouble.
Hulett not even playing for Casey at the moment is a worry. Although speculative tall taken late. Meh delist.
Spencer might actually be in strife, we have shown we can play with Pedo and Mac in the ruck and not really have a need for Spencer so the club may let him go. Suspect we would re rookie though.

You are right on Vanders, his body might be letting him down for all we know.
Also the possibility someone asks for a trade aswell.

Hey VitalDread how is BenKen actually looking when you watch him? He keeps racking up the disposal counts but it doesn't seem to be translating into what the coaches want. That said, the off-field s**t certainly isn't helping his cause.
I have been in euro the last 3 weeks so unsure sorry

What a mess. A national reserves league has to be in the pipeline.
not really, VFL will become stand alone with clubs having 10-15 listed players to cover any AFL injuries
in fact it will allow clubs to recruit better listed players due to having more cap room

Remove this Banner Ad

Back