2017 Chat with the Club - now with answers see OP

Discussion in 'Adelaide' started by feenix67, Jan 22, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. Tex Danger

Tex Danger Club Legend

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    In future (and ill have to try remember to raise it myself as a question next time this happens) id like a different slant on the logo question asked.

IS there any chance of a refreshing of the logo, with recent changes to the guernsey fixing our blue, can the same process be applied to the logo so it again represents our colours. (With this, thinning/removing the borderlines would make the logo more sleek and remove a lot of the over accentuated curve at the end of the beak and a change of font I think the logo has a lot more potential)

This type pf change would surely be a lot cheaper and not lose the branding/attachement the current logo has built that they don't want to apparently lose.

The logo in the Smithers photo day video (outline only version) looks so much better than the full version

AFC3000 likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Elite Crow

Elite Crow Premium Platinum

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Have you got me off ignore? I'm flattered.

Sanders likes this.
  3. Kane McGoodwin

Kane McGoodwin Hall of Famer

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Adelaide Crows
    Perhaps represent BF at the next meeting if you don't feel represented.

It's not Iike everyone can be happy all the time...

4. Wayne's-World

Wayne's-World Hall of Famer

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    West Adelaide
    It could be a valid argument by the attendees that they were taking baby steps in the relationship, and that more expansive questioning could occur in time with familiarity and trust between the parties

Kane McGoodwin likes this.
  5. Wayne's-World

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    West Adelaide
    Yes, it doesn't matter given we won't be discussing footy issues .....team/performance that is

6. Scorpus

Scorpus Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Have to agree with Wayne here, you can ask as many hard questions as you like but the club will just refuse to answer them or straight bat them. Particularly anything controversial or that might get them to admit they didn't do a good job

7. Wayne's-World

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    West Adelaide
    Of course .....questioning should be around fan engagement .....uniforms, logo, pre-match entertainment, social media performance and opportunities for improvement in social media .......we have some great posters with excellent backgrounds in design and social media that should have a voice

8. Wayne's-World

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    West Adelaide
    Look there's no doubt the club has listened to its fans on the uniform colors and design (hoops full circle) ......i'm sure they're listening about the raptor as well, because they haven't jumped immediately, doesn't mean there aren't plans afoot

To me there's a disconnect between the raptor and the Crows used in all advertising .....that'll be rectified in time

9. 1970crow

1970crow Brownlow Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    There's going to be another meeting. So basically mission accomplished.

10. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Yeah what do you reckon the chances are I would be invited and allowed to have my questions asked?

Besides, I've spoken to Chapman and Trigg in the past, I think I would have been blackballed by now.

11. Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Moderator

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool
    Did your question get asked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. AFC3000

AFC3000 Premiership Player

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Looks like my question about membership number goals was asked. I know that membership is really just name on a database to Fages, and I'm happy with that, I realise it's probably better to sell access to and insights from that list than maybe get a few thousand non-access members at $50 a year, minus cost of acquiring new paid members and retaining them etc. I am a fan of the We Fly As One membership.

100,000 in 3 years time, I don't care if it's audited, I'd be happy for us to just make the big claim and stand by it. This year it would be best to get out just ahead of the audited numbers and promote the fact that we don't care about the audited numbers rather than sort of be caught with a lower number after the audit and then have to say we don't care about that number after the fact. Let's see if we get that 100,000 within the time frame.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    GreyCrow likes this.
  13. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Did we ask why we went short on both lists?

14. CrowsB4hoes

CrowsB4hoes Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    I'd be happy to go next year if both Fages and Shutts refer to me as Mr Hoes.

Sanders likes this.
  15. Kane McGoodwin

Kane McGoodwin Hall of Famer

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Adelaide Crows
    Yes.

Apparently most clubs are going short to prepare for merging of main & rookie list.

I still don't get it, but that was the answer.

16. feenix67

feenix67 Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dmac's interview is indeed the record holder for most listeners/plays... by a reasonable margin too.

FR0GGY likes this.
  17. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    And that's what I've been saying all preseason.

So effectively keeping Thommo has meant we've passed on a late pick in the draft or rookie list and passing had nothing to do with lack of available talent.

So who was that I was in discussion with about this, Pdub Carmo ?

18. feenix67

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Thats a fair comment and we do walk a fine line. You have to bear in mind that the club cant talk openly and publicly about certain things, and whilst Fages doesn't mind tough questions, we're not investigative Journalists nor are we in a position to be confrontational with them. There is an element of "dont bite the hand that feeds you"

For example, were we to ask a question about our draft/trading strategy, the club aren't likely to say "we messed up", because thats not the message they want the world (or our draftees and recruits) to hear. And I stress, that was a hypothetical example.

Frankly, there aren't too many media outlets that I can think of in the footy world which would ask those kinds of questions, and those that do certainly get the company line. So whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think perhaps your expectations in regards to this aspect are too high.

Allefgib, FR0GGY, NikkiNoo and 2 others like this.
  19. feenix67

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Think about it EC, what answers do you honestly think the club would have given to the bolded questions? What makes you think the club even feels that the Gibbs situation was a "debacle"? And whilst you might think the "mighty" in the song was trivial, many didnt. Many also think the logo issue is a non issue. So we asked as many questions as we could and all the questions that were asked were out of this thread (bar two).

Perhaps posters who appear so passionate about this catch up should be more creative with their questions? Not one question was ours, they were all yours - yet we're to blame for the quality of the questions?

Pretty much sums up this board - damned if you do, damned if you dont :)

Allefgib and NikkiNoo like this.
  20. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    That's fair enough, but by asking the question they at least know that footballers followers aren't easily fooled by "organic growth". You might not get a straight answer but are forced to provide an answer.

21. feenix67

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    As Fagan said, he's aware any time he speaks to anyone publicly on any platform, he's speaking to everyone. Thus, he has to be careful.

22. feenix67

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    What makes you think they're not aware? They're very aware, as Fagan stated, acknowledging it's a results oriented business and they expect feedback (good or bad) when it comes.

Trust me, he knows exactly what the various points of view are. And thats not be being secret squirrel, thats acknowledging the extensive efforts the club is going into supporter engagement, data mining, marketing, media and social media. It's his pet project and a major plank of the club's ongoing operations.

GrommoT likes this.
  23. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    I wasn't comfortable posting what I did and I wasn't going to because I know you and the others are passionate about it and you put a lot of work into it.

As for the questions, not all were asked.

As for the logo, maybe I shouldn have given you license to mercifully bag the crap out of it to get the point across ;)

24. feenix67

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Yes, and it was answered. In short, we're in a similar list position to last year, and they are preparing for the scrapping of the secondary lists.

Elite Crow likes this.
  25. Elite Crow

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    I like it when I'm right.