News 2017 Club Membership packages

Remove this Banner Ad

Any seating prices released as yet?
I'm looking to upgrade my 2 x reserved seats in the Ablett Terrace to Players/Premiership stand and keen to see what the damage will be.
Still waiting on a call or email back from the club.

Any seating prices released as yet?
I'm looking to upgrade my 2 x reserved seats in the Ablett Terrace to Players/Premiership stand and keen to see what the damage will be.
Still waiting on a call or email back from the club.
Yep, it's up now:

IMG_0630.jpg
PREMIERSHIP CLUB - JUNIOR - OPEN
IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg

Received my renewal notice for the new Brownlow stand and it looks like they managed to get us almost spot on back where we were in the old stand.

Fingers crossed but so far :thumbsu:

Were you under cover CE?

MCC is including club supporter packages as an add-on to the standard MCC membership, which is a similar deal to a three game Geelong membership (I'm guessing a difference is that you can use your three games on away matches at Etihad). I'll be cancelling my full membership and going with the MCC version.

https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-membership/dual-membership-options/geelong

Moved to A23 in the players, not sure exactly where it is but underover

Are you going to have a beer with Shell and the crew at the LOTI next year?
You have been here for 100 years but I am yet to meet you or your Magpie lov'n old man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of moving from the players stand to the Premiership.... anyone else there and how is the view?

I was thinking of moving for no other reason than there are a mob of dickheads near us who are regular trouble. I am too old for the dramas but need to be under cover at my decrepit old age. I even considered the Social Club but do not like the idea of of having reserved seats. Plus Catempire will not pick up my tab at the bar.

Last edited:
Are you going to have a beer with Shell and the crew at the LOTI next year?
You have been here for 100 years but I am yet to meet you or your Magpie lov'n old man.

It's not quite 100 years just yet and I haven't seen shell for a bit either.

It's hard to get the walking frame over that far.

You will never meet my old man he stays home where he belongs. Either shooting or detecting.

I was thinking of moving for no other reason than there are a mob of dickheads near us who are regular trouble. I am too old for the dramas but need to be under cover at my decrepit old age. I even considered the Social Club but do not like the idea of of having reserved seats. Plus Catempire will not pick up my tab at the bar. Tight arse pe*ck he is.

So you do know me:eek:

And the same reason for undercover.

I was thinking of moving for no other reason than there are a mob of dickheads near us who are regular trouble. I am too old for the dramas but need to be under cover at my decrepit old age. I even considered the Social Club but do not like the idea of of having reserved seats. Plus Catempire will not pick up my tab at the bar. Tight arse pe*ck he is.
SC is first in best seat, No reserved seats, Turn up early, put a scarf on your seat, LOTI, or go for a walk, come back, perfect!
Or is that what you meant?

SC is first in best seat, No reserved seats, Turn up early, put a scarf on your seat, LOTI, or go for a walk, come back, perfect!

Yep, it should have read "I don't like the idea of not having a reserved seat."
I should not post after having a session on the tiles.

Is it that easy? People are not likely to move your scarf?
Or worse still, I would probably forget where I put the thing.

Last edited:
Does the reserved seats gove you access to the Melbourne games at all?

Only if you have reserved seats in Melbourne too.
For example, I have a reserved seat at Kardinia Park in the Hickey stand, and I also have a reserved seat at both Jihad and the MCG for Geelong home games.

Hoping somebody could clarify something for me.
I am an AFL Member with Geelong Support and have been for 20 yrs. I have previously bundled this in with a reserved seat at KP at extra cost for me and the family. As a Melbourne based fan, I am going to have to give the reserved seat the flick this year as the fixture is VERY unfriendly to Melb based supporters with young kids.
Having said that, I would still like to go to KP once or twice to watch the cats live.
However somebody has told me that an AFL Membership, even with Geelong package, doesnt give you General Admission to KP.
Surely this isnt correct ?!?!?!
Does somebody know if this is the case ? Dr. Google couldnt seem to help me !
I am AFL member with club support and can confirm that this does NOT give GA to KP. You can pay the upgrade fee ($8 or whatever it is) to reserve a seat at home games under the club support part of your membership (as it is the same as being a Geelong member) but this was limited last year due to the lack of seats and reserved seat members being moved to other locations.

I was thinking of moving for no other reason than there are a mob of dickheads near us who are regular trouble

I'm moving from the Hickey Stand to the Social Club for a similar reason. Too many idiots around us content to sit there yet will only be vocal towards supporters who like to make some noise .

Plus the new stand looks fantastic! Social Club will offer everything I have now - 16 game membership/premiership member/Simonds seat, without being stuck near the same annoying people all the time.

I am AFL member with club support and can confirm that this does NOT give GA to KP. You can pay the upgrade fee ($8 or whatever it is) to reserve a seat at home games under the club support part of your membership (as it is the same as being a Geelong member) but this was limited last year due to the lack of seats and reserved seat members being moved to other locations.
Thanks for the info- cheers. That confirms what somebody else told me then.
Is it just me or does it almost defy belief that a Geelong AFL membership doesn't give you GA to Geelong home games.
But anyway..........
I know I am getting a bit old fashioned but I do miss the times when you could just rock up to a game of AFL on the day if it suited and enjoy the footy. It's all becoming a little bit too expensive and complicated these days.
And I always seem to have an underlying feeling that I am being ripped off a little.
But it is my choice to pay and I enjoy watching the catters play. Just might change from live action to the TV in the next couple of years.

I'm moving from the Hickey Stand to the Social Club for a similar reason. Too many idiots around us content to sit there yet will only be vocal towards supporters who like to make some noise .

Plus the new stand looks fantastic! Social Club will offer everything I have now - 16 game membership/premiership member/Simonds seat, without being stuck near the same annoying people all the time.

I was looking at that and thought the same thing. Gets the full H/A season, Premiership access and a KP seat. All for 750 as I read it.

Not too bad.

The issue I have as I wont use it for more than 1-2 weeks at best it hard to justify the $$ upgrade from the full deal I have now - which at least in 2016 I never used once lol

Go Catters

Thanks for the info- cheers. That confirms what somebody else told me then.
Is it just me or does it almost defy belief that a Geelong AFL membership doesn't give you GA to Geelong home games.
But anyway..........
I know I am getting a bit old fashioned but I do miss the times when you could just rock up to a game of AFL on the day if it suited and enjoy the footy. It's all becoming a little bit too expensive and complicated these days.
And I always seem to have an underlying feeling that I am being ripped off a little.
But it is my choice to pay and I enjoy watching the catters play. Just might change from live action to the TV in the next couple of years.
I assume it is because the main benefit of the AFL membership is access to the AFL owned parts of the MCG and Etihad stadium. AFL does not have stake in the other stadiums, so they can't pass on the benefits. I am not sure what level of membership the "club support" equates too, but it might just be the minimum amount to be part of the club, not access the stadium. Same goes for every other interstate club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back